PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Right elbow pain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Right elbow pain

Post by Black. on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:04 am

Yesterday, after I did 25 pushups I felt a pain in my right elbow. But it hurts me only when I do push exercices, I can do pullups with no pain.
The pain did not dissapear. I'm afraid it's the tendon.
That's all I needed. :cry:
It would be safe to continue on negatives pullups ?
Black.
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Re: Right elbow pain

Post by ChrisTG on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:32 am

Yes if pullups don't hurt then keep doing them, stop what hurts and rest that movement. Give it some extra time after it stops hurting and work back in slowly.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 am

If it hurts - don't do it. Maybe take a break on the Pushups for a few days.
If you don't feel any pain from the Pullups, then it's probably Ok to continue.

If you feel any niggle that you are unsure of during the Pullups- take a break from them.

After a few days rest try incline Pushups with your hands on an elevated surface to reduce the amount of weight on your elbows.

Continue with an easier movement, while no pain is felt and give the injury time to fully heal.

Cheers Chris

Last edited by Rastaman on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:12 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted section of post - not relevant.)
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Black. on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 am

Thank you guys for your answers!
I'll take a brake from push exercices.
Black.
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 am

Consider thick bar lifting. Also, try this:

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com/t67-elbow-rehab-prehab
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 am

Personally when I do regular pushups, there's a twisting stress put upon my elbows, I eliminate that twisting stress by doing knuckle pushups instead of regulars.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:54 pm

The stress in pushups for me has been on the wrists more than anything lately. For some reason my elbows never have a problem regardless of the volume I put on them.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Elbow pains tend to stick around for(ever!). Take all the advice already given.
A lot of tendon pains can be what is termed "referred pain" it's actually caused by shortened muscles pulling on the joint. Some muscles are actually short, some just need proper stretching. Some need to have trigger points worked out. Some are used too much.
Whatever the reason, take care of your elbow. Get a handball or tennis ball and work the muscles on top and below the elbow with it. Roll the ball 2" forward, 1" back all the way down the arm (toward) the elbow. Try to find "sticking" points -i.e. points that hurt. Those would be your trigger points.
Go here and read up!
http://www.mobilitywod.com/?s=elbow+pain
Go here and read up!
http://www.tptherapy.com/
The internet is your friend! :D
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by MF! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm

As above. :)
MF!
Adept
Adept

http://traceurversusbboy.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Black. on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 am

My elbow is getting better and better. The pain almost dissapeared. All those exercices were awesome!
Black.
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 am

Glad to hear it. Too bad we don't all come with a manual from the manufacturer, eh? Then we'd know all this stuff from the get go!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top