PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

I like movies (i know you do too)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I like movies (i know you do too)

Post by Journeyman on Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm

New pac rim trailer:

Looking better than ever, if you can ignore the cringe-worthy voiceover and the bit with the ship at the end. The Chinese mech looks awesome:

Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman on Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 am

Journeyman wrote:
Madman wrote:I can't believe you guys watch Arrow. I saw a few mins and it looked very "Canadian". :shrug:

Not sure what that means? It's pretty mindless entertainment--not much of a plot or story, etc. but the acting's gotten better and the action is phenomenal for a tv show. Lots of Chinese-style martial arts being used.

I haven't watched GoT. I want to read the books first, which I've been meaning to, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I'm Canadian, so there's no novelty for me in watching shows like Arrow :mrgreen:
That being said. I highly reccomend Trailer Park Boys the series, it's a gritty down to earth look at suburban life in Canada and tackles current political and social topics with a mature and unbiased perspective.

How can you watch tv kungfu after choreographed movie kungfu? have you no appreciation for quality!?

Anyhoo, def check out GoT, it's a very watchable series with interesting characters.
Madman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue May 21, 2013 1:08 am

It is WELL choreographed, like I said. They're really fond of flying armbars (they show up really often) but w/e.
I always go to fantasy/action/scifi games/movies/books etc. because 'current issues' takes up most of my school time. That, dance, and lifting... that's my life right there lol.

The Raid has the best action choreo I've ever seen. Ever.

I'll check out GoT at some point but promised myself I'd read the books first... maybe by that point I can watch the entire tv series at once, or something.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman on Tue May 21, 2013 2:21 pm

I'll have to take your word for the choreography. I don't like that tacky jiujitsu stuff in any case though.
If you like Martial arts films, I highly reccomend Tony Jaa's stuff, he's supposed to be in the Expendables 3 as-well.

I was joking about Trailer Park boys, it's actually a comedy, a VERY funny one. Def check out a few episodes on Ytube or something, I guarantee you'll rofl.

I may read the books at some point myself, but I find most books too "touchy feeley" for my liking.

Madman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Tue May 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Madman wrote:I may read the books at some point myself, but I find most books too "touchy feeley" for my liking.

Well, only if you read touchy-feeley books.

Haven't read the GoT books, but with the show being as good as it is, they are probably not of the touchy-feeley sort.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by MF! on Wed May 22, 2013 12:58 am

Journeyman wrote:New pac rim trailer

Looking better than ever, if you can ignore the cringe-worthy voiceover and the bit with the ship at the end. The Chinese mech looks awesome

pretty sure i might have mentioned this before....

MF!
Adept
Adept

http://traceurversusbboy.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 am

^ Yeah I've heard that mentioned a lot in conjunction with pacrim. Watched one tv episode, seemed a bit boring to me, but I may watch one of the full length movies one of these days when I'm bored... what'd you think of it? Evangelion, that is.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Just watched this fabolous gem! Pick of destiny [Spoilers]
Warning to Dave, there's bit of strong language (esecially in the seond clip). As a musician/guitarist, this is one of the funniest movies ever.

Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

http://www.facebook.com/esa.lackstrom

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman on Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 am

Well, only if you read touchy-feeley books.

Wtf, did I just get Pnw3DD?

Haven't read the GoT books, but with the show being as good as it is, they are probably not of the touchy-feeley sort.

Are you challenging me to read the first two books of the Game Of Thrones series?

Oh it's on... :read:

I'll post my findings in the books thread, so I don't get banned. :right:

Just saw a trailer yesterday and I already wanna watch this movie:

The cast looks pretty hilarious.
Madman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by MF! on Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 am

Journeyman wrote:^ Yeah I've heard that mentioned a lot in conjunction with pacrim. Watched one tv episode, seemed a bit boring to me, but I may watch one of the full length movies one of these days when I'm bored... what'd you think of it? Evangelion, that is.

I read the series and loved it. I can see the anime being boring. There's quite a bit of introspectiveness that happens in the series (the value of life, the motivation to fight, whom for and why do we fight to survive, etc). Overall I thought it was pretty well thought out. I'm not an uber anime fan, but if any of them catches my eye it def is usually pretty good.

speaking of which, check out Golgo 13. Even though the episodes end in a similar way, I find the scenarios he's placed in pretty interesting. It's cool to see what he comes up with as far as completing his tasks. (I think they also made a live action movie to it as well)

MF!
Adept
Adept

http://traceurversusbboy.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 am

Madman wrote:Wtf, did I just get Pnw3DD?

No, but there are many books that are far from touchy-feeley, if that's not what you like.

Madman wrote:Are you challenging me to read the first two books of the Game Of Thrones series?

Hmmm... yes? Although it wouldn't be fair to challenge you because I haven't read them yet myself. I also heard that the plot of the series is pretty consistent with the plot of the books. Which is cool - movies and TV shows made after books generally tend to be quite bad.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Sat May 25, 2013 10:11 am

Fatman wrote:

movies and TV shows made after books generally tend to be quite bad.

And by games too, I waited the first Silent Hill movie pretty eagerly, only to find out that the main characters gender had been changed, the whole setting of WHY they went to Silent Hill was changed, the main antagonist was changed, and i'm not even going to say All the things in the plot what were changed (+ some extra characters that we're major players in the plot of the movie, but weren't in the game). They had the perfect setting, and the movie had it's moments, it's a good movie (for a game adaption), but it's not anywhere near the true Silent HIll.

Obliviously the movie was a big disappointment, made many HC fans of the series angry. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were the best survival/psychological horror games i've ever played. Should check out the second film, but it has gotten pretty negative reviews as well.
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

http://www.facebook.com/esa.lackstrom

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Tue May 28, 2013 9:43 am

Yeah, I don't think Silent Hill could ever be properly converted into a movie. Can't compress the storyline into a 2-hour timeframe, and anything longer than that would have made the movie extremely boring to watch.

So part one turned out to be an artsy slasher-flick - not bad, but I can see how someone who liked the game wouldn't like the movie.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:13 pm

My favorite movie encoder and torrent publisher:
Code:
yify-torrents.com

I hope this post is not illegal.
If it is, I didn't know it would, and thus I'm sorry in advance.
Afterall it's just a link, to a webpage, not a download link.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:57 pm

I just watched Flukt, aka Escape.
What a movie!
It realistically depicts what awaits you in "real world" if you're weak.
It reminded me of my encounter with the nationalists.
What saved me that day was luck.
I better depend on strength for the next time.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Recent movies I liked:

Edge of Tomorrow
Lego Movie
Man of Steel (though some parts were pretty stupid, as though the director was like "Nonsensical collateral damage, YYYAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!! Hahahaha!!!"
I'll think of others and post them. Might have to check out the one you mentioned out of curiosity, squatty.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top