PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

250 Workouts - Take II

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

250 Workouts - Take II

Post by ccheatum on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:46 am

Well, I had three goals for last year:
1. 250 workouts for the year - FAIL
2. End the year below 165 lbs - FAIL
3. 20 Pullups - FAIL

So, in some sense it was not a good year, but I actually had a great year! The main goal was the 250 workouts, and I was very close to that goal. As Greek will note, some of the workouts were a little thin, but I kept myself moving throughout the year, which was the real focus of the goal. On the other goals, I was a long way off. I started the year at 175 lbs, and I am still there. I got as close as 11 pullups, then I hurt my back, again! Nevertheless, I cannot complain about these setbacks.

Looking ahead to the new year,

I want to renew my goal for 250 workouts. I can do this!

I want to renew my goal to get below 165 lbs. I really just need to focus on fruits and vegetables.

I want to try out olympic lifting. I have never really been interested much, but Dave and Mike have inspired me to try something new. So, I will have to find someone who can teach me what to do and how to do it right so I can avoid getting myself injured.

So, that is the start of another great year. I want to add a special note of thanks to Dave for getting this site up and going to save us from the demise of BWC! I appreciate having all of you here to support me, and I am eager to do more to support all of you!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #1

Post by ccheatum on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 am

Simple 100s

10 Pushups
10 Squats
10 Strand Reverse Flyes 30 lbs
10x

A quick simple workout that really burns up my upper back! Good stuff for workout #1!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Re: 250 Workouts - Take II

Post by Rastaman on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:53 am

Nice workout to start the year :up:

Simple workouts are often the best!

Only 249 to go :P
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 am

I agree, great workout!
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:32 am

Agreed ^

250 is a tall order -again.
Sickness and injury begone!

Good start!
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:37 pm

ccheatum wrote:I want to renew my goal for 250 workouts. I can do this!

You better be sure you are ready to train 5 days a week EVERY week, because that is what it's going to take. You cannot afford to miss a week.

According to the S.M.A.R.T. system of goal setting, for a goal to be a good one, it should be:

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Timely

But I would swap out "Realistic" (because it is really just another way to say "Achievable") for "Relevant".

In the case of 250 workouts, is the goal relevant? You want to build consistency, fine, but does that consistency necessarily entail doing 5 workouts every single week for the whole year without fail? I know a lot of people would be happy to do 3-4 training sessions per week - and would make remarkable progress doing so.

I am not attempting to discourage you from your goal, I am simply asking you to consider if it is truly the right goal to set compared with the results you are hoping to achieve.

And that brings up question: Is your goal specific? Sure 250 is a specific number, it is measurable, and it represents consistency, but it represents consistent work, not results. Not only that, it represents unspecified work. Why not set a goal that specifically measures the results you wish to attain?

I want to renew my goal to get below 165 lbs.

That's what I'm talking about. Is 250 workouts really the way to do it? Or the best way to do it? It didn't work the first time, and you know what the definition of insanity is right? ;) :headbang:

I want to try out olympic lifting. I have never really been interested much, but Dave and Mike have inspired me to try something new. So, I will have to find someone who can teach me what to do and how to do it right so I can avoid getting myself injured.

Have you seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? It will help you in a big way.

All the best to you in the new year, and I hope you will at least consider replacing your 250 workouts goal with something else, maybe something like hitting 20 pullups.

And the best thing is when you reach your 20 pullups (which can be done in less than 2 months) and your 165 (which can also be done is less than two months), you will have 8 month left to set more goals. No need to limit yourself to only two highly attainable (results oriented) goals for the year.

I hope you don't find my input intrusive. :bolt:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GreekPT on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 pm

DAVE - stop!!! S.M.A.R.T. is the krap, ok, i mean stuff they use at work for our MBO's/bonuses. I don't want to log on here, wave Chris's ManCard to and fro and then think I'm still at work!!

CC just bust out some 2 a days and you have it in the bag....maybe after a solid month my wallet will be one MC lighter...

GreekPT
Wanted for Chococide
Wanted for Chococide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm

GreekPT wrote:DAVE - stop!!! S.M.A.R.T. is the krap, ok, i mean stuff they use at work for our MBO's/bonuses. I don't want to log on here, wave Chris's ManCard to and fro and then think I'm still at work!!

Hahaha!

CC, now that we know Phil's weakness I guess it's time to divide your log into quarterly statements as well. :geek:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccheatum on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 am

Dave,

There is a lot of wisdom in what you say. I am, in fact, hoping to work out on average 5 days of every week this year. That was always the intent of that goal. I have a history of running hot and cold and going through weeks or even moths where I do nothing. Probably the biggest success of the 250 workouts goal for 2012 was that I only had one short spell of that this year and it was during an injury in September. Although it was probably what sunk the goal, it was only about 3 weeks long instead of trailing into months. So, I do think that the 250 workouts goal is something I want to maintain. In fact, I would probably want to keep that as a goal even if I had made it in 2012.

All of that being said, you raise an important point. Part of what has been difficult for me is that I have not had clear and realizable short term goals to work towards. Those short term goals would help to give my workouts some focus. Right now that is a problem for me in that I am just making something up every morning, but I have no real goal in mind to direct my selection of exercises. That necessarily means that I am being haphazard in my training and that almost never leads to any kind of steady progress. So, I agree that I need some short term goals to focus my workouts. I love the idea of 20 pullups, but I have a lot of travel in the coming weeks, and pullups are always tough during travel. So, I need to think about what short terms goal I want to select that will be compatible with my travel schedule. I'll have to think about it for a day or two!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #2

Post by ccheatum on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:10 am

5x5 circuit

5 Pike Press to Headstands
5 Bicep Curls (L/R) 30lbs
5 One-Arm, One-Leg deadlifts (R/L-L/R) 30 lbs
5 DB Rows (L/R) 30lbs
5x

A nice workout. I really enjoy the press to headstand and have not done that much in a while. I decided I would get in some good DB work. This was fun.
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 am

CC -
I am glad you are back to do more damage. Good luck with whatever you chose.
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Chris, thanks for your thoughtful reply to my suggestion. In that case may I now wholeheartedly wish you every success in achieving the 250. :)

About the haphazardness you mentioned and lack of progress, yes I had noticed. Give some thought to your goals. Look at my new stated goals in my log. You'll notice something peculiar about them - they are all performance goals (except the BW goal) and all based on the kind of training I enjoy the most or have had the most success with in the past.

So since you are set on 250 workout, and since you know this means 5 days a week, then your next task (if I may be so bold) is to

1. Decide what your performance goals are.

2. Divide the year into 5 or 8 cycles and then plan out which goals you'll work on for each cycle and what you'll be doing to advance those goals.

Pullups can wait until you have a 6-8 week period to devote a whole cycle to advancing them. But what else do you want to improve your performance in? No matter the answer, it will help you to attain your BW goal, so long as the nutrition is lined up. You can work on one or two goals per cycle, and there is no reason you can't return to the same goal more than once, for example in the first cycle of the year you choose to work on "Performance Goal 3" and then you revisit it during the third cycle of the year and again for the fifth cycle.

It'll take a bit of forethought, but I think that's what you really need at this point to see some good gains. Don't worry too much about planning your whole year, just get an idea of what you'll be doing for your first cycle for now, and the rest will fall into place when you see the kind of results following a focused plan will yield.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:45 pm

GreekPT wrote:DAVE - stop!!! S.M.A.R.T. is the krap, ok, i mean stuff they use at work for our MBO's/bonuses. I don't want to log on here, wave Chris's ManCard to and fro and then think I'm still at work!!

CC just bust out some 2 a days and you have it in the bag....maybe after a solid month my wallet will be one MC lighter...
I have to agree. The only valid goals are the ones that improve your actions and behavior, because these are the only things we can control. If you change your behavior you can achieve all the results you desire. IMO that's why the 250 workouts goal is genius. CC's got to be in better condition because of it, than if he set a handful of numerical goals at the beginning of last year.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 pm

250 workouts is a numerical goal. ;) Anyway, as he said, he's got the consistency pretty well down and as he admitted he needs to get the focus down now. Specific performance goals are the best answer to that in my opinion.

It would be different if he were still racked with inconsistency, but he's not.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccheatum on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am

Thanks for all of the input guys!

Dave is right about needing to focus on some specific near-term goals. First, I like this idea because it gives me something specific to target for a few weeks, and that makes coming up with ideas about what to work on easier. Second, I like it because, although I have developed much more consistency because of the 250 workouts goal and that has me in much better conditioning with more strength, the fact is that I have not seen much progressive development. To see more progressive development, I need to focus my workouts over a period of time on achieving specific performance goals. That will have the added advantage that I will have some short-term targets instead of only looking at the long-term over the course of the year.

With all of that, I have given some thought to what I want to work on first. I think I need to have about two main goals. For my first cycle, which I will leave as a flexible time period of 4-8 weeks, I plan to work on the following two goals:

1. 30 second freestanding handstand
2. 5 reps of the advance shrimp squat (L/R)

I have played with handstands at various points, and they are a lot of fun. I like the idea of spending some serious training time on them. I know up front that I will need to do some wrist and forearm work to prevent tendonitis problems. Booth of these goals will also require some solid core work. Together, these goals will help me to see strength gains in both upper and lower body.

For each of these goals I will do a lot of work on the progression along with a wide variety of support exercises. As I get started I will try to compile a list of good support exercises that will serve as he basis for a lot of my workouts during this first cycle. I am hopeful that these are attainable goals in the 1-2 months that I will work towards them!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by GreekPT on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:08 am

How about setting a time for 5 or the ManCard earning 10 SOH??

10 sets can be an end goal and you simply work your way up to it. All kidding aside, I think you have to move beyond your 'comfort zone' of a 10-15 minute workout if you want to increase/improve your stamina and cardio fitness, while busting out all that SOH mayhem.

GreekPT
Wanted for Chococide
Wanted for Chococide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 am

This is getting even more exciting! Go for it Chris I'm sure you can get 'er done in the time specified!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Workout #3

Post by ccheatum on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am

A little bit more...

Wrist Prehab/warmup
Stretches - palm up plam down forward/back and inside/out
Contractions - Forearm up/down wrist in extension/flexion squeeze a fist 5x
Wrist Pushups x5

5 SOH
10 Dips
10 Squats
10 Pushups
10 Burpees
5 Pullups
1 min plank between sets
25:09

3x30 sec wall handstand

Wrist Prehab/cooldown
Stretches - palm up plam down forward/back and inside/out
Contractions - Forearm up/down wrist in extension/flexion squeeze a fist 10x
Wrist Pushups x10

OK Phil, you are right. The big reason for the shorter workouts for most of the past year has been that my teaching schedule has forced me out the door early every day. My schedule has changed, and I have more time now. SInce I am gaining more strength and stamina, I need to step up the length and quality of the workouts to see continued development. So, I did 5 SOH today. I still wanted to work on some core work, and I knew that I was not up for pushing this for time today, so I added in the planks during the rest interval. I had some additional rest in between sets, but not much. All of this pressing has me wasted, but I also n=know that pushing will help build the strength I need for handstands, so it is good work towards my goal. I'll keep coming back to this, and maybe the next cycle will include a time for some SOH!

Dave, thanks for the extra push to do something more. I needed that, and I think that this cycle is going to be really great! This is the first time in a couple of months that I have been really excited about thinking about new workout routines!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 am

At least you're halfway to finishing the SOH.
Only one guy trained and my wife has finished them out of the people I trained. Of course, I don't make them stay on one workout either.
When I got through them, it was just pure determination of an old guy staying on it until I could do it.
Good job upping your ante!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am

Sounds good CC...get to work!
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:53 pm

That's what I'm talking about CC! Bust it up!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:250 workouts is a numerical goal. ;) .
I pick things up and I put them down. :oops:
Nice work on the SOH CC
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Workout #4

Post by ccheatum on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:11 am

I got legs!

Warmup 25 BW squats

Each exercise done L/R before the next exercise
3 Pistols w/ 10 lbs counterweight
3 Advanced shrimp squat negatives
2 Intermediate shrimp squats
5 Beginner shrimp squats
10 Split squats
10 One-leg hip thrusts
2x

30 sec Hollow Position
30 sec Gymnast Bridge
2x

Leg stretches

I had to hurry this morning since I have to leave the house early today. Nevertheless, I was disciplined and got right to this workout, and it was hard! My legs are going to be sore for sure!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 am

That's a great leg workout! :up:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:56 am

I agree! I hope you don't have a lot of stairs today!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:50 pm

You got legs, for sure! Or at least you did until you finished that workout. ;)
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Workout #5

Post by ccheatum on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 am

Pushing, pulling, and pressing... Oh my!

Wrist/forearm prehab/stretching

10 Pushups
10 Front Pulls (30 lbs)
10 One-arm overhead press (30 lbs)
10 Overhead Pulls (20 lbs)
10 Pike pushups
5x

This was a good solid upper body workout! My arms, shoulders, and upper back are spent now, and I feel like I got a solid workout. I had planned to do some static hold work as well. Unfortunately, I planned to do it at the end of the workout. That was a big mistake. By the time I got to the end of this one, I am way too fatigued to be able to do any holds safely. So, I will take that as a lesson and remember that skill work must go at the beginning. Oh well, lesson learned!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #6

Post by ccheatum on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 am

Core and flexibility

Core work
Hollow position
Arch position
plank
side plank
bridge
opposite arm and leg lifts

Flexibility
Down/Up dog positions
Standing toe touch legs together and separate
Wall Kneeling Quad Stretch (L/R)
Flor Kneeling stretch for hip flexors
Calves

I cmpleted this entire circuit twice over about a 3 minute period. It took a while because I spent a lot of time with each hold and with each stretch. I did not rest in between any of the positions, so it was still a fairly intense workout. I had a lot of DOMS yesterday and still this morning, particularly in the lower body, but this workout took care of most of that soreness. It was good to do some active breathing and focus on flexibility and core stability, which I have not done a lot of lately.
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #7

Post by ccheatum on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 am

Legs

Warmup 25 BW squats

3 Pistols w/ 10 lbs counterweight
2 Intermediate shrimp squats
5 Beginner shrimp squats
10 Split squats
10 One-leg hip thrusts
2x

Leg stretches

I did this workout Monday too. I was so sore the last two days that I decided I should not add any additional volume until I can do this workout and not ache the next day! So, here it is again... still a killer!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Way to push those legs, Chris!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by ccheatum on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Thanks Mike! They don't feel too bad yet, but I'll have to see what tomorrow brings!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #8

Post by ccheatum on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:57 am

Wrist prehab/stretches

10 sec Frog stands
6x

10 Pushups
10 Front Pulls (30 lbs)
10 Overhead Pulls (20 lbs)
10 Pike pushups
5x

Intense upper body work. Oddly I snapped one of my light resistance bands this morning. I think it may be related to how I was holding the handle causing stress on the band right where it attaches to the handle. So, I have to hold the handle differently. Nevertheless, this workout was really good. My arms and shoulders are super pumped and really tired now. Pike Pushups suck! Or, more likely, I am just really weak at overhead pressing. More work in that direction to come!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 am

CC - they suck because they work for you so do some more.
good job man!!!
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Workout #9

Post by ccheatum on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 am

Upside Down

Wrist prehab/stretching

20 min of handstand work
2x30 sec Handstand hold against wall
2x30 sec Hollow position hold
countless attempts to kick up and hold a handstand

I had several of the kickups that resulted in a handstand for several seconds. I am still a ways away from being able to consistently kick up to the handstand position and balance it. The good news is that my arm and shoulder strength is enough to be able to do this. I need to continue to do strength work, but it is more important to be sure that I do some straight up hand balancing practice at least once and preferably twice every week. Tat will get me on a path towards my short term goal.
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 am

I saw the video Josh posted on the hollow body. I will be incorporating it in my workouts.
Good news on the shoulder strength!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by amit_shah25 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:34 pm

I like Fridays upper body work !
amit_shah25
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Workout #10

Post by ccheatum on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 am

Killer legs

3 Pistols doorway assisted
3 Intermediate shrimp squats
5 Beginner shrimp squats
5 Split squats
5 One-leg hip thrusts
1 min rest
4x

What a brutal workout! Took about 25 mins to do this one. My legs are now jello! I can tell that I need to develop more ankle flexibility to do advanced shrimp squats. I will have to think about how best to address that need though as I do not know of any simple stretches that will hit the ROM I need for that. Aside from that, all of these thing are feeling good! I can tell that I am making good progress with these workouts!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 am

Here ya go- found this at mobiltyWOD by searching heel mobility

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by ccheatum on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 am

Mike, That is some very good stuff. I have a terrible time holding that low squat position, so I guess I should do a lot more of that! Dorsiflexion is a terrible problem for me. so I will have to work on the things that he describes to improve my ROM! Thanks for finding that!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #11

Post by ccheatum on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 am

Killer Arms

Wrist stretching/prehab

10 Pushups
10 Front Pulls (30 lbs)
10 Overhead Pulls (30 lbs)
10 Pike pushups
5x

This workout is killer! My arms are totally dead. I liked this routine last week, and I love it this week. The pike pushups are really tough at the end. I increased the resistance on the overhead pulls, and that added a little something to this one. I have to keep doing something like this every week because it is doing wonders for my whole upper body!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm

I've found some good stuff on mobilityWOD for my knee. He doesn't seem like your average bear when it comes to re/prehab!
That bottom squat hold is hard for me. too. It is helping, though I should do it more!

Killer Arms is Right!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:51 pm

CC, good consistency! You're on pace. STAY on pace!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Workout #12

Post by ccheatum on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 am

Killer legs

3 min bottom of squat hold stretching achilles tendons

3 Pistols doorway assisted
3 Intermediate shrimp squats
5 Beginner shrimp squats
5 Split squats
5 One-leg hip thrusts
1 min rest in squat position
4x

First, I want to thank Mike and Dave for their support. This workout marks the end of a long 2 week period of working away from home. During this time I have had an extra busy work schedule and little time away from work to even keep up with anyone else's logs. Add to that the fact that I have been away from my family, and it has been a little isolating. I am grateful to the people who have kept up with me and kept pushing me. It means a lot!

With that said, my legs are jello!!! I went though this workout a little faster today because I got up a little late. This one was tough! I am totally spent. Nevertheless, I feel like I am making real progress towards the advanced shrimp squat, and I could really tell that the low squat hold, which really stretched that achilles, was helping my form on the shrimp squats. I clearly have to keep working the dorsiflexion in my ankle!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #13

Post by ccheatum on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:01 am

Handbalancing fun

5 min Wrist stretching and prehab
25 min handstand work
10 min Wrist stretching and strengthening

Wow, that was fun! I probably had 10-12 holds of between 5 and 10 seconds! Even more exciting is that I had several minutes in the middle where nearly every kickup went right into a handstand. It is clear that the practice is building muscle memory and patterns that carry over to the next time I practice. I have to keep focused on this gol because I can see that I will make it if I keep working at it! Seeing such tangible progress makes this a lot more fun!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:38 am

Could it be yesterday's fun prompted all this hand/arm work? :roflol2:
itlives

Back to top Go down

Workout #14

Post by ccheatum on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 am

Yoga and stretching

20 min yoga
Wrist prehab/stretching

My legs and back were really achy yesterday, and I was unusually tired. I was afraid I was coming down with something. I rested, drank lots of water, some turmeric tea, and went to bed early. I awoke this morning not feeling any worse, so I am cautiously optimistic. Nevertheless, I thought it would be best to do some stretching and energizing yoga work rather than wear myself out. I also hope that doing some flexibility and relaxing stretches will ease any muscle fatigue, so that I will know for sure that my muscles should be nice and relaxed. If I continue to feel muscle aches, then I am afraid that is not a good sign. We'll see how things go, but I am really hoping I can avoid coming down with a virus of some kind!
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:07 am

Is a virus going around up there? You know the drills. Mostly clean hands and don't touch your face !

We are in the "flu season" right now but I think I'm ok this year 8)
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by ccheatum on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am

itlives wrote:Is a virus going around up there? You know the drills. Mostly clean hands and don't touch your face !

We are in the "flu season" right now but I think I'm ok this year 8)

Influenza has been going around here. A lot of people have it. That was my main concern. Fortunately, I feel much better today.
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Workout #15

Post by ccheatum on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:08 am

All 5s

5 Elevated Pike Pushups
5 KROs
15 sec Tuck front lever holds
5 Pike Press to Headstand
5 Pullups

Tough workout! I am almost ashamed at how difficult those pullups were. I clearly have to do more pullups as I make my way along. This one was fun and help make some good progress on the balance, core control and should strength I need to manage the handstand.
ccheatum

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 am

Was that X1 time or X5 ?
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content