PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Headaches help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Headaches help

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 pm

I've noticed some mentioning of headaches after training and I wish to offer this advise I have found helpful:
On the back of the head where it joins the neck are 2 places where excess energy can be drained away. These places are known in acupuncture/acupressure terminology as
Gall Bladder 20 and Bladder 10.
One is used to drain tension from the frontal head areas and the other the side head areas. There's plenty of sites and books available on this subject you can find on this.
I recomend using a moderate pressure and it can be tender in these areas. but use common sense and don't go at it hard it's not a lift. I personally have found these 2 points work very well to relieve headaches. I hope this 411 helps. :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Headaches help

Post by Dave on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 pm

There are some good pressure points in the wrists as well that can be used for headaches, including "ice cream headaches". These are my fall back if I ever have need of such relief, and they're quite effective for me.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeah pressure points work.

Any headache I get is generally H2O related, or the lack of.
I used to get regular headaches after training, but the last 6 months, Ive made a point of drinking atleast 3 litres of water a day. Seems to work :)
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Instant_Karotte on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm

In my experience the pressure points in your palm, right at the ball of the thumb, work best. Moderate to strong pressure apllied for approximately 10 seconds cause a great relief. In 9 out of 10 times this works, so I wanted to share this with you.
@Dave: If this was what you meant, sorry for reposting.

Instant_Karotte
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Not at all Karrote. Actually the spot I was referring to is on the underside of your forearm between your radius and ulna just before your palm. Slightly biased towards the radius for me.

So your pressure point is a new one to me. Thanks for teaching me something new. 8)
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

The one in the webbing between your thumb and forefinger works for some people too.
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Rastaman wrote:Yeah pressure points work.

Any headache I get is generally H2O related, or the lack of.
I used to get regular headaches after training, but the last 6 months, Ive made a point of drinking atleast 3 litres of water a day. Seems to work :)

Can't quite agree here. I get them lately from cycling, when my forehead gets cold. Including nausea. When cycling with moderate speed, mind you. Terrible. I have to wear a buff (that scarf thing) at mild temperatures as well. Only when it's blazing hot I can skip it - sometimes.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by MF! on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Just my 2 coppers here:

I've found that a good majority of headaches I experience are tension headaches, caused by a pull in the posterior head/neck muscles. Usually after sitting down hunched over my desk for a long period of time. I've found that using a hot pack over my neck that goes up to the base of the skull helps relax those muscles, followed by self massage at the base of the skull at the acupuncture points described by the OP.

I've also been pretty successful using it as treatment for some of the patients I work with.

Last edited by MF! on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
MF!
Adept
Adept

http://traceurversusbboy.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 pm

In my case it's the chill. Forget a cap and I feel the headache creeping up while cycling.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top