PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Training with purpose

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Training with purpose

Post by Journeyman on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:While we're on the subject of hips, have you ever done trunk twists with a firmly braced core? I like the feeling I get in my hips and trunk when I do this during my seated glute stretch (the one where you cross one leg with your knee pointing up over the other which is straight out in front and then place the opposite arm behind the raised knee and twist). Perhaps it's a drill that might benefit you as well?

I do that all the time, to crack my back if nothing else. My favorite glute stretch is the same kinda deal, but instead of twisting, you just hug the inside of your knee to your chest and lean back as far as you can.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Lean back eh? I'll have to give that a try.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Yep, just lean back from here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can have your 'nonstretching' knee up, too, it doesn't really make a difference.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 pm

1/29
Far from optimal still, had a good dinner but didn't get quite enough to eat for lunch, and only slept about 5 hours (fitfully) last night. I have confidence in the effectiveness of the current density routine if I can get the other stuff in order. Anyway, I just didn't feel like benching today so I ended that mini-cycle and moved on to OHPs.

Strict OHP up to 135x1 fairly easy though very ungrooved, 145x fail (epic fail right off the shoulders, as usual).
Then 95x50/17. 8x5, 1x4, 2x3 in 16 minutes 50some seconds. Shoulders were very pumped and I felt completely trashed, ran out of energy at the 8 minute mark actually.
Close grip (inside shoulders) pullups b/w x3, +45x3, +80x2.5 (got to forehead height).

That's it for today. I'll try to hit 105 for 50 reps in about 15-17 minutes next time then go for 115.
Depending on how troublesome it is to keep up and how good my gains actually are, I might stop the density pressing when I stop the density pulls from the floor; in four weeks when my specific training begins. We'll see.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

1/30 no training today, RBRDL tomorrow gonna try and smash my PR of 205x57/20.
No DOMS or real soreness but a nice stiff feeling throughout my shoulders.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:50 am

I gotta say that RBRDL sure is a faithful staple for you. I was going to try it your way this week, until I decided to relax in fearful anticipation of Smolov (or variant, I still have to go look for your thread), which starts as soon as my new plates arrive.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

Ah, right I still gotta post those squat things up. Soon!

The RBRDL for 10-20 reps has the most carryover of any exercise I've tried, to specific low back and grip strength for the conventional DL. I need more upper back strength though, and unilateral work... I'll be obsessing over shrugs for a while and I might do a density cycle of rack pulls, then in my specific TSC prep I'm going to include some heavy strict rows, I think.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 pm

1/31

RBRDL 205x50/13 (1x10, 6x5, 1x10 in 12 minutes 42 seconds)

Weighted pullups +67.5x5, +57.5x5, +47.5x3 paused

Ledge hang 1x50 seconds

One legged leg curl two sets each side

Standing cable crunch 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 30, 40, 50 all x10

Bicep circuit x3 rounds
reverse curl on ezbar 60x7
db hammer curls 30s x10
straight bar curl 65x8

Rotator cuff exercise 2.5lb x15x2 sets

--Pretty solid day. Smashed my old PR of 205 for 57 reps in 20 minutes on the RBRDL, that could've happened in under 14 minutes today.
Left rear delt (or maybe rotator, felt like it was inside) hurt on the weighted pullups. I'll try to cut back on the frequency--I've really been doing them too often just for kicks--and do more supplementary RC and rear delt work. If that doesn't help, I'll switch over to bodyweight-only for high reps a bit earlier than planned.
Bicep circuit was a killer again, added a round as well as 5lb on the reverse curl. Arms were pumped to a painful degree and by the third round of straight bar curls I was just doing a cheat curl with a not-very controlled negative. Next time I will try to do 10 reps on all the sets of the straight bar curl, when I can do that without cheating too much I'll move up to 35s on the hammer curls; then maybe add weight to the reverse curl after that....
Going for 225x50/15 on the RBRDL next time.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh T. on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:35 pm

How do you like the arm work? It's killer for sure, but it added some pretty good size in a short time for me.
Josh T.
Young Gun
Young Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am

Well, I just had my second session and I'm enjoying it a lot. Haven't really done direct arm work, especially not of the 'pumping' sort; and man it hurts. I realized I was doing the perpetually bent-armed gym rat walk in between sets, I couldn't straighten my arms without trying... and after the first day my brachioradialis (brachioradialii?) were so sore I thought I might've somehow gotten tendonitis. Which is funny because I thought that after years of high volume pullups, heavy weighted pullups, heavy rows, and one arm chins they were bombproof but apparently not... 6-8 minutes of focused, direct arm work even with light weights and my forearm flexors get beat to h#ll, haha.

Anyway, short answer, I like it and I'll keep doing it. I think it probably will add size, we'll soon see as to how much in how long. I'm hoping that between these and PJR pullovers after my density pressing, my arms might actually grow a bit just from the shock of never really doing much isolation type stuff before.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Recommended

Post by 98poundweakling on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Journeyman wrote:
Dave.cyco wrote:While we're on the subject of hips, have you ever done trunk twists with a firmly braced core? I like the feeling I get in my hips and trunk when I do this during my seated glute stretch (the one where you cross one leg with your knee pointing up over the other which is straight out in front and then place the opposite arm behind the raised knee and twist). Perhaps it's a drill that might benefit you as well?

I do that all the time, to crack my back if nothing else. My favorite glute stretch is the same kinda deal, but instead of twisting, you just hug the inside of your knee to your chest and lean back as far as you can.
Hi, guys! Check out the Twist Holds progression in Convict Conditioning 2. Similar benefits to what you have mentioned and similar pleasurable pain! :twisted: I'm on the Half Twist right now. I have no idea how I will be able to move to the next step. No back-cracking needed after this exercise!
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:55 pm

You're talking about what he does at 1:40, right? I've tried it, it felt interesting for sure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Hm, that looks pretty cool. I'll have to look up the progressions, I tried it just now and couldn't do it :oops: haha
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 pm

I fell over the first couple times I tried it myself! I got it after a few more tries though. Haven't done it since summer though...
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That's it!

Post by 98poundweakling on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:You're talking about what he does at 1:40, right? I've tried it, it felt interesting for sure.
Yes, that's the one. Paul Wade's explanations of the steps to get there are important for understanding what is supposed to happen and how. Best to work up to the final step which this bloke shows on the video. The main point is to not pull yourself into the position with your hands and arms, but twist the abdomen into the position. For me, it took considerable work to get the flexibility and strength needed to get there and then hold it for 20s.
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 pm

98poundweakling wrote:The main point is to not pull yourself into the position with your hands and arms, but twist the abdomen into the position.

Now that is interesting. I did it by pulling into position with my hands and arms... There is definite merit to what you say.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Yeah good point 98. I may try after pressing tonight.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:17 pm

2/3
Bad session. Had enough sleep the past few nights but it wasn't good quality, between that and not enough food today I wasn't running at 100%. Also, I'm pretty sure now that strict bb ohp just doesn't work for 50/20, at least for me, for any decent period of time....

Strict press 105x35/16ish

PJR pullovers 30, 35, 40, 45 all x10

Dips b/w x20

--Gonna use alternate db presses for the other two overhead sessions then end this mini-cycle and move on to inclines.
RBRDL tomorrow, going for 225x50/15.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:21 pm

Sometimes you remind us you're only human... Tomorrow's gonna be epic!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:43 pm

Certainly not 'inhuman' on overhead presses... despite my constant obsession they are something of a weak point given that I've been pretty much stalled for about a year now. We'll see if my current plan of pushing my base of pressing strength up then switching back to a ton of near-max specific work pays off, hopefully it will.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Back to the pose- I really like that one. One thing a lot of people do is lead with the head. The head and neck should be relaxed and follow the body.
Also, that guy was a little hunched over. You should try to corkscrew up with a straight back. Or, if you get the pose, try to lengthen the back.
I can get it, but my back only "lets go" after I do as I suggested.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program.... ;)
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 am

2/4/12

20 minute session.
RBRDL 225x40/16: 8 sets of 5 in 15.20something. Solid.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 am

2/7/12

RBRDL 245x40/20 (8 sets of 5 in just under 20 minutes)

Leg curl 3x10 each leg, 1x20 both legs (right leg seems to be catching up, this is good)

Weighted pullups +70x3, +60x3, +50x5 (chins) all pulled to the throat

One arm db row up to 100x5/5

Standing abs 30, 40, 50, 60 all x10, 70x5 felt weak here

--I think I'm done with RBRDL. 245 felt very good but a tad heavy for such high rep density work. I'll be switching over to inclines and rack pulls for the last mini-cycle before my specific contest prep begins.

Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Been sick all week.
Turned 20 yesterday.
Didn't sleep last night.
Back in the gym today for a quickie:

2/15
Strict OHP 95x3, 115x1, 125x1, 135x1 (easy!) 145x fail (right at forehead level this time, but came off the shoulders fast so that's good)

Incline bar x10, 95x5, 115x10 easy pr +20lb or +7 reps by default... this felt very natural and grooved for some reason.

15 throat-to-bar pullups

Deadlift 225x10, no warmups... wasn't hard, but felt kinda heavy. Oh well.

--Back to the grind. 10 weeks to the TSC so specific training is beginning. My strict overhead is about to take a big jump, FINALLY, I can feel it coming on :twisted:
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh T. on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Well happy belated birthday man!

On the incline stuff...it's weird, but whenever I take a week off from handstand pressing, and then come back, they always feel incredibly easy, fast and 'grooved' kinda like you mentioned. I'm not sure why that is, but it's awesome nevertheless.

Pretty excited to see your setup for the TSC man. Will definitely be watching!
Josh T.
Young Gun
Young Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Happy Birthday Jman!!! :party:

I'll be watching as well. :hatsoff:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Happy Birthday Jman!
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by amit_shah25 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Journeyman wrote:Turned 20 yesterday.

No more a teenager :razz: Happy B'day !
amit_shah25
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am

Happy birthday J-man!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by 98poundweakling on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:01 am

Happy Birthday! Many blessed years - and not too many of the other kind!
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 am

Well old man, it's all down hill from here. :beardy: Seriously though, happy bbday and all the best. :up:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:24 am

Happy Birthday!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:55 am

Happy Birthday J'man. I hope it was a good one.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks fellows. Getting back to it now... been super busy, and it's taking its toll. Hard to get enough sleep to recover or even find time to get to the gym some days... I wish the gym here was open after 10pm.

2/19
Strict OHP 115x3x4 sets

Deadlift DO speed pulls up to 275x1, then 315x3 with awful form (very much like my RBRDL, which usually happens when I use them a lot--I'll dial my form back in soon though).
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 am

Glad to see you lifting heavy again. Looking forward to some fireworks!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 am

Thanks Dave, me too!

2/20
strict press worked up to 125x2x3 sets

rotator cuff exercise on preacher bench 2.5lb x20/20

Super strict angled bar chins x15

LOTS of human overhead lifts.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:46 pm

2/22
Strict OHP up to 140x1, 150x isometric, 115x1 from clavicles
incline up to 125x7 pr
Deep dips b/w x15 starting off easy, these usually bother my shoulders and/or sternum

Rack pull 315x12 match pr but grip failed
RBRDL up to 265x7 pr, possibly had 10 in me but again, grip slipped

Ezbar rev. curls 65x8
hammer curls 30s x10/10
straight bar curl 65x10
all x2 rounds, 2 minutes rest.

--Grip was a weak point today probably due to overall tiredness/lack of sleep. Grip and shoulders are usually the first to drop down in terms of strength on a day to day basis.

Stretching and foam rolling in the PM. Did some bridges for the first time in a long while, actually felt good too.

Last edited by Journeyman on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

HOL's

Post by 98poundweakling on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Journeyman wrote:...LOTS of human overhead lifts.
Hello, Jman! How are you doing your human overhead lifts? Are you lifting a person? What weight?
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Journeyman wrote:
Did some bridges for the first time in a long while, actually felt good too.

They are one of my favourites lately ! :up:
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Human overhead lifts... can't you wait in line like everyone else? Just because you can pick everyone up and throw them out of your way doesn't make it right Mr. J.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:07 pm

98poundweakling wrote:
Journeyman wrote:...LOTS of human overhead lifts.
Hello, Jman! How are you doing your human overhead lifts? Are you lifting a person? What weight?
Couple different ways. In one dance that I'm choreographing now for a big show we've got, the guy is gonna pick up a girl behind his neck--first he spins her so she's holding her own arms crossed at her chest, then slides her onto his back like a steinborn squat. Then, holding one of her arms and one leg right above the knee, push press her overhead and then drop her from there so he catches her in his arms. Because I'm a bit stronger than the others and the girl I'm doing it with is only ~56kg I'm planning on doing a strict press, and once I catch her I'll grab her other arm and leg then roll her down to arm's length--she flips over and lands right above the ground with me holding her (now straight) arm and leg. It's a bit hard to explain but I'll try and find a video.

Most of the easiest human overhead lift variants we do involves some sort of behind-neck push press because that's the easiest way to get a weight overhead. If the girl is good at holding her position (in the above example it's a side plank, there are many variants of course) then you can generally get her overhead as long as she's less than or equal to your best strict military press.
Another one I'm working on with my girlfriend is a sort of squat-to-press from the front. This one is a lot harder, she's in something like this position:

And I hold her with my left hand under her rib cage, my right hand on the thigh of her leg that's extended back. It's difficult for a few reasons... the hold is like a reverse grip military press and the grip is uncomfortably wide. Also, it's hard for her to hold perfect tension with her leg and torso simultaneously so I'm not lifting a completely 'solid object'... also, stabilization at the top is a b!tch because her center of gravity is about 8 feet off the ground.
Anyway, the objective with that one is that once I've got her overhead, I give another push so that she pops up a bit higher then curls up, I catch her in my arms (similar to the last one but harder for both of us because she needs to bring her legs that are extended down/back all the way to her chest). Then, she hooks one leg behind my head and we both use this momentum to flip her over again so that she changes directions and lands in my arms facing the other way.

I like the overhead ones of course but we've done others that are basically assisted aerial (no hands carwheel) or backflip. Last year I did one where I held my arms out at the girl kinda dove forwards in between, on her way past I catch her and turn her over (heels over head) and she slides down to land in a split.
Here's a classic one I'd like to be able to do:

That guy is in the cirque du solei, I've posted one of his 'aerial straps' videos before--he does lifts from those positions too:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

The Joy of Movement

Post by 98poundweakling on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Thanks, Jman, for the very generous and enlightening post. Fascinating getting to know more about you.
Journeyman wrote: ...In one dance that I'm choreographing...
So, you're both dancer and choreographer! That brings back memories of my days (as a pianist) with the ballet in Germany.
Journeyman wrote:Most of the easiest human overhead lift variants we do involves some sort of behind-neck push press because that's the easiest way to get a weight overhead. If the girl is good at holding her position
I appreciate your analysis of the lifts and also your partner's role. I often heard complaints from the guys about the girls who could not get off the ground, hold their position, and would be a killer for the guy's back...
Journeyman wrote:...it's a side plank, there are many variants of course) then you can generally get her overhead as long as she's less than or equal to your best strict military press. Another one is a sort of squat-to-press from the front. ... It's difficult for a few reasons... the hold is like a reverse grip military press and the grip is uncomfortably wide... also, stabilization at the top is a b!tch because her center of gravity is about 8 feet off the ground... we've done others that are basically assisted aerial (no hands carwheel) or backflip.
That's what I really like about exercise/movement. The effort should be fun, beautiful and inspiring. It should breathe, flow and soar. Sets and reps are part of training, but in the end, I want to play. The two Russians in the video move beautifully. Lots of strength there from both of them. Very inspiring. Your dancers are blessed to have you throwing them around!
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 pm

2/24
Speed-ish press 95x5
Alt. db press 50s x5L/6R
Deep dips b/w x20

Low block pull up to 375x1 pr of some sort
Bent rows up to 205x5+2 pr +2 reps or pr +20lb, either way, form on last 2 wasn't perfect. First 4 were, though.

That's all for today. Thanks for the kind words 98. Just as an aside, I do not do ballet or modern, I did ballroom briefly (year and a half and not too seriously) and now more latin stuff. I did play music for ~12 years but haven't combined music and dance just yet... maybe someday.

Last edited by Journeyman on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Hmmm... piano if I recall correctly... ?

Journeyman wrote:Low block pull up to 375x1 pr of some sort

Cool!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Violin.

2/26
Strict press 120x3, 3, 3, last rep dead start from shoulders. All super easy.

Throat pullups x12, 10, 6, also easy. Closeish grip, babying my left shoulder here.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 am

:facepalm: I'm sorry, I just don't have Jman like memory banks anymore!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:59 pm

2/27
Strict OHP 125x2, 2, 2 second rep paused on shoulders every set

Below knee rack pull up to 365x1, 1 with slow negatives

Strict barbell row 185x7 meh

Dumbbell shrugs 80s, 75, 70s all x15,
alternated with
rotator cuff on preacher bench 2.5lb x15/15, 15/15

Some free squats and calf raises
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 pm

2/28
Real quick one today. Hit a working max on MP and got out.

Strict press up to 145x1 match all time PR, 155x isometric
Reverse grip press 115x1
BTN press bar x20

--Definitely felt yesterday's session in my upperback, traps and front delts. Still hit my old PR, though, even if it was slow. Not exactly a grinder but it didn't fly up. That's fine, but I would've liked to feel like I had 5 more lb in me.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:11 am

Would you play a little something for us; 12 years at it and you're pretty good by now, knowing you. ;)

And congrats on matching your PR. :)
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm

3/1 More easy stuff even after a mostly sleepless night (and my 5th straight day lifting heavy or at least heavy-ish)

Deadlift 275x10
Incline 135x4
Pullups x15

--Called out for making noise again today. I wasn't even really dropping the bar, definitely not 'slamming' it. Oh well. We have another small gym in the basement of the athletic center that has a lifting platform, hex bar, york dumbbells up to 85s, power rack (with only one set of pins, unfortunately) and a crummy squat rack. I think it really is time to start training there.
Also, no one said anything about dropping weights/making noise my first two years here but there's been like 3 or 4 people complaining since this past September. Planet Fitness must be winning :affraid: :grrr!:
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top