PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

TMK 2012 - Respect the Process

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TMK 2012 - Respect the Process

Post by Brahma Bill on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:57 pm

itlives wrote:
TheMasterKey wrote:

I was also doing the 50 reps (25 ea) in 10min, then adding water. Then when I looked back at the program, I saw it advises moving to 20 min sets once the keg is 1/3 - 1/2 full.

As the keg gets heavier, that extra 10 min is gonna help. :lol:

I'm glad you looked back at that. I will start up going for twenty minutes. So does that mean go to 100 lifts in twenty minutes before adding water?
Mike, here's the original program [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] unless i'm reading it wrong it's still just 50 times in the 20 miutes with the heavier weight.
What does a keg weigh at 1/3 t0 1/2 full? I'm using a sandbag so I don't have a point of reference. I'm still at 27 reps in 10 minutes with a 110# bag. And I'll swear that sucker was heavier the last couple of times. Anything that hard has got to be doing some good :zerk:
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Bill- my keg weighs 30 lb. empty. It is now 80 lb. (about half way there).
I thought it funny he says "Do you have a burning desire to knock out Brahma Bulls ...." :D

So, my keg is only halfway to the full weight. That doesn't make me feel any better :no:

I can tell you (Bill) that shouldering the keg will beat you up. It's not at all soft in any way! My shoulders always look like I've "kegging"!
It is fun though. Kind of like fighting used to be fun :boxer:
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 pm

rikrock wrote:TMK Good to see you here too all the quality regulars have found this place. Your workouts still look good too glad you're still after it!

Thanks rikrock!

itlives wrote:
TheMasterKey wrote:

I was also doing the 50 reps (25 ea) in 10min, then adding water. Then when I looked back at the program, I saw it advises moving to 20 min sets once the keg is 1/3 - 1/2 full.

I'm glad you looked back at that. I will start up going for twenty minutes. So does that mean go to 100 lifts in twenty minutes before adding water?

Brahma Bill wrote:
itlives wrote:
TheMasterKey wrote:

Mike, here's the original program [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] unless i'm reading it wrong it's still just 50 times in the 20 miutes with the heavier weight.
What does a keg weigh at 1/3 t0 1/2 full? I'm using a sandbag so I don't have a point of reference. I'm still at 27 reps in 10 minutes with a 110# bag. And I'll swear that sucker was heavier the last couple of times. Anything that hard has got to be doing some good :zerk:

Yep, like Bill said, it's 50 reps in 20 min. Or 25 reps each side in 20 min, however you mentally count it.

itlives wrote:Bill- my keg weighs 30 lb. empty. It is now 80 lb. (about half way there).
I thought it funny he says "Do you have a burning desire to knock out Brahma Bulls ...." :D

So, my keg is only halfway to the full weight. That doesn't make me feel any better :no:

I can tell you (Bill) that shouldering the keg will beat you up. It's not at all soft in any way! My shoulders always look like I've "kegging"!
It is fun though. Kind of like fighting used to be fun :boxer:

I've found the more shouldering I do, the better my technique gets, the less beating I take.
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:18 pm

12-30-12

Night
warmups

-5 min exercise bike

-Snatch w/75lb dumbbell
15 reps ea done. -- +6 reps improvement
Broken down as: 5, 5, 5.

-Rows w/45lb dumbell
30 reps each arm.
I really don't care for rows, but I know I should be doing them.
Got a crazy pump from this.

-Neck harness w/20lbs
210 reps done.
3 sets of 70.

-5 min exercise bike

Total numbers on bike:
Distance = 2.75 miles
Calories burnt = 101 calories

--workout #3 done for the week.

TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:01 am

It was a very good year, possibly the best of my life.

On the fitness front, I wanted to do 4 workouts a week and eat very clean.
The eating went very well, but the workouts could have been more consistent.

I successfully completed 33 weeks of working out 4 times per week, doing what I considered quality workouts. Had too many weeks of 2 or 3 workouts only, but I did have weeks in the summer where I was doing 4+.

Notable achievements of 2012:
-20 pullups
-HSPU on cinderblocks
-Best shape I've ever been in aesthetically

It was a good year. But now, it's time for a new log...
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 am

A very good year.

Here's to 2013 being even better!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks Cheese

Cheesedog wrote:Here's to 2013 being even better!

Exactly!
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:14 pm

TheMasterKey wrote:It was a very good year, possibly the best of my life.

On the fitness front, I wanted to do 4 workouts a week and eat very clean.
The eating went very well, but the workouts could have been more consistent.

I successfully completed 33 weeks of working out 4 times per week, doing what I considered quality workouts. Had too many weeks of 2 or 3 workouts only, but I did have weeks in the summer where I was doing 4+.

Notable achievements of 2012:
-20 pullups
-HSPU on cinderblocks
-Best shape I've ever been in aesthetically

It was a good year. But now, it's time for a new log...

That's great on the progress, good job on keeping up with yourself! I look forward to getting stronger and fitter in 2013 alongside yourself! Here's a track for you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

http://www.mountainproject.com/u/dylan-grabowski//110182113?acti

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks Flip!

I'm not a fan of him, but here's a good song with the same sample...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top