PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

First deleted member

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First deleted member

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 am

Billgetsstrong's user account has been deleted. I received an auto-generated admin message in my email letting me know. The weird thing is that it said he deleted his account. He seemed to be in a fine mood and posting positively in his log just this afternoon, then I go to work and come back 12 hours later and POOF! nothing left but a puff of smoke. Anybody know why? :confuzed:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First deleted member

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 am

I was wondering that as well.

How can you delete your own account?

Another thing:

"TMK 2012 - Respect the Process" log is created by a "Guest", which becomes "TheMasterKey" when looking a the first post.

lolwut?
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 am

Iliander wrote:
Another thing:

"TMK 2012 - Respect the Process" log is created by a "Guest", which becomes "TheMasterKey" when looking a the first post.

lolwut?

Weird.

Perhaps 'billgetsstrong' was annoyed by my most recent response to his most recent response on the sig klein thread.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 am

Comments made which seem unreal/questionable, lack of thick skin once people questioned his credibility = I can not handle this anymore, delete!

Jman - you questioned what everyone else was thinking. When on amforum, you gotta be ready for that. Some do not have the thick skin to deal with others questioning their statements.
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:14 am

Didn't follow the named forum lately, but had a strange feeling about this particular member.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 am

Maybe someone other than himself logged in and deleted his account as some form of a prank??

Dave if someone delete my account as a dirty prank, is it possible to restore it later?
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am

SSG wrote:

Dave if someone delete my account as a dirty prank, is it possible to restore it later?

That's an interesting question too. I know that some forums automatically cache members settings and suchlike, but I doubt this is one of them...?
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 pm

I doubt that was the case.
Like I said, I would not doubt if it was him who did it.
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Inca Warrior wrote:Like I said, I would not doubt if it was him who did it.
But how?! :confused:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Iliander wrote:
Inca Warrior wrote:Like I said, I would not doubt if it was him who did it.
But how?! :confused:

I do not know but hold that thought...
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 pm

I believe that when I first signed on to the forum, I saw a option to delete account on my own. Now that I am a mod, i do not see it.
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Inca Warrior wrote:I believe that when I first signed on to the forum, I saw a option to delete account on my own. Now that I am a mod, i do not see it.
same thoughts here, mods cannot quit easily :facepalm: :shocked:
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Inca Warrior wrote:Comments made which seem unreal/questionable, lack of thick skin once people questioned his credibility = I can not handle this anymore, delete!

Jman - you questioned what everyone else was thinking. When on amforum, you gotta be ready for that. Some do not have the thick skin to deal with others questioning their statements.

Are you SURE this is what happened? You realize, of course, that he has since posted as "Guest", right? Because the way he replied to Jman was quite reasonable, he didn't seem to get upset at all. Are you SURE that this is why it happened, and that it was not merely an accident, and if so, how do you know? I wish Bill would just reply to this thread if he sees it...

As for TMK's log, I already know about that. TMK just forgot to log in one day when he posted his log up, but he got squared away pretty quick.

Avo, Inca, I'll look into the Mod ability to quit... wait - you want to quit? :cry:

Oh and lastly, if a member is banned, his stuff remains, but deletion is deletion. Even on BWC the option was there to delete material permanently, though I don't think you could delete a user.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:Avo, Inca, I'll look into the Mod ability to quit... wait - you want to quit? :cry:
No, we're having a good time and I think I can speak for Inka as well.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I figured as much, I was just razzin'. :razz:

But I will look into that when I have time, probably Sunday, or MAYBE tonight when I get home from work.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Okay Inca, ow I see why you might have thought that, specifically this post. Yes people should be willing to answer for their tall tales when nobody's buying. Something is fishy here.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:
Inca Warrior wrote:Comments made which seem unreal/questionable, lack of thick skin once people questioned his credibility = I can not handle this anymore, delete!

Are you SURE this is what happened? You realize, of course, that he has since posted as "Guest", right? Because the way he replied to Jman was quite reasonable, he didn't seem to get upset at all. Are you SURE that this is why it happened, and that it was not merely an accident, and if so, how do you know? I wish Bill would just reply to this thread if he sees it...

As for TMK's log, I already know about that. TMK just forgot to log in one day when he posted his log up, but he got squared away pretty quick.

Avo, Inca, I'll look into the Mod ability to quit... wait - you want to quit? :cry:

Oh and lastly, if a member is banned, his stuff remains, but deletion is deletion. Even on BWC the option was there to delete material permanently, though I don't think you could delete a user.

Dave,
I am assuming. I have no proof that this is what went down. I read some questions about his comments and figured that is the case. but I could be wrong.
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Avocadoshake wrote:
Dave.cyco wrote:Avo, Inca, I'll look into the Mod ability to quit... wait - you want to quit? :cry:

x2!
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_x3 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Because each user has a unique id# they won't be deleted permanently. This is to prevent a new user from getting the same id# as an old member that has deleted their account. Otherwise the new user would have their name put on all the old user's posts.

ranger_x3
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Inca Warrior wrote:
Avocadoshake wrote:

x2!
X 3 .
I hate to say it, but I have to join in the BS call. I feel sorry for Bill. I remember his old videos he made back on the other place. I just thought he was coming off a bad injury back then , shoulder, I think.
Here, he has thrown around a lot of little known martial arts names that one would have to take for years and years to master. I kind of thought something was wrong there. The OHP claim is the proof that something is wrong.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm

This seems the most likely, gotta have thick skin, its the way to learn. I get a lot of things wrong, and being corrected is my learning. But some people -> no likey.

He did seem embarrassed :oops:

Last edited by Rixstar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 pm

itlives wrote:
Inca Warrior wrote:
Avocadoshake wrote:

x2!
X 3 .

Me too :hifive:
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 pm

itlives wrote:
Inca Warrior wrote:
Avocadoshake wrote:

x2!
X 3 .
I hate to say it, but I have to join in the BS call. I feel sorry for Bill. I remember his old videos he made back on the other place. I just thought he was coming off a bad injury back then , shoulder, I think.
Here, he has thrown around a lot of little known martial arts names that one would have to take for years and years to master. I kind of thought something was wrong there. The OHP claim is the proof that something is wrong.

I noticed that too, but I'm not an expert in MA lore so I didn't say anything....
He seemed like a decent guy, but trying to exaggerate your numbers ('back in my prime I could do xyz, and so could all the boys I hung out with!') is just disrespectful, to our intelligence if nothing else.
Or maybe he's got some mental thing going where he really does believe his own stories, I've known a few people like that. And there's nothing wrong with it if they keep it under control, but you can't just go throwing numbers around with zero proof and no redeeming info like that.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 am

I think the "video it, or it didn't happen" is the best response to any wild claims made.

Speaking of which, I'll try to get my next video today. If I can slow my wife down for 10 minutes!
It's going to be 3 dynamic stretches you've never seen before -more than likely :mrgreen:
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top