PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

My log of Herculean training feats

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My log of Herculean training feats

Post by MikeO on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:
MikeO wrote:I'll go for a walk.

Fixed it! :up:

I did go.

Dave.cyco wrote:But seriously I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks. Getting tired of it.

On the plus side, the clean&press felt good. Also, goblet squats are probably my best option for squatting. Dan John's right about them being almost 'stupid' proof as far as form goes.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Hahaha. Well you're far from stupid, but yeah you can't really go wrong with them.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Today, I decided to start one of Dan John's versions of 'Easy Strength' (at least, the guy offers variety). This one has the lifter doing 4-6 lifts for ten reps at an 'easy' weight for 40 days (or, something like that).

I chose Elevated straight legged hip thrusts, pushups, goblet squats, single dumbbell rows (full Kroc style), dip shrugs and deadlifts.

I think I'll bring the hip thrusts up to 20 and do the pushups 'til failure. I decided on the dumbbell rows instead of inverted rows as I'm not sure that I'm getting what I need out of the latter. For one thing, my failure in the bridges appears to be a matter of poor scapular retraction as doing a bridge on the top of my head poses absolutely no issues (and even seems a waste of time). The deadlifts I'll do with a warmup set of 5 at 255lbs. and then do singles of 345lbs. I barely got the one single up today (it's been a while).
The good thing is, is that my body no longer has that beat up feeling anymore. So, that goal has been accomplished.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:30 pm

MikeO wrote:
The good thing is, is that my body no longer has that beat up feeling anymore. So, that goal has been accomplished.

Remember that if you start getting that beat up feeling again!
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:45 pm

itlives wrote:
MikeO wrote:

Remember that if you start getting that beat up feeling again!

Yeah, if it can happen once, it can probably happen more easily again. I need to remember my sandbagger roots and get back to the glorious days of seeing how little I can get away with.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Today

20 elevated straight legged hip thrusts
14 pushups (more 'quit' than 'failure')
10 goblet squats
10 each side, dumbbell rows with a 45lb. plate that has handles *
10 dip shrugs

3 minute break

5 muscle cleans and OHP

2 minute break

1 deadlift at 345lbs.

* As I'm more concerned about the movement and the therapeutic benefits of the rows, I opted for a more controllable weight than the 60lb. dumbbell. The rows are taking on more of a Y shape than inv. rows did. I think that'll benefit me more. Also, cleans have had a very positive effect on both my posture and shoulder health, in the past, so I think they'll make a better prep to the deadlifts.

By the time I got to the deadlift, I was spent. I think this latest plan is going be good for me. When I get done, I feel gassed, shaky and a little pukey. No worn out feeling (as if I had been trying to break a coathanger). I'll be vigilant, nonetheless.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Doing great there MikeO!

I could've done that DL if I'd cut it in half and did two lifts :scaredy:
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm

itlives wrote:Doing great there MikeO!

Thanks, Mike (isn't it?).

itlives wrote:I could've done that DL if I'd cut it in half and did two lifts :scaredy:

I focused on nothing but for two years. When I say 'focus', I don't mean rabidly so. It was basically daily minimals and just kept upping the weight as unnoticeably to me as possible (like Milo's drunk uncle). Forced progression, in my view, is a mistake for most people. It fails to account for any psychological ebb and flow.

The past couple of days, I've done about the same thing. I think that's not going to continue. I'd like to get back to my former 'lazy ass' roots. I could easily go back to nothing but deadlifts and beer, but there are a few elements that need addressing.
Some kind of squat needs to be in there. I was losing that mobility and I definitely want to keep that. Goblet squats seem to be the best match.
I need to do something about my hunched over posture. I think I've gotten more out of plate pulls than inverted rows, so I'll go with that.
I'm loving pushups lately, so they're in.
If I can get back to doing hill sprints, at leasts once a week, that would be big.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 am

Great way to finish off a solid training session! Nice pull. :nod: I know you've pulled more in the past, but still, after a session like that and considering you've been more focused on a greater variety of movements, I think you're doing great, as Mike said. :up:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 am

My DL is at 240 now. It's been a little while since I did any serious weight (for me) work, though. I pulled the right groin right on the pubis (connecting tissue) and it's taking a while to heal.
Conditioning doesn't bother it much so that's where I'm at. That and upper body stuff.
And, yes, we're both Mikes :cheers:
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm

itlives wrote:I pulled the right groin right on the pubis (connecting tissue) and it's taking a while to heal.

That sucks. Taking the time to heal it all the way is the right thing to do. Now, if you aspire to my level of idiocy, I did DLs with a groin pull, preventing further injury by keeping my legs as close together as I could, without having them angled inwardly. (I now wash my hands of this.)

Today, I really wasn't in the mood for it (too many Belgian trippels, last night).

10 goblet squats 60lbs.
10 face pulls, each side, 45lb. plate
10 pushups
No break through these. Took about a minute break, afterwards.

Back squats 115lb.x5, minute break, 165lb.x4

Right into OHP, two sets of 3 at 115lb. 30sec. break between. I need to do more of these. My traps have gotten little use in the past month, or two, and it shows most on these.

After a 5min. break, DL 305lb.x4. That felt good.

Thanks for your continuing support and feedback, Dave and Mike. I appreciate it.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyD on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Hey Mike re your shoulder and posture issues, have you looked into any shoulder mobility drills like dislocates and thoracic spine extensions, I have been doing these for a little while and they've helped me.

johnnyD
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:20 pm

I do dislocates now, Johnny, but I've never heard of thoracic spine extensions. Thanks for the suggestion.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Yesterday's workout was odd. I was feeling lazy, so all I did were alternating sets of muscle clean&OHP at 115lbs. and back squats at 165lbs. Five reps each, two sets each, finished off with one set of ten inv. rows. Even so, I'm starting to get a little of that beat up feeling back again. I think, tomorrow, it'll be back to the bodyweight only stuff.

Johnny, I found some thoracic mobility stuff. It seems like increasing the flexibility is more needed than strength. So, thanks again for the suggestion.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 pm

johnnyD wrote:Hey Mike re your shoulder and posture issues, have you looked into any shoulder mobility drills like dislocates and thoracic spine extensions, I have been doing these for a little while and they've helped me.

I'll have to look up thoracic spine extensions. I do a lot of different stuff for my shoulders. Appreciate the head-up!

Edit- I do the thoracic things also. K. Starret of mobiltiyWOD has some good stuff, too.
Mike, if you want I'll put a link to it.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah, Mike, that would be great. Thanks.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Here's one-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a link to MobiltyWOD and another video which is probably even better
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks for the post, Mike. It's already got me thinking about my elbows' (especially the right) tendency to fly out to the side.

Today, it was back to bodyweight stuff.

Two rounds of the following...

15 elevated str. leg hip thrusts
10 pushups
15 squats
10 inv. rows

3 min. break in between

I was going to do three rounds, but I was gassed after two. Yeah, that is so wicked sad. If I recover, I'll do some bridges and dip shrugs. (I wonder if Geritol makes a pale ale.)
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:54 am

MikeO wrote: (I wonder if Geritol makes a pale ale.)

No, but we do...
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:51 pm

itlives wrote:
MikeO wrote: (I wonder if Geritol makes a pale ale.)

No, but we do...

What a fine, young fellow!

Weird workout today. I started off doing some silly Marv Marinovich stuff from this video - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Most of it seems more annoying than anything else (no wonder Polamalu is always injured). The v-ups, the hips twists and scissors do seem like they're pretty useful, though. After I did this stuff, I did some hip thrusts with my feet on my yoga ball (what are those things called?) and shoulders on the floor. This seems a little more useful than the elev. str. leg variety I have been doing.

Having recovered very well from Wednesday's workout, I decided to hit the weights. I started with clean pull singles at 205lbs. (Somehow, I don't think these will stay in the rotation.) Then, I did 3x3 at 115lbs. of muscle cleans and OHP. The way I do these, it would probably be better to call them 'overhead, anyway possibles' (although, they look better on video than they feel doing them). My inability to rack the bar is the serious flaw (forearms are too long and being a singer and voice teacher, there's no way I'm risking the bar that close to my throat). Next, was two sets of three back squats at 165lbs., followed by one set of three DLs at 305lbs.

This all felt good. Felt like lots of work and I didn't push it too far, as I have been guilty of on many a previous occasion. Not going crazy on the squats and using more of an IPF hybrid form rather than pure high bar form I think is going to be key in me not getting worn out again. The IPF hybrid form feels a lot closer to my goblet squat and I think Dan John is absolutely right, at least, for me, about goblet squats being nitwit proof.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:42 am

Ugh, lower back is screwed today, feeling stiff and generally gross. When will I learn?
I don't think I do back squats right. I think I'll stick to goblet squats as they always seem to go well (or, just bodyweight squats).
The clean pulls nailed my traps as I can feel them for sure today. They're somewhat sore, but in a good way.
The 'overhead anyway possible' nature of my C&P tells me I should probably abandon those.
Deadlifts have done me a lot of good. It might be wise to stick to singles at 275lbs., for now, though. That's the 'I feel like I just had a massage' sweet spot for me.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:23 pm

We're always learning our bodies and then we change! Dang! It makes it hard on a couple of old guys!
Keep on learning my friend!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 am

Went back to the doctor again yesterday. I still have the sinus infection, so now I'll be on antibiotics for a month, antifungals for two weeks and more prednisone. Hopefully, this'll finally be the end of it.
Another topic disgusted was my blood pressure. For the second time in two month, one of my meds has been double. This pretty much means the end of weight lifting until I can get it under control. So, back to the bodyweight plan. (note: my doctor is a former powerlifter who once had both a 600lb.+ squat and deadlift, so he's not one of these lunatics who knows nothing about it). At least, the med doubled is a beta-blocker so that I give even less of a poo about the crap that keeps me up at night.

Today's workout consisted of the following...

10 squats
5 inv. rows
5 pushups
loaded carry
I did three rounds of this without a break.

For the next group, I did this...

10 elev. str. leg hip thrusts
5 pushups
10 squats (I did try to substitute walking lunges, but they suck, so I ditched them for squats)
5 inv. rows
Again, three rounds, no break.

After I had a little break, I did a 12sec. bridge and 10 dip shrugs.

The weird thing about this is that it doesn't feel like I'm doing enough, compared to deadlifting, at least, but when I'm done, I'm done for. IT feels more like a systemic gassing than wearing out my body parts.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 am

Both have their place. Systemic gassing has been conspicuously absent from my training of late, so come on springtime! I'll get ye olde jumpe rope going again soone. Do you jumpe?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 am

I have some knee damage that would make jumping rope not the best choice for me. Even if I didn't have the knee damage, I don't like jumping rope. I'd have to hold a gun to my head just to get me to do it. Even then, I'd just end up shooting myself ninety percent of the time.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 am

Don't do it!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:00 am

Thanks, Dave! Your support is particularly touching in this instance.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 am

:laugh1:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 pm

I definitely have to stay up on the toes to keep from aggravating my knee when jumping. (Supposed to do that anyway :toothy: )

I really hope you get all this crud going in you kicked in the butt!
Those meds.... only if you have to...
I don't remember you posting anything about your diet. Is it good?
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:07 pm

itlives wrote:I really hope you get all this crud going in you kicked in the butt!
Those meds.... only if you have to...

I finally found out I have MRSA (ew!). The stuff I'm on now appears to be clearing it up.

itlives wrote:I don't remember you posting anything about your diet. Is it good?

Is it good? Um....no. I am down to 209.5, this morning, but I owe more of that to chronic esophageal issues.

This has been a weird week. I went running on Wednesday. I did four hills at about 100-120yds. I probably won't be adding this in as my knee has filed an official objection.

Today, inspired by the picture below, I've decided it's deadlift day. I'll grease the groove until about 4:30, then, work up to whatever my current max is and then, have a beer or few.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've often found women to be more inspirational to my lifting than men. I guess they make it look possible, in a 'no excuses' kind of way. (They also look better, in general.)
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Wholly cow she looks strong!

MikeO wrote:I went running on Wednesday. I did four hills at about 100-120yds. I probably won't be adding this in as my knee has filed an official objection.

I wouldn't be so eager to drop it just yet Mike. Don't let your knee discomfort dissuade you from the path to great knee health. There is a LOT to be said for the combination of hill sprints and hindu squats, which I recommend you add after your runs, maybe before a brisk cool down walk (brisk so you can really breathe deep, brace your core and stretch your hip flexors with each big stride). Super knees, Mike, build those super knees. :eyebrows:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Unfortunately, it's more than just knee discomfort. I had an MRI a couple of years ago on my left knee, revealing a peripherally torn meniscus, a cyst in my ACL and another cyst under my patellar tendon. Both my doctor and my neighbor (the PT who saved me from the spectre of neck surgery) said no more running (this is from a former powerlifter, and Crossfitter, respectively, so not a couple of wimps). So, running the other day is really just one more instance of me being a fool (how can one chase windmills with bad knees, one wonders).

Bodyweight and goblet squats have been great for my knees and mobility, so they're staying. I've read a lot of good things about Hindu squats, but I loathe them (I'd rather jump rope).

And, yes indeed, she looks strong. The thing I like about her look is that it looks like she got that way by doing tons of deadlifts. I like that look way better than the 'fitness athlete' look.

:beardy:

I just noticed the Oly lift emoticons. That's cute.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:57 pm

MikeO wrote:Bodyweight and goblet squats have been great for my knees and mobility, so they're staying.

That's fair enough.

I've read a lot of good things about Hindu squats, but I loathe them (I'd rather jump rope).

So would I, it's way more fun. I actually don't like doing hindu squats all that much myself, despite constantly promoting them. :toothy: But I do them when I need to because they are so darn powerful.

And, yes indeed, she looks strong. The thing I like about her look is that it looks like she got that way by doing tons of deadlifts. I like that look way better than the 'fitness athlete' look.

I wish I could see how much is on the bar and what lift she is about to do (clean or deadlift). Who is she anyway? Is she single? Can you introduce me? :batlashes: :mrgreen:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:I wish I could see how much is on the bar and what lift she is about to do (clean or deadlift). Who is she anyway?

Her name's Katie Hogan. Apparently, she's a Crossfitter. There are a bunch more cool pics of her, including this one doing the Prowler...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If I get reincarnated as a girl, I want to be just like her.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:32 pm

I've seen some of her Crossfit videos on you tube.
Don't mess with her Dave unless you are a real man (That's one that can actually stand proud after being beat by a woman)!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

itlives wrote:Don't mess with her Dave unless you are a real man (That's one that can actually stand proud after being beat by a woman)!

Haha. No kidding. Look at what she did two and a half years ago, before I ever (really) touched a barbell:

At the moment that is 40 pounds over my best overhead squat (snatch actually).
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:54 pm

It might make an interesting challenge (for us, at least) to get ten of us together and see if we can go a full minute with her in the ring.

------

Ended up doing 8 DL singles, throughout the day, at 225lbs. It's a weight I usually warm up with, so nothing whacky other than just not doing much deadlifting recently. For my workout, I did 275X2, two sets of 275x3, one single at 345 and failed at 365. Done. I'm going to finish off with one set of pushups. I've missed my beer and deadlift Fridays. They're back in. I'm even starting to ruminate on the notion of going for 500 by my birthday in October.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:36 am

That's awesome! ... but weren't you just talking about healing the body and deadlifting under 300 for that massage feeling... ??
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:44 am

That was back in my pre-Hogan days, Dave.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:48 am

Hulk it up Mike!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:21 pm

After a week of doing next to nothing, I've decided to try a little experiment (if it lasts more than two days, I'll be stunned). I'll be doing as many reps as I can, in one set, of elevated hip thrusts, pushups, squats, inverted rows and dip shrugs, followed up with a bridge for as long as I can hold it.

The pathetic starting point...

hip thrusts - 23
pushups - 12
squats - stopped at 25 (I decided 25 should be the limit, for now)
inv. rows - 14 (that surprised me)
dip shrugs - 12
bridge - 30 count (I just counted rapidly, just to keep it even. It was probably about ten or twelve seconds.)

It'll be interesting to see if my 'going to failure' actually turns into that. Right now, if I had to be brutally critical of myself, I'd say I've got 'quit' and 'fail' confused.

Down to 210.2lbs. Beer diet's working.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself, Mike. If you had QUIT you wouldn't be posting.
I don't know what it will take for you to get back the "eye of the tiger", but something in you still wants more.
Keep at it!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks, Mike.

So, two days in a row.

hip thrusts - 23
pushups - 15 (wide hands)
squats - only 19 (darn!)
inv. rows - 15
dip shrugs - 14
bridge - 41 count

Up in four, down in one. I'll take it. I call the squats a quit, but the rest were definitely failures (that's a weird feeling).
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Weird way of looking at it - if you hadn't been following your posts 8)
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 pm

itlives wrote:Weird way of looking at it - if you hadn't been following your posts 8)

I suppose it is a little strange, but the difference between quitting and failure became much clearer after yesterday's workout. I simply couldn't do one more dip shrug. I tried several times to get in one more rep and it just wouldn't do it (it did feel like my brain was instructing a machine rather than something connected to it). I definitely quit on the squats.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Lower back and butt are both saying 'no' today, so I decided to mix it up a bit (which may be a good idea, in general). That means no hip thrusts and no bridge.

*Kazakhstani split squats - 14 right, 15 left
inv. rows - 15
dips - 4 (which is up from the 2.5 I did a month, or so, ago)

I finished with something that I'm not sure is a real exercise, or just one of my delusions. I leaned up against the corner of a wall (corner out rather than in), facing away. I put my hands overhead and behind and pushed myself away. This seems like it might be useful in both thoracic mobility as well as being a nice assist to my bridges. I could only do 5 of them, but I attribute that, in part, to the 'wtf am I doing' factor that comes with anything new.

The problem I have with doing bodyweight exercises is that it seems like it shouldn't be enough. After I do them, though, I'm always horrified by how quickly they gas me. I guess that's a sign that I need to keep after them.

Oh, btw, my doctor reminded me, once again, no heavy lifting until my blood pressure is under control. My apologies to Saint Hogan. I'm sure getting my conditioning up will have a positive effect on my BP. :kitty:

*It seems if a nationality is going to be associated with split squats, it should be one of the few countries which has territories on two different continents.
MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:27 pm

I think some people start out walking down a wall doing what you did to get to a bridge.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 pm

MikeO wrote:*Kazakhstani split squats

[...]

*It seems if a nationality is going to be associated with split squats, it should be one of the few countries which has territories on two different continents.
What a guy! :laugh2:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeO on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Glad my reasoning resonated with you, Dave.
-----
The hell with it. I'm just going to do what I want. If I die of a stroke, tell my wife I love her and, of course, tell my cats I love them, too.

Two warm up sets of 5 back squats.

SQ 165x3, 175x3, 185x3x2
CL&OHP 115x5x2 (2nd set got a little 'overhead, any way possible' -ish)
inv. rows x 10

It is weight x reps x sets isn't it? (Never got that right.)

If I keep up this level of inconsistency, I could end up being pretty well rounded, by sheer accident.

MikeO
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 pm

You're a funny guy, Mike. Right, on the formula.
Do what makes you happy.
You've tried the BWE and I think you gave it a good go. Maybe even a little wore off on you -IDK.
I do know if you don't like it, you won't stick with it long.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top