PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

How's it goin??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How's it goin??

Post by Cruce on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey all, I'm Cruce and new to the forum.
I'm 35 years old and worked out off and on throughout my life. Lifted weights in high school, distance ran in college and again in my late 20's while studying kung fu and combatives. I recently turned to bodyweight workouts after dabbling a bit with kettlebells because it was cheaper and well cause it was cheaper. The only thing I have for equipment that I use is a pull up bar, the one you put in your doorway and a BOB. I've been practicing combatives for about 8 years now and gave up kung fu after I got my black sash. I'm also not much of a runner anymore. I didn't take good care of myself when I did run and my knees have paid the price so no I try to keep my workouts low-to-no impact but intense so I can work in some cardio. My fitness goals are pretty simple: I just want to stay in shape and build strength.
If any of you have any questions about combatives feel free to give me a shout!
Thanks!

Cruce
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Re: How's it goin??

Post by Rix on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Kung fu black sash? impressive :) you would be fun to spare with. But yeah, welcome Cruce :) lots of people here who can give you lots of advice on nearly everything you would like to know. My first bit of advice would be for your knees, Hindu squats can help them. Good luck!
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Welcome Cruce, we have a lot in common. Glad you found us!
I'm sure we'll "verbally" spar :boxer: :lol:

BWE is great for us as we age. I came to it about 3-4 years ago .

Start a workout log (if you haven't already)!
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:25 am

Cruce, I see you got my invitation! Welcome aboard!

The only thing I have for equipment that I use is a pull up bar, the one you put in your doorway and a BOB.

Good stuff, a pullup bar is mandatory kit around these parts. ;) As for Bob, well whenever I've trained with him he skins the knucks a bit on the hooks and uppercuts, but because he's so receptive of the straights, I let it slide. He can stay!
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm

welcome aboard...yes Hindus like Rixstar mentioned.
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by GreekPT on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Welcome Cruce. All I know of BOB's....................is that they are little electronic...vibrating gizmos, which gals keeps in their purses.....affectionately named Battery Operated Boyfriends.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! :D

GreekPT
Wanted for Chococide
Wanted for Chococide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 am

Ummm.... no. Bob's the one on the right.

Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:33 am

Welcome cruce, hope it works out for you - pun intended. As i now got heavier, i don't care THAT much for running as well, but hiking and running short distances on the track still is fun.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top