PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

So, i'm having a day off from school tomorrow...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So, i'm having a day off from school tomorrow...

Post by Guitar_maniac on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

AND I'M SO CLOSE OF RUNNING TO THE NEAREST 24/7 STORE AND GETTING A BOTTLE OF COKE, CHIPS, CANDY ETC and play Skyrim the whole night!

Someone, say something fast, so that i won't fall now.
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

http://www.facebook.com/esa.lackstrom

Back to top Go down

Re: So, i'm having a day off from school tomorrow...

Post by Iliander on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm

superset:

10 x max diamond push-ups and 10 x max pull-ups

then:

300 jump squats in as little sets as possible

then:

max plank all sides

then:

eat and go sleep

fixed
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Guitar_maniac:

Are you kidding me! Skyrim is boring. After 2 hours, you've basically seen everything this "expansive 'world'" has to offer. And you realize that Skyrim is about the size of a pretty small city in real life right? 'World' my butt! Oh look another wolf, oh look another troll, and they all act the same way every darn time.... wooo so exciting.... :facepalm:

As for chips and such, you'll feel like crap less than 20 minutes later - actually even before you finish them.

Fus Roh Dah? Fus Ro Dork, unless you get up and do something real and productive. :duh:

Hope this helped. ;)

Last edited by Dave.cyco on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Guitar_maniac wrote:AND I'M SO CLOSE OF RUNNING TO THE NEAREST 24/7 STORE AND GETTING A BOTTLE OF COKE, CHIPS, CANDY ETC and play Skyrim the whole night!

Someone, say something fast, so that i won't fall now.

Get out of the house and hang out with people, instead.

Erik
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:Guitar_maniac:

Are you kidding me! Skyrim is boring. After 2 hours, you've basically seen everything this "expansive 'world'" has to offer. And you realize that Skyrim is about the size of a pretty small city in real life right? 'World' my butt! Oh look another wolf, oh look another troll, and they all act the same way every darn time.... wooo so exciting.... :facepalm:

Fus Roh Dah? Fus Ro Dork, unless you go out and do something real and productive. :duh:

Hope this helped. ;)

Actually, i was thinking the exact the same thing when i played it last time, i was clearing yet another dungeon, looking for some item. But still i want to finish it, craft supergear, get it all that the game has to offer. Been hooked on Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, that game is still the sh!t. Guess i'm just denying myself the fact that the series gone way downhill. I bought Hitman collection today aswell.. Blood Money seems interesting (and of course there's still fallout New Vegas that i just started a while ago). I would love to play some guitar, but the walls at my current apartment are like paper and it's 9.pm in here already.
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 pm

You own an electric? So play unplugged! And move around as you do it, that'll be good recovery/mobility.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Batman: Arkham City was great! Anyone played that? Loved the story, got me hooked till the end. Also did the sidequests, tho there were couple useless, but they weren't long.

I play electric unplugged almost always. My neighbour said one day that she hears it pretty often still. One time i was sitting at kitchen, eating and reading newest guitar world, the couple downstairs had a little argument, it was like there was nothing in between us, the guy didn't yell, just spoke with little louder than usually, and i heard it clearly. I hear the tv news from my other neighbour as well pretty often.

Edit: Walls here are like paper..
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm

my apologies

normal squats then
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Iliander wrote:my apologies

normal squats then

Haha :D Guess it would be best to train, maybe something good on saturday since i'm having a work free weekend ahead for once. Couple sets of squats don't do any harm.
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Erik wrote:
Get out of the house and hang out with people, instead.

X 2 ^

itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Sell skyrim, get Dark souls and Demon Souls, there are the muscle ups/Planche push ups of the gameing world.... Takes a lot of time and dedication to learn and perfect them, but once you do, you are considered a beast.

Do you play guitar, guitar_maniac?? what guitar you got? you done grades at all?
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Ugh, I haven't played any games seriously since starting college (latter half of 2010).
I do go through spells where I miss warcraft III, though. That was an excellent game.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_x3 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Monday nights are my game night. Finally finished a second playthrough of Borderlands 2 this week. Forza horizon was pretty good, though I always had more fun driving along the roads outside of races instead of in them. I honestly haven't played an Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind, and I never finished it either. Starcraft 2 is pretty fun, I'm looking forward to the new one coming out soon.

You shouldn't need to go get all that snack food for a gaming session though. I actually don't buy snack food anymore, partially because it's money I don't need to spend but also because I don't feel the need for it. If anything, I tend to eat less during a gaming session.

Someday I'll get around to making a real game... someday...

ranger_x3
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 pm

ranger_x3 wrote:Someday I'll get around to making a real game... someday...

That would be pretty awesome.

Just remember, someday never comes...

TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 am

...No school for me tomorrow either. Woot woot!

Snow forts and sledding. And potentially playing pranks on any of my friends if they get too drunk.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 am

Rixstar wrote:Sell skyrim, get Dark souls and Demon Souls, there are the muscle ups/Planche push ups of the gameing world.... Takes a lot of time and dedication to learn and perfect them, but once you do, you are considered a beast.

Do you play guitar, guitar_maniac?? what guitar you got? you done grades at all?

Currently at home i play ESP-ltd MH-1000 Deluxe. At band's space i got esp-ltd ax-50. It's cheap, and not very good, but since i use only bicycle these days i don't want to travel in the cold with that better guitar, and of course i want to play with the better one most of the time so i keep it at home! I take it to gigs ofc. My acoustic is also a cheap one, but is enough for my fingerpicking needs. There's tons of gear i'd love to have when i get the money.I try not to buy anything quickly, that mh-1000 cost about 1 500 euros, but it's worth it. Some buy 600 guitar, the next year they sell it and pay 200 to get 700 guitar etc etc..
I once studied at a music school it was about a year, covering all the basics, but no more. I study theory by myself these days when i have the time, i'm not interest getting formal education at schools on music.

Do you play some instrument?

Heard about Dark souls being a great one, but i have a faint memory that the requirements were too much. Have to look into that to make sure!

And yeah, i would go outside and hang with people, but almost everyone are at school/work.. :D It's hard to have a snowball war by myself.
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:36 am

Get yourself Red Dead Redemption - best shit ever. Awesome story and a really nice expansice world...so detailed and epic. I love this game!
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_x3 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:42 am

Journeyman wrote:...No school for me tomorrow either. Woot woot!

Snow forts and sledding. And potentially playing pranks on any of my friends if they get too drunk.

Hand one of your friends a bottle of water without the label. Tell them it's some sort of vodka. When they try it and say it tastes like water you should say that they're too drunk to feel how much it burns because it's such a high proof.

Or you could pretend you get a 12 pack of beer, but you really got coke or something and put some fake labels on.

ranger_x3
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:05 am

Guitar_maniac wrote:
Do you play some instrument?

Yeah, guitar, both elec and acoustic, harmonica, bass (but i dont own YET, just use my knowledge to play simples), Drums (dont own YET but i use to practice on them at school), and i dabble in piano and ukele. AND learnt the recorder when i was young. i also want to learn bouzouki (greek banjo thing). i finished grade 6 in guitar and gonna start on grade 8 :P

Nice guitars and equipment, you in a band? MH-1000 is amazing axe, you a shredder then? I have ibanez RG350dx ibanez RG321ex, affinity tele (for traveling and jamming, im currently customizing it). I had a vintage v100 but sold it because it had dodgy frets, my first guitar was an explorer Cruiser. And i have a acoustic ibanez, blue sunburst electro acoustico one. and i just have a roland cube 30, i wish i had a band :no:

Guitars are like tattoos, so addictive. I want the van halen cabnet, but i want a vox cabnet? i want a wah, the ibanez tubescreamer... the list goes on. if i was rich i would have all the equipment in the world.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:40 am

In a band yeah, we play mainly 90 rock. Hole, RHCP, Muse etc.
"biggest" band i have been in was this: http://www.myspace.com/arctodusmetal

Vocals are pretty bad, we didn't find a singer so our other guitarist had to sing, and well.. :D They're also home recorded, with a drum machine so the quality isn't pro. But the riffs were GREAT! We both contributed to the riffing. Songs that i played on are:
- Into the Valley of Death
- Dark Passenger
- Human 2.0
- Bloodened hands (this one is the most fun to play!)
- Nightfall
- Of Patriots and Tyrants

Other ones were added by Lauri after we parted ways and he moved to another city. THis band had some serious potential imo, but can't help it anymore, everyone has their own projects these days. I am a shredder mainly yeah, but trying to break out of it and make more melody/interesting passages ala Steve Vai, Marty Friedman, Richie Sambora (Richie is a great guitarist! He don't shred almost never, but his musicality is fantastic!)

Ibanez does good guitars! Been looking for one too, What would u recommend? Something with active pickups. What does grade 6 mean? What kind of requirements is in it? and on the grade 8?

And darn man, u have skills on many instruments :D I have a plans too to build a music room to my house when i get it someday.. maybe.

Van Halen cab and head wuold be fantastic! Like the respective Joe Satriani gear... Steve Vai's, couple singature guitars, signature effect pedals. signature skills... :D
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:13 am

Just checked out some of those songs, sounds awsome, a lil like "all that remains". Sounds good, your probly better than me :P ahh that sucks, life tears apart all good things. I wish i could be in a band, its what is stopping me from progressing, i have tried to play with people when i was at school but i cant do it, i need a band so i can progress. I have so many skills but cant apply them when jamming or anything.

I may have ibanez's but im far from a shredder, im a blues and latin style player. I play a lot of Carlos Santana stuff and "my sound" is like his. So i generally make a backing track and just solo to them. I love the necks and feel to the fret board. I would recommend any rg series, and the FR or DN series and change the pickups to dimarzio's.

These are the grade 6 songs i learnt (not me playing)
Spoiler:

At the moment im learning some troy stetina stuff to get my speed up
Spoiler:

Exactly what i want, i music room and a gym room lool. Haha cheers, my lil bro is amazing at piano tho, he got all the talent and i just like to play.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 am

It's so hard to compare who's better in these things. I should concentrate more on improvising melodically, and have thought of buying JamMan so i could create backing tracks to solo over. Santana's sound is good! And those latin rhythm works! I'd love to learn that style on acoustic, but can't practice it here because of the weak walls. Maybe in my future music room.... With my 5000 euro pure gold acoustic.

Those grade 6 songs sounded good! Being a shredder is not really anything to brag about, anyone can train to play scales with high speed, but it don't sound good :D

Troy Stetina somehow reminded me of this gem... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zmhY20ZZkY
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm

True, everyone has a weekness and a strength --> weakness, cant play in a band and cant lay down my techniques when i want too, Strength, very good at melodic improv. HAHA yeah thats way to think about it!! pure gold 8)

They fun to play, technical but easy. im all about pentatonics, and adding modes to them. That is a nice song, downloading............
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top