PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Playstation 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playstation 4

Post by TheMasterKey on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 am

I'm going to throw this out there because it looks like a good amount of you are into video games.
The other day I heard that the Playstation 4 will be released sometime this year.

Now myself, I haven't had a video game console since the Playstation 2.
But being the evil capitalist that I am, I'm considering buying some with a plan to re-sell at a profit.

What was your experience with Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 when they were released?

Were there shortages or was it a non-issue to get ahold of one?

If there were shortages, at how much of a mark up were units available for purchase?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

All opinions/feedback are welcome.
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Re: Playstation 4

Post by Brahma Bill on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:20 am

There's nothing evil about capitalism!
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am

Brahma Bill wrote:There's nothing evil about capitalism!

The sentence should read as:

TheMasterKey wrote:But being the "evil capitalist" that I am, I'm considering buying some with a plan to re-sell at a profit.
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 am

TheMasterKey wrote:
But being the shrewd, hard working, revenue generating capitalist that I am, I'm considering buying some with a plan to re-sell at a profit.
Fixed it! :D
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 am

Brahma Bill wrote:
TheMasterKey wrote:
But being the shrewd, hard working, revenue generating capitalist that I am, I'm considering buying some with a plan to re-sell at a profit.
Fixed it! :D

I can't argue with that! :mrgreen:
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:50 am

Im lucky, i have a older bro that earns good money, so he bought the ps3 and xbox360 at the same time when they came out :p

Cant wait for the ps4, i dont know if you read the update articles but the engine in it is going to be LEGEN (wait for it) DARY. Gonna have 3d capabilities (depending on your tv).

You could probly buy it on a promo offer and sell it a few months later for similar money.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 am

Always been Playstation man! Just about a year ago bought a pc, didn't want to invest in PS3 since it's getting old. Maybe i'll buy 4, don't have a tv (and i won't buy) so have to connect it to my computers monitor.

Never had any problems with ps and ps2. My ps2 is at my mom's place, i still play it sometimes when i'm watching after her dog while she's away. Works perfectly still after a decade. Haven't heard anything bad about Playstations (expect backwards compatibility issues with PS3), but heard a lot of negative about Xbox, and especially the red ring of death.

This isn't exactly what you were asking, but imo PS3 is a lot more trustworthy than xbox. I don't have experience on neither, but lot of my friends have, and they are in favor of PS3.
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

http://www.facebook.com/esa.lackstrom

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Rixstar wrote:Im lucky, i have a older bro that earns good money, so he bought the ps3 and xbox360 at the same time when they came out :p

Did he camp out to get his when they were first released or did he buy them from someone reselling?

Guitar_maniac wrote:Maybe i'll buy 4, don't have a tv (and i won't buy) so have to connect it to my computers monitor.

You know who to ask if you have trouble finding one. ;)

TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_x3 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 pm

I've had my ps3 for about 5 years, but it was basically used as a backup to the xbox 360 during college because everyone liked the xbox controller better. I prefer my ps3 mostly because I buy bluray movies now, but at the same time I like the xbox for the live arcade games. It's give and take.

ranger_x3
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 am

ranger_x3 wrote:I've had my ps3 for about 5 years, but it was basically used as a backup to the xbox 360 during college because everyone liked the xbox controller better. I prefer my ps3 mostly because I buy bluray movies now, but at the same time I like the xbox for the live arcade games. It's give and take.

Are you planning on upgrading or are you happy with your current setup?
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_x3 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm

That's going to depend on the quality of games when they get released. I haven't heard anything in that regard though so I'm not sure yet. I really wish I could just connect controllers and do splitscreen on my pc, its got more power than both systems combined.

ranger_x3
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:30 pm

TheMasterKey wrote:

Did he camp out to get his when they were first released or did he buy them from someone reselling?

he claims he drove passed GAME and it was open at midnight with no line so he bought them, but i think he camped out like a true gaming nerd :twisted:
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by amit_shah25 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:22 pm

He heeee ! Evil capitalist. I like it :mrgreen:

I donno .. I think it just depends. For XBox360 and PS3 I think there was quite a bit of shortage initially when they came out. You definitely won't loose any money, but all that waiting in the line could prove worthless. If you enjoy the vibe, energy and all, go for it. It has been a WHILE since a new gaming console has come out, so there should be a hype around it.
amit_shah25
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:30 am

Rixstar wrote:
TheMasterKey wrote:

he claims he drove passed GAME and it was open at midnight with no line so he bought them, but i think he camped out like a true gaming nerd :twisted:

The only thing I ever camped out for was Motley Crue tickets, circa about 1990. I can't imagine camping out for a game!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:04 pm

PS 4 confirmed.
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 am

TheMasterKey wrote:PS 4 confirmed.

Honestly guys, is it even worth it anymore?

Warning partially muffled curse
Spoiler:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 am

Loved the vid :)

How are you going to buy it now and sell it later for more $$$? It'll be worth $300 less after a month, like all electronics. A shortage is unlikely. There were no shortages with PS3, and only minimal ones with PS2... and PS2, (unlike the same-old-same-old that was PS3 and will be PS4) was kind of a big deal. Even then, the shortage was due to a faulty chip that needed to be fixed rather than demand.

My suggestion is save your money for something else, or you'll be stuck with a stock with falsely inflated value that you can only sell at a huge loss and that keeps getting more worthless with every passing day. That sounds too much like the capitalism of the 2000-2008 kind, the one that dug its own grave. Don't be that capitalist.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by amit_shah25 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 am

Wow ! Is that you Fatman ? From that old website whose name shall not be spoken here :-P ??
amit_shah25
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:50 am

No. :D
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by amit_shah25 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 pm

welcome here ! U still upto deadlifting 50 thousand pounds, squatting 25 thousand, benching 1 thousand and cable pulling and all that ?
amit_shah25
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 pm

I've cut back on the cable pulling unfortunately, and my squat is slightly better than my DL :oops: Otherwise those numbers sound about right... for the cumulative total lbs. in a year.

Good the be here!
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:06 am

For those interested -

The PS4 is officially available for pre-order in the US (I've got mine).

And they are already being auctioned off on eBay. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top