PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Thread Pruning and Moderation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thread Pruning and Moderation

Post by Dave on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 am

A very common event on many forums, but I guess with a totally inactive admin at BWC nobody really got used to having it and some might not know what it is, so I'll explain it.

When a thread runs on into irrelevant territory, like multiple questions and confusions over some such post or other, and finally comes to a resolution after a number of posts, thread pruning is used to streamline the discussion for ease of future use. That way nobody has to read through all the "Oh I thought you meant this when you are really saying that" "No, no, I'm not saying this or that, I'm saying something altogether different" "Okay then well :blah:" ETC. Instead, it just quietly goes away and all that's left are the pure, hassle free and unadulterated goods.

Anybody can request pruning for his or her training logs at any time by sending someone on the Mod/Admin team a PM with a link to the specific posts that you would like deleted or merged together. The more detailed your request is, the better and the more likely it will be handled as you want it to be. Just note that we will NEVER make any members appear to have said something they did not say, or delete something relevant or meaningful that they did say. The only time something from another member can be deleted is if new information is posted by that member rendering the old post obsolete, or if the post is a question that was later answered.

Pruning is not always by request. I regularly prune to keep threads "uncluttered".

In addition to what I mentioned above, some of the other material I prune:

Unnecessary quotes:
If you respond to a post directly above yours and you used the "quote" function to copy their entire post into yours, I will likely prune that portion out of your post if I see it. Such unnecessary use of quotes makes the thread that much more work for others who read it later.

Accidental Posts
If you posted something that you meant not to and you make it obvious so that there's no doubt you meant not to post it (like typing "double post" for example), I will prune it.

Sometimes other things don't fall under the category of pruning, but moderation. If something gets posted to your log that you wish had not been posted, whether by you or someone else, you may request moderation in the same manner as you request pruning. Just PM and ask for post #XX to be deleted and it shall be done, provided everything is on the level.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread Pruning and Moderation

Post by itlives on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 pm

Good idea, keeping threads easy to read means not wasting time on line so you can do more BURPEES!
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 am

Good to see we have a forum with an active Admin.

Nothing worse than double posting, something Ive been guilty of at times when posting from my not so smart phone!

Thanks Dave.
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Got it! :read:
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm

itlives wrote:Good idea, keeping threads easy to read means not wasting time on line so you can do more BURPEES!

You know my answer:
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm

:roflol2:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:42 am

Dave, regarding my post:

Who cares about the noise of dropping weights in a gym?

You (or someone else) changed "What p******" into "Who"... any specific reason?
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:01 pm

That word is almost always used to denigrate others and is not a classy word by any stretch of the imagination. It was accidentally left out of the word filter, an error I have just rectified.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:That word is almost always used to denigrate others and is not a classy word by any stretch of the imagination. It was accidentally left out of the word filter, an error I have just rectified.
Alright. :)
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top