PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

"Bodybuilding" may become banned here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Bodybuilding" may become banned here!

Post by squatty on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 am

The university "cultural affairs" authorities call any fit or muscular person, a "Bodybuilder", and they look frowned upon them.
They talk about how getting "overly muscular" is a western fad, and from their way of talking, I'm sure they are thinking about banning it in near future!
They point to fat, or skinny students, and tell "an STUDENT must look like this, these are true students".
They say bodybuilder "students" are narcissistic and brainwashed by west, and all of them inject ampules and swallow pills, and they don't look like students, because in fact they are not TRUE students.
They also say "this western sport makes people forget about God, and leans them towards self-worship in no time."
They expressed these messages through public speeches in university, and also installing posters on walls, which tell "bodybuilding" (really referring to any activity which makes you big and buff) is the sport of Satan, it is harmful to mind and body, and say real sports are running, swimming, and morning light calisthenics, which promote health and a clear mind.
WTF? All this propaganda means in near future I should drop to 60kg or else they won't let me in? :|
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Re: "Bodybuilding" may become banned here!

Post by Iliander on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 am

that's the satanic imprisoning talking right there

the only way to reach "god" is through yourself anyways

"morning light calisthenics" ... lol

this is retarded
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 am

They are stuck in the religious law over there. That's why the culture as a whole has not progressed with the rest of the world.

I will only say this once here. I believe the only way to reach God is Jesus!
I hope this doesn't spark a negative conversation. It's what I know and believe.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am

itlives wrote:I will only say this once here. I believe the only way to reach God is Jesus!
I hope this doesn't spark a negative conversation. It's what I know and believe.

The reason this should not spark a negative conversation is because of the first two words: "I believe."

"I believe" is a personal statement. It sets out what you believe to be true, not what you think everyone else should believe to be true.

As long as we each say "I believe" rather than "you should" or "you must" then there is really no discussion to be had, as long as when someone else say "I believe" we give them the same respect as we expect them to give us.

For example, I believe that the "university "cultural affairs" authorities" are a bunch of frippin' idiots who don't understand that a healthy student body is an engaged, active student body, and that there is a huge difference between power lifting and body building.

It might well be worth a protest, if you can do so safely and carefully. For example, would they say the Iranian power lifter who screamed "God is Great!" as he won an Olympic gold medal and broke a world record (I believe) is someone who has turned away from god by becoming big and strong?

Good luck to you.

Erik
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 am

Man you got to get out of this country asap !

Running, swimming and morning light calisthenics ?! Right... :facepalm:
Although I'm a former lifeguard and love swimming...it's not the only real sport under the sun. What's a 'real' sport anyways ? Uhm, Wrestling might be one - oh no not really - i mean it's not even a part of Olympia.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Taxti, Iran's most celebrated modern wrestler:

Now look at his statue:

Aside from being a truly sh!tty made statue not suitable for such a great person, notice how it is made to look scrawny and not buff, and also notice the "pants" added to his wrestling singlet!

Yeah, this is such a country :|
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 pm

I came back here to remove my statement. I though it might cause strife for Squatty (if he's monitored).
Thanks for the statement , Erik. I am aware of the "I believe" preceding what you say but, you never know how a theolegian/totalitarian government might take it.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Eh, it's kinda bad everywhere, no physical 'culture', really.
Sure, in the US everyone wants to look good with their clothes off but between the retarded anti-lifting planet fitness campaign, the stupidity of 'hardcore' groups like CF and gym jones, and the steroid 'scandals'... yeah.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 pm

It's utterly ridiculous to forbid men and women from partaking in exercise. It actually reminds me of the book I heard about (haven't read it) "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut.

Wkipedia wrote:It is the year 2081. Because of Amendments to the Constitution, every American is fully equal, meaning that no one is smarter, better-looking, stronger, or faster than anyone else. The Handicapper General and a team of agents ensure that the laws of equality are enforced. The government forces citizens to wear "handicaps" (a mask if they are too handsome or beautiful, earphones with deafening radio signals to make intelligent people unable to concentrate and form thoughts, and heavy weights to slow down those who are too strong or fast).

Erik, funny you should say all that. I was just talking about the religious friction that I was part of at BWC a few years ago when Till mentioned Olinek and Dominator350. It's in the Fatman thread.

And I believe Jesus is God and Lord.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Unfortunately, any protest = protest against God!
Looking at how they really banned getting a tan for students recently, I guess being muscular will be banned for real too, soon.
And then I will have no option other than obey until I graduate and move out.
Or maybe conceal the muscle under overly loose clothing, or up my bf% a bit, or pick a routine which makes strength with little mass gains, anything to let me train and study at the same time without sacrificing one of the two.
I'm sure if I look like sh!t, they won't have any problem with me, the problem with the "bodybuilder" type is we are lady killerz, and they want us to not be lady killerz anymore. that's what all the show is about I swear.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Honestly, just wear baggy clothing and become a beast. What are they going to do? Strip search you?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Yeah that's what I would do as my first line of defense.
Also (not in faculty of pharmacy) we have many wrestlers too in the university (they mostly study nursing AFAIK), and since wrestling is the number one national sport, they have the right to stay buff I hope/believe. then if I get some fake papers indicating I wrestle seriously, I may pass under the radar too (assuming if wrestlers be safe).
or get one ear broken into a cauliflower ear, and tell the doorman security personnel:see dude? I'm a wrestler not a "bodybuilder"
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Or, just stay home and work out on your toy in the basement. There, you could do whatever you can AND BWE.
To be honest, a little wrestling experience would do no harm and you'd only be doing that for a "front". You'd only be doing it until you get out of there.

Act like you fit in until you can leave. It will be easier on you and you'd still get your education.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 pm

I don't believe in lying, but have you ever wrestled, even once? If so, you could legitimately call yourself a wrestler, in my opinion.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Doorman security? For what, the gym?
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

JUST GET REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG, THEN ACE YOUR EXAMS, then walk around with a pimp stick. just a idea.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Rixstar wrote:JUST GET REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG, THEN ACE YOUR EXAMS, then walk around with a pimp stick. just a idea.
^ YES :mario: :trolldance:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:09 am

That's just crazy!

Get out of that nutty country and move somewhere that believes in the separation of church and state. Until then like already posted pretend to be a wrestler and wear baggy clothes.
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by MF! on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:19 am

thats pretty sucky. I'm surprised that they don't consider the effort and research that goes into creating healthy fit beings, and that people benefit socially physically and mentally from exercise. There's that one book, Spark, think, which i think talks about all that. You could casually walk by and drop a copy of it near whoever is heading up that whole protest (with all points regarding intellectual benefits highlighted) :lol:

.... but joining a wrestling team may not be a bad idea.... :up:
MF!
Adept
Adept

http://traceurversusbboy.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:04 pm

MF! wrote:You could casually walk by and drop a copy of it near whoever is heading up that whole protest (with all points regarding intellectual benefits highlighted) :lol:

Anonymously, of course, so you don't mark yourself. :ninja:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Maybe they're on to something. I'd hate to see this happen
http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/kurt-stallaert-bodybuilders-world
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top