PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Aches & Pains

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your porridge

Post by 98poundweakling on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm

itlives wrote:The suggestion of soaking the next days cereal in a fermenting agent will be tried tonight. I found a 10 grain cereal that is very hearty but takes 15 minutes to cook. Could save energy as well as time by soaking!
Tried to post a pic of it but it wouldn't go -IDKW
Anyway, it's Bob's Red Mill 10 grain hot cereal.
How was breakfast? Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain is great stuff!
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Re: Aches & Pains

Post by Dave on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm

musems wrote:I did some oats soaked overnight in a small bit of water + yogurt over the summer and they were pretty enjoyable with a few fresh berries and cinnamon added in the morning.

Sounds delicious! Hey Musems, why not introduce yourself and start a training log?
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm

98poundweakling wrote:
How was breakfast? Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain is great stuff!

I haven't done it yet.... It's about time to make another batch. Is there a ratio of yogurt to water I should stick to?

Forgot to mention my wife's trading some home brew for a grain mill. Looks like I'll start buying oats at the feed place. It's a lot cheaper by the 50 lb. bag!

Last edited by itlives on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding some info)
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Breakfast

Post by 98poundweakling on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi, Mike! For a couple of servings, use 1 TBSP whatever souring agent. Ratio doesn't really matter here, just getting something in there to kick-start the fermention.

There are some great mills out there now, that are very quiet and don't throw flour all over the kitchen. Try to use only fresh grains and mill them just what you need right before using.
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 am

Thanks! As always, you have simple, straight forward advice that makes sense!
Wife hasn't got the mill yet. I may be able to head her off with a gift if I get off my duff. She's looking at using it to prepare her own grains for brewing ale. I'm looking at using it for FOOD! :D
itlives

Back to top Go down

mill purpose

Post by 98poundweakling on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:54 pm

itlives wrote:Wife hasn't got the mill yet...She's looking at using it to prepare her own grains for brewing ale. I'm looking at using it for FOOD! :D
BEER IS FOOD!

PS I've heard the best small mill these days is "Nutrimill". Seems like the going price is around $250.
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 pm

98poundweakling wrote:BEER IS FOOD!

I googled this and found an entertaining article.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Prosit!

Post by 98poundweakling on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:
98poundweakling wrote:BEER IS FOOD!

I googled this and found an entertaining article.
Nice! Should we move this to the nutrition section? :eyebrows:
We could easily squeeze into the Aches and Pains thread. If you ever have kidney stones, Guinness is the best treatment: It eases the pain, consoles the sufferer, feeds the body, flushes the stones...
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Without reading the article I can say it's the "in moderation" thing that always got me in the past. I don't know about now because I haven't had a drink in two years.
I was supposed to drink an ale on my b/day but it didn't happen. Smoked my cigar but needed to eat more than drink after my b/day swings...
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top