PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

IFing, lean gains, warrior diet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IFing, lean gains, warrior diet

Post by Fat belly dog on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:11 am

Anyone on here tried them, I am at day three of modified warrior diet which is essentially not eating or very light eating during the day and getting bulk of calories in a 4-5 hour eating window. Seems to be working ok dropped a couple of kgs ( mostly water weight) and energy levels are fine. See how long I last...

An example of today's eating was
Black coffee after swims quad
Water, green tea during the day
Carrot, celery, lemon juice as a late lunch

Pistachios, ham, pear, cheddar cheese, yogurt at 5pm for pre workout snack

Dinner was: (980 cals.... This was a massive Feast)
Big salad, took up 3/4 of plate (grated carrot, beet root, cucumber, mixed greens, pepper and tomato) 2 x chicken kebabs, 3 x small lamb chops and two fried eggs

All up 1660 cals, 90 grams carbs, 66 grams fat, 122 grams protein

Even though calories are low I am pretty full right now, will have a glass of milk before bed.

Cheers

Fat belly dog
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Re: IFing, lean gains, warrior diet

Post by alexander_a on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 am

I eat according to Leangains. I find it suits me extremely well because I'm full of energy during the fasted state and I can eat until I'm happy when I do eat.

I find it's very easy to lose fat without getting eating disorders when using this. It's just about keeping it clean and not over eat every meal! I also find it's possible to gain muscle and strength with minimal fat gain - there's not as many opportunities to mess it up as when eating around the clock with 6 or more meals!

alexander_a
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:43 pm

sorry for necro but I dont want to create new topic on this

I want to start IF, it would fit my school lifestyle well .. this is what I plan but it has some holes

14.00 first meal in school .. some ideas? thinking of curd + peanut butter + protein shake
16.20 training
18.00 postworkout biggest meal, rice + chicken breast/sweet potatoes + fish + some fruit
22.00 200g cottage cheese, 3L eggs omelet

some vegetable like broccoli, spinach too ... I want carbs only in postworkout meal, do you think peanut butter pre-workout would break this as it has some carbs too
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

don't apologize for necro you did the right thing

meals look good... but why do you want carbs only in postworkout meal?
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

I think its better for fat lose, also Ironloo advised me, maybe you know him
beast in basics and strongman training

macros would look like 160g carbs, 70g fat, 160g protein
is it too low carbs? I wouldnt go higher on protein
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Buckyx wrote:I think its better for fat lose, also Ironloo advised me, maybe you know him
beast in basics and strongman training

macros would look like 160g carbs, 70g fat, 160g protein
is it too low carbs? I wouldnt go higher on protein
ok i see. yeah i know him, beast indeed.

i dont know if it's too low carbs probably not, i dont pay attention to macros myself, i only look at calories.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:59 pm

I just read quickly about IF.
pros and cons.
I do not know enough about it. Any recommended resources? I saw a link to Mark's daily apple.

FBD - are you fasting for one meal and eating two others. meaning no breaksfast?
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 pm

I would follow leangains, 16 hrs fasting and 8 feeding
it suggest training during fast and have first meal after training, I am student so I pushed feeding to 14.00 and first training after school around 16.00

3 meals a day is suggested during 8 hours of feeding

http://www.leangains.com/
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:18 pm

thanks Bucky. I looked over a post on leangains. have to take the time to look it over. thanks
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Intermittent fasting and caveman diet worked really well for me. Drop a couple of % of fb very quickly. I'm trying at the moment, the 6 meals a day with protein every 4 hours blah blah blah and I have gained a noticeable bit of muscle and lost a lil bodyfat.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top