PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Silent Assassin AKA Just Move

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silent Assassin AKA Just Move

Post by Just Move on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 am

Hey Guys I just got my computer fixed (for now) and I just wanted to clarify. Has the BWC website in fact moved to this new site? Some of you might remember me from BWC as silent assassin, I figured I would make a more relevant user name as I use silent assassin as my name for video games. Anyway I just wanted to hi and get updated, thanks.

Just Move
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Assassin AKA Just Move

Post by Dave on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:50 am

Yeah!!! Welcome my friend! This is awesome!

Yeah basically, the community moved here when we all got sick of being ignored and disrespected by the BWC admin.

Definitely stick around and start up a training log!
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 am

Welcome to the new site.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by ranger_x3 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 am

Welcome back. Was just wondering where you went as I was looking through old logs on bwc yesterday.

ranger_x3
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 am

Welcome JM.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:17 pm

I like the screen name! Welcome to the relevant site!
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Speaking of the screen name, have you been following Ido Portal?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Move on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 pm

So did someone make this site for that reason dave? or did you just join an already existing one? This reason Im asking is because I am trying to create my own website that would help people exercise and would help the community grow, but due to my lack of computer skills I have been unable to get the site fully running. Despite this I feel it is my mission to help others learn and become a better version of themselves. If anyone is computer savvy and wants to help please let me know.

On another note, thanks for the warm welcome. You guys have taught me so much and I hope I can return the favor. The motivation I get form giving and receiving advice is amazing. Just being back on the forum (albeit a different forum) gets me motivated to work harder towards my goals. I just want to take the time to thank you all for the help you have given me and if you ever need anything from me dont be afraid to ask.

For those of you that dont know me I will post a little bit about myself on another post, right now I have to go to sleep so I can get up early tomorrow.

Just Move
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Move on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:Speaking of the screen name, have you been following Ido Portal?
Actually thats kind of where I got the name, I have a similar philosophy to Ido but he says/does it better in every way.

Move, move because you can
If you won't, probably you won't be able to
Use it, or your going to lose it
And its going to be a bad day when you lose it, move, move
~Ido Portal

Just Move
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:04 am

Just Move wrote:So did someone make this site for that reason dave?

Exactly right. We all started to realize BWC was a sinking ship and discussed setting up a new forum. I had the time, so I set this one up. The members to talk to about computery stuff, though, would be ranger_x3 and Mcem222.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:46 am

Welcome back!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 am

Good to see you back!
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Move on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:18 am

So let me tell a little bit about myself for those of you that dont know
Please feel free to question anything you like, I take any critizism as a learning oppurtunity and would not have posted anything if I did not feel comfortable discussing it.

first my stats:
24 years old
5'11"
160lbs
athletic

Hobbies:
I enjoy playing almost all sports, outdoors (I basically just like being in nature, walking through parks, hiking, biking [even around the neighborhood], camping, climbing trees, exploring), I like trying new things(healthy food in perticular, but activites also), barbeques/get togethers with family and friends, I enjoy cooking healthy meals for people but I dislike how much time it takes(I either need to figure out how to cook fast and easy meals or learn to eat in a way that doesnt require much food preparation[eat to live as opposed to enjoyment]),and what I call self optimization and preparedness (getting the mind and body to preform regular and possible activites with great ease as well as being prepared for emergencies and unexpected events [EDC, first aid kit, outdoor survival, car kit]). A huge topic in itself and if I am able to get it down to a science, I plan on writing a book on it. This is why I am into bodyweight training.
In the near future I plan to start trying out backpacking/outdoor survival with my fiance, I would also like to travel and experience new cultures(again trying new things)

Politics:
I currently do not belong to any political party, but I am looking to see if I can find one with my values and beliefs. I tend to side with republicans because they are suposed to represent a small government and a fiscally responsable government. I guess you could call me a capitalist, I believe that a free market will thrive with little government interference. I believe the govenments main role in the economy is to prevent greed and ignorance(such as monopolies and social irrisponsablility) and premote prosperity (by supporting inovation and education and not by handouts), and in the case of a recession/depression, the government can then go into the red so that the people dont have to. The other main goal of the government is to protect its people against other governments and their rights agianst other people and businesses (though it seems like recently they have been trying to take away rights). I do agree with democrats on social issues because I am big on freedom/right and think we could all use more of it (abortion/gay marriage), I also agree with their stance on minimum wage and progressive taxation but againanst them on welfare.

Looks like I ran out of time, I will post more when I get the chance

Religion:

Education:

Career:

Last edited by Just Move on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Just Move
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Sounds like we have many of the same beliefs, with the (hopefully obvious) exception that I strongly disagree with abortion and so called gay marriage.

You sound like you should be a Tea Party member. Surely you know of Ron Paul and all the issues he discussed?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Just Move wrote:
I believe the govenments main role in the economy is to prevent greed and ignorance(such as monopolies and social irrisponsablility) and premote prosperity (by supporting inovation and education and not by handouts), and in the case of a recession/depression, the government can then go into the red so that the people dont have to. The other main goal of the government is to protect its people against other governments and their rights agianst other people and businesses (though it seems like recently they have been trying to take away rights). I do agree with democrats on social issues because I am big on freedom/right and think we could all use more of it (abortion/gay marriage), I also agree with their stance on minimum wage and progressive taxation but againanst them on welfare.

Doesn't look like a libertarian at all to me:
-Prevent monopolies
-Support education
-protect the people (ideally)
-right to choice (abortion/marriage)
-minimum wage, progressive taxation

I'd say you're a very solid (and reasonable!) moderate with a ton of common sense. Left leaning on some issues and right leaning on others... more for individual responsibility and freedom within the system; protected but not dominated by government.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Journeyman wrote:
-Prevent monopolies
-Support education

I wasn't aware that these ideas ran contrary to the libertarian philosophy, but then again most of what I know about them is what they say about foreign and mostly monetary policy (i.e. that they are anti-Fed).
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Move on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Journeyman wrote:
Just Move wrote:
I believe the govenments main role in the economy is to prevent greed and ignorance(such as monopolies and social irrisponsablility) and premote prosperity (by supporting inovation and education and not by handouts), and in the case of a recession/depression, the government can then go into the red so that the people dont have to. The other main goal of the government is to protect its people against other governments and their rights agianst other people and businesses (though it seems like recently they have been trying to take away rights). I do agree with democrats on social issues because I am big on freedom/right and think we could all use more of it (abortion/gay marriage), I also agree with their stance on minimum wage and progressive taxation but againanst them on welfare.

-Prevent monopolies
-Support education

I'd say you're a very solid (and reasonable!) moderate with a ton of common sense. Left leaning on some issues and right leaning on others... more for individual responsibility and freedom within the system; protected but not dominated by government.

Thanks, I really havent looked into any other political parties, I guess I have a place to start now.

Just Move
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:
Journeyman wrote:
-Prevent monopolies
-Support education

I wasn't aware that these ideas ran contrary to the libertarian philosophy, but then again most of what I know about them is what they say about foreign and mostly monetary policy (i.e. that they are anti-Fed).

Using the government to avoid monopolies, improved public education, increased protection for the people, aren't really libertarian.
The last two are libertarian but not 'conservative brand' libertarian (generally speaking). Right to choice is definitely a big deal for libertarians, whether it's recreational drug use or marriage or whatever, again, if one is a 'true' libertarian (fiscally conservative, socially liberal). I am not sure of the stance on the minimum wage but most libertarians by any definition do not support progressive taxation.

They are anti-fed in the market (conservative) and also anti-fed in terms of society and foreign affairs (minimize intervention, don't make laws regarding marriage, for example)--thus, liberal in that regard.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Actually, my understanding of them is even more basic than that. When I said anti-Fed I meant anti-Federal Reserve.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Just Move wrote: I believe that a free market will thrive with little government interference. I believe the governments main role in the economy is to prevent greed and ignorance(such as monopolies and social irresponsibility) and promote prosperity (by supporting innovation and education and not by handouts), and in the case of a recession/depression, the government can then go into the red so that the people don't have to. The other main goal of the government is to protect its people against other governments and their rights against other people and businesses (though it seems like recently they have been trying to take away rights). I do agree with democrats on social issues because I am big on freedom/right and think we could all use more of it (abortion/gay marriage), I also agree with their stance on minimum wage and progressive taxation but against them on welfare.

:

The government has nothing without taxing the people first. Then, by the very nature of government, there is waste. The waste grows exponentially as government grows. If the government is in the red, so are the people.
I agree with you on the first line of duty is protection of the people. I call it - secured borders.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:25 pm

This is all quite interesting, so allow me to propose my take on what "legitimate government" really means. It involves theological argument, so I have started a thread in the Deep Thoughts section.

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com/t446-characterisitics-of-legitimate-governenment

And Mike, secured borders is indeed one of the items I believe falls under the purview of legitimate government.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top