PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Mars One Project.. What do you guys think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mars One Project.. What do you guys think?

Post by Guitar_maniac on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm pretty excited about this one, it still takes about a decade till it's launched, but anyway, great news! If you don't know about this, it's a one way ticket to mars, NASA is searching for volunteers, settlers to go into Mars. Technology allows living in there, but not yet coming back, There's 8 year training, engineering, farming etc skills the people need there. To cover the expenses, they will film this and stream it on internet/tv.

Here's a link if someone wants to read more: http://mars-one.com/en/mission/mission-and-vision
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

http://www.facebook.com/esa.lackstrom

Back to top Go down

Re: Mars One Project.. What do you guys think?

Post by Rix on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:41 pm

i recon mars will be a second home to humans one day, I watched a documentary that said there is bacteria on Mars and stuff so if we could only plant trees and stuff it would create an atmosphere that we could live in, COLD but liveable :)
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:43 pm

I believe it was inhabited by humans (or similar) in the past. But it's too long ago I researched about this so I don't really know much lol.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:54 pm

I have read too about terraforming Mars being possible. It would take centuries though.

Looking back on history, just a few decades. on 1970 most people said DNA test are just scifi, never going to be used much, and at the end of 1800 the greatest scientists thought mankind had reached to top of it's development.

I'm all up for colonizing another planet, even if just as a backup plan. The meteor at Russia a while ago showed that we can be destroyed by external threat pretty easily, war for oil/beliefs don't help much when rocks start falling down.
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Guitar_maniac wrote:

I'm all up for colonizing another planet, even if just as a backup plan. The meteor at Russia a while ago showed that we can be destroyed by external threat pretty easily, war for oil/beliefs don't help much when rocks start falling down.

So can Mars. There are no guarantees in life. Once you get that in your head, you'll enjoy life much more.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 pm

this would be another great thread for deep thoughts section, so many areas this thread could go in to! new pope = end of the world, planet X lool.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 am

If I was young and unattached I'd love to go. I wonder if Mars needs dorky martial art loving musician/artists with interests in health and nutrition? :eyebrows:
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:11 am

Cheesedog wrote:If I was young and unattached I'd love to go. I wonder if Mars needs dorky martial art loving musician/artists with interests in health and nutrition? :eyebrows:

Of course it needs :D Music/art brightens up people, they need someone to play popular songs what they can sing along to when having a few cold ale's.

Also, every place needs someone who knows about health and nutrition! What's a better way to start a life on a new planet than going nutritious and healthy from the very first morning (literally from the very first morning on a new planet)?
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by MF! on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:23 pm

pretty soon, this picture will have validity :lol:

MF!
Adept
Adept

http://traceurversusbboy.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:04 pm

None of us can join, cause "Mars needs women", "Red hot women" apparently.
Madman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 am

Mars One is not a NASA project, it's a Dutch private enterprise. So while I think the idea is great, it will probably fizzle out once the people running it realize it is not economically viable. Or better yet, they'll fleece a few less-than-savvy donors and abandon ship (literally) :)

I am quite irked that humans don't have colonies outside of the solar system already. I mean, the first manned spaceflight was over 50 years ago. By all indicators, in 2013 we should be battling the Cylons for resources on faraway planets, or something. Instead we never made it past the f***ing Moon, our transportation and a good deal of our energy still relies on the burning of non-renewable fossil fuels (a principle from the 1850s, FFS, which is slowly killing us), and 100% of humankind's collective war effort is directed at blasting other humans, instead of abusing and colonizing alien races and planets and being generally awesome. BRB, going to blast that football-field-sized asteroid with a nuclear warhead. BRB, off to attack that alien mothership with a flying clunker with no supra-atmospheric flight capabilities that I have to refuel every half hour.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Fatman wrote:Instead we never made it past the f***ing Moon

Past? How about to? :laugh2:

Warning, foul language:
Astronauts Gone Wild: An Investigation into the Authenticity of the Moon Landings (2004)

I've definitely seen enough to not buy into the moon landing stories (Mythbusters debunked theories notwithstanding). The above is just the icing on the cake. I simply donn't believe the technology exists to get us there, let alone to Mars. Would be cool though.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:
Fatman wrote:Instead we never made it past the f***ing Moon

Past? How about to? :laugh2:

Warning, foul language:
Astronauts Gone Wild: An Investigation into the Authenticity of the Moon Landings (2004)

Most of the "we didn't land on the Moon" theories I've seen have been somewhat loony (pun intended... I guess). Not quite on the level of JFK assassination theories (in which the poor President was simultaneously shot by a man with an umbrella, a man with a black dog, the driver and Jackie O), but almost there. From "the flag is waving LOL WTF" to "there's the letter C on the prop 'stone', what were they thinking" and my personal favorite, "there ain't no stars in the picher". Haven't watched the video, since I share an office at work and have to pretend I'm working, maybe it's different.

Not to mention that the conspiracy would have involved some half a million people to pull off, without a word ever leaking out from any of the participants.

Disregarding all of the above, I'm sure the Soviets would have debunked the Moon landing as a fraud, if a reasonable case could have been made for it. Completely humiliating your no. 1 enemy in the space race at the height of the Cold War - what more could they have asked for?
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 am

Fatman wrote:
Not to mention that the conspiracy would have involved some half a million people to pull off, without a word ever leaking out from any of the participants.

That. The big downfall of so many conspiracy theories. :beardy:
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:23 am

That's hardly necessary at all. It takes no more than a few key individuals who are in the know about a conspiracy to pull it off while pulling the wool over the eyes of other participants who are able to be persuaded as to the legitimacy of what they are doing. Keep the right hand from knowing what the left is doing and such.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 am

Reptillians. :beardy:

:bolt:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:19 pm

:raptor: :dinorun: :nod:

Okay not. I wouldn't go that far! :lol!:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top