PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Its the sugar,folks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Its the sugar,folks

Post by trainingforlife on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 pm

A link about sugar toxin
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/27/its-the-sugar-folks/

trainingforlife
Masterful
Masterful

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoK7PpW9-MZvpiFtiuYVtLg

Back to top Go down

Re: Its the sugar,folks

Post by Dave on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 pm

"Sugar is toxic"

Glucose is sugar and without it you will enter a hypoglycemic coma and die.

Jussayin' :shrug:

But, yeah, avoid big gulp and coca-cola because they are excessive (and that's the real issue with "toxic" sugar, as we all know - high concentration of refined sugar).
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 am

Hate to be an advocate of the white dragon, but corn syrup, margarine, aspartame and any artificial flavor is wheeeeey worse imo.
Not to metion that coke (which I enjoy on a frequent basis) has an artificial coloring that is known to cause cancer.

You gotta wonder how some things stay on the market, even after they're proven guilty.

Btw, that thing in NY about banning large softdrinks ordered with pizzas was totally hypocritical and pointless.
No one is gonna ban you from buying an entire shopping cart full at the Costco, but a pizza joint in new york shouldn't make some decent mark-up on the convenience of saving you the trip. It was overturned though, so my rant has long gone flat.

Now I drink pop in defiance of "the man"

you can have my soda...when you pry it from my cold sticky hands.

Peace out, Jeeves.
Madman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by charley bronson on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:56 am

as i understand there is a huge difference between processed and unprocessed sugar. Unprocessed sugar that is found in fruit is completely harmless- its chemically different from processed sugar and our body digest it easier

of course this is my opinion and i cant back it up with references :)
charley bronson
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 am

I posted this a couple of times at the old place. It's 1 1/2 hours long but worth the time.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by raver on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:05 am

I get my sugar from fruits and two daily teaspoons of brown sugar in my coffee, other than that I don't drink anything except coffee, tea, water and BEER! :D
Also, I never really had a sweet tooth, so I don't eat candy or cookies or other stuff like that except maybe once a month or so...

raver
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:17 pm

It's added sugars and over-consumption that's bad.
Americans are the best at over consuming- everything.
It makes me sick.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top