PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Tucked torso wear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tucked torso wear

Post by squatty on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 am

Is there anything wrong about tucking your torso wear in your pants?
I tend to tuck any shirt and T-shirt I wear in my pants, and anything else which is tuck-able, except jackets or thick woolly clothing (which are not meant to be tucked obviously).
I ask because recently someone in Tehran told me "Dude do not tuck your T-shirt in your pants, it is the way very low class people dress" and I was like WTF I'm dressing like that since ever.
I don't know why they don't like tucked wear, it gives a more clean and trimmed look IMO. and also makes you appear more manly and muscular.
I noticed many people in west tuck their wear too, including Mark Rippetoe, now is he a low class people?
And what does tucking your wear have to do with being low/high class?
I told that person "F*** class, I dress the way I like"
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Re: Tucked torso wear

Post by Avocadoshake on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

Shirt tucked in, belt.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

I used to tuck my shirt in my pants because I would look really skinny if I didn't. Now that's not necessary anymore.

There's nothing wrong with it, f*** everyone who says there is. I HAD to do it because my upper body is really short so shirts were always way too long, I looked stupid.

Don't give a **** about what people think.

... unless chicks dislike it. :laugh2:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 am

Iliander wrote:
... unless chicks dislike it. :laugh2:
Well said XD
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Tucking your shirt in or not won't determine which 'society class' you're coming from...rather the price of the shirt you're tucking in or not :D
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Don't worry about it. The only time I don't dress casual is when I'm MADE (wife) to.
She does dress me better than I dress myself, but I'm hardly comfortable.....
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm

TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Nice fitting shirt tucked in+nice leather belt+trousers or jeans+smart shoes=smart looking guy. 8 year olds playing in the garden don't tuck their shirts in. Men do.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:43 pm

An slightly better looking tucker:

:mrgreen:

IMO people who hate tucking are either homophobes trying to camouflage their asses under their shirts (we had one kid in school who was afraid of tucking because he felt insecure of getting raped), or are just jealous of the neatness dressing of us tuckers.
Anyway, most people in my area tuck anything they wear just like me, but Tehran people are just a lot different than my area.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Legend

squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 pm

To be honest...I never tuck my shirt :D Nevertheless I'm always dressed sharp...it is possible without tucking.
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Yeah of course. hope we didn't offend you tilles, wasn't an intention.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:06 pm

See, even since childhood I was a classic kid :nod:

Code:
http://postimg.org/image/acnvc7mi1/

(Exactly my 7th birthday)

Last edited by squatty on Thu May 09, 2013 4:43 am; edited 3 times in total
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Rixstar wrote:Yeah of course. hope we didn't offend you tilles, wasn't an intention.

I'm so freakin offended right now ! :smashpc:

Just kidding, it's all good...everybody got his own thing.
:cheers2: :dance:
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:19 pm

:handshake:
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 pm

I might add that i'm studying economics in Luxembourg...so one day I'll probably work in a bank and have to wear suits all the time. I'm just enjoying my tuck free time till then :D My idol for the next 20 years is Don Draper, after that I'll switch to Roger Sterling ;)
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by MF! on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:20 pm

tuck. always. even into underwear if you can. :P
MF!
Adept
Adept

http://traceurversusbboy.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Dress shirt / button down shirt = tuck into pants.

T-shirt/polo/sweatshirt = do not tuck into pants. Basically if you could wear something with a suit, tuck, if not, don't tuck. That's a good rule of thumb.

It will also depend on the local customs in your country.

squatty wrote:I noticed many people in west tuck their wear too, including Mark Rippetoe, now is he a low class people?

I won't answer this, no matter how much I may or may not be burning to... but let's just say that Rippetoe is famous for a book that promotes the squatmorning, not for his guide to sharp dressing for men.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Fatman wrote:

but let's just say that Rippetoe is famous for a book that promotes the squatmorning, not for his guide to sharp dressing for men.

x2 :roflol:
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:15 pm

I tuck my T-shirt in while working because the tool belt tends to pull my shorts down and Plumbers Crack is not cool
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:47 pm

:^: X 2 against plumber's crack for sure!

I also tuck but under the right circumstances. If I happen to be wearing pants that call for a belt (rare, but will happen more often with my new job in an office environment) I tuck the undershirt, but not the overshirt if it's a sweater or something like that, but I will tuck if it's collared or button up shirt.

I usually don't tuck the undershirt into my exercise pants or shorts unless I'm doing HeSPUs or going out into the cold.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:46 am

Fatman wrote:Dress shirt / button down shirt = tuck into pants.

T-shirt/polo/sweatshirt = do not tuck into pants. Basically if you could wear something with a suit, tuck, if not, don't tuck. That's a good rule of thumb.

It will also depend on the local customs in your country.

squatty wrote:I noticed many people in west tuck their wear too, including Mark Rippetoe, now is he a low class people?

I won't answer this, no matter how much I may or may not be burning to... but let's just say that Rippetoe is famous for a book that promotes the squatmorning, not for his guide to sharp dressing for men.

This. I'd never tuck a normal shirt/Tshirt. Only collared shirts... and not always. I just use a 'scale' of sorts. Sleeves rolled up and shirt open/untucked, wearing jeans is lower on the scale of looking sharp than sleeves down, buttoned up, tucked in, wearing slacks... etc.

As for Rip, I think his forum is one of the most retarded and close-minded of all internet strength boards. He himself seems like good people but as he says, is good for nothing now except for commenting on squat form vids which is kinda sad. I think he's a cool guy with good advice in general but if I thought of 'class' I would not think of Mark Rippetoe.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:22 am

Journeyman wrote:
I think his forum is one of the most retarded and close-minded of all internet strength boards.
Everyone called me an "annoying troll" there and Rip banned (via deactivation...) my account (despite claiming he never bans anyone). his excuse was "Well I didn't ban anyone! I just deactivate some usernames..."
He is very ill tempered.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:25 pm

squatty wrote:Everyone called me an "annoying troll" there and Rip banned (via deactivation...) my account (despite claiming he never bans anyone). his excuse was "Well I didn't ban anyone! I just deactivate some usernames..."
He is very ill tempered.

Yeah, if you oppose the idea of gaining 100 lbs. of fat for every 75 lbs. gained on your squat, the cultists can get quite touchy...
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Not to mention that after a year or so, once the chubby guys can deadlift almost double bodyweight, they get all stuck up and try to write/advise like Rippetoe does.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top