PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Let's talk real state business

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's talk real state business

Post by squatty on Wed May 01, 2013 4:28 am

In Iran, the price of land/building stays constant, until a "wave" comes and MULTIPLIES that price usually by 2 or even 3 times.
And no one knows just when the next wave will come, so everybody is scared of buying/selling land.
Because you might lose all your lifetime credit just in one night, it's one of the most scary gambles imaginable.
Let's say you have an apartment, and want to sell it to buy a bigger one;
You sell your apartment today, and tomorrow you have an appointment to pact the deal for your new bigger apartment;
Tomorrow comes, and you are notified the new wave have come, and the apartment you want to buy has become 3 times more expensive OVERNIGHT. and you can't even buy an apartment half the size of your old one with the money you got in your hands now.

I want to know if there's any sh!tty waves in developed countries too or not.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk real state business

Post by Journeyman on Wed May 01, 2013 4:34 am

Housing 'bubbles' do exist but are generally far less drastic in more stable economies (especially europe, they don't have many issues with it). It's not so bad here (the states) but pretty bad in some parts of asia and around the mediterranean (greece).
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Wed May 01, 2013 4:58 am

My friend's pa sold his 500m big house, to instead buy two apartments, to give one to his newly married elder son.
But the wave came, and they lost everything, they currently live in a 60m small apartment, and the elder son had to rent somewhere...

How about Canada?
If I fail at going to States, I just have three more options:
Europe
Australia
Canada

- I don't like Europe because everything is tight and packed and small there, tight streets, tight houses/apartments. everything is too compact.
- Now in Australia, land is plenty, and there's room for everyone to live big. but something's missing there, and that's true mountains. I can't live without them.
- Then remains Canada, my perfect top priority choice after the States.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed May 01, 2013 1:08 pm

It's all about landan! I'm gonna buy my first house soon :) rent it out and then buy a house with my bird.

My parents bought their house for 45grand and its now 300 grand. Inflation over time. Houses stay consistent generally unless an area becomes London like or services start to appear. Just mortgages change and rates and sh¡t
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Wed May 01, 2013 1:45 pm

The fact that you are about to buy your first house at 19yo, alone shows you're living in a quality economy.
Here in cities, young people keep living with their parents at least until 30yo, until they marry and rent a place of their own, some even have to start their family inside their bedroom at parents' house...
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed May 01, 2013 1:57 pm

There's good mortgages for first time buyers tho. It was like that for a while in the uk but then they came up with a new first time buyer mortgage and stuff. If your not a first time buyer it is quite tough unless your married and have two incomes or you get paid in gold.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by tilles on Wed May 01, 2013 3:06 pm

squatty wrote:

- I don't like Europe because everything is tight and packed and small there, tight streets, tight houses/apartments. everything is too compact.

That's just the case in big cities dude ;)
tilles
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed May 01, 2013 3:08 pm

tilles wrote:
squatty wrote:

That's just the case in big cities dude ;)
Exactly...
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Thu May 02, 2013 3:21 am

Canada is a great place and prices increase slowly. There is nothing like what you have described with overnight price increases.

Did I mention Canada has some very fine mountains?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Moraine_Lake_17092005.jpg

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Thu May 02, 2013 3:38 am

I wanna move Canada one day so badly. If I get the opportunity I will jump on it. Or Essex in London if I can't haha
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Thu May 02, 2013 7:25 am

Canada is appealing more and more to me also.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Journeyman wrote:Housing 'bubbles' do exist but are generally far less drastic in more stable economies (especially europe, they don't have many issues with it). It's not so bad here (the states) but pretty bad in some parts of asia and around the mediterranean (greece).

Spain got massively hit by the housing bust (because their boom, when it was happening, was out of this universe, bigger even than in the US). I'm sure one could pick up some nice property on the coast (or anywhere else, they got mountains too) for cheap.

Parts of the US are dirt cheap too, colossal disparity in property values.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu May 02, 2013 11:08 pm

squatty wrote:Canada, my perfect top priority choice after the States.

ChrisTG wrote:Canada is a great place

Rixstar wrote:I wanna move Canada one day so badly.

itlives wrote:Canada is appealing more and more to me also.

Well guys, you know how they always say the grass is greener on the other side? Well guess what: I left Canada because I thought the grass was greener elsewhere.. and I had to come back! So you guys are all onto something.

Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Fri May 03, 2013 8:16 am

Viva Canada! :hatsoff:
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down