PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Average BW enthusiast looking to get invovled, start a log and get some advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Average BW enthusiast looking to get invovled, start a log and get some advice

Post by ajnslng on Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 am

Hi all.
Little bit on me...
Been a big fan of bodyweight training for a few years now. For a lot of reasons, but mainly because I'm cheap and I like the idea of a minimal equipment workout.

At first it was just getting in shape. High reps of pushups, sit ups, squats etc.
Then I was doing a 5x5 sort of program with dips, pull ups etc. Saw some great strength increases.

Started doing CC about a year and a half ago. All the prison fluff kind of irritates me but the progressions by and large seem good (except 3x30 rows - what?!). I'm really just doing it to achieve the master steps. I'd love to be able to do a OAPU and the others some day.
However. I'm getting frustrated and bored with how long it's taking me. Either I'm doing too much or too little or something's wrong, but I'm currently at...
Squat 3
Pushup 3
Pull up 2
Bridges 3
Leg raises 3

That's about a years worth of effort. There was about 4 months there where I didn't train. And that's basically full body workout every second day. The other day was cardio or rest. I'm getting frustrated with how long it's taking and thus bored with the program. I'm thinking of changing to this:

Day 1
CC squats
Dips (on a 5x5 regimen, start with legs on floor)
CC rows
CC bridges
CC grip work
Shoulder physio (this includes full pushups)

Day 2
Cardio (LSD or HIIT - whatever I feel like)

Day 3
CC push ups
Pull ups (Doing these alongside the CC rows because 3x30 is ridiculous and I've plateaued, and I love pull ups)
CC leg raise
L-sit
Bridge hold
Twist

Day 4
Shoulder physio
Cardio

I suppose I should chuck a rest day in there somewhere, but I find if I have a rest day I tend to start slacking off. I like to do something every day. Anyway, is there anything you'd change about the program? I'm sort of trying to keep the CC progressions going, while also changing things up and moving in vertical/horizontal push/pull planes (hence the addition of dips. HSPU will come later on). A bit of a mix between a gymnast approach and Coach Wade's ball-tearingly barbed wire eating hard-man calisthenics is for REAL MANS attitude.

Once you guys have given me some feedback I'm basically gonna try the program for a month and see if anything changes. Might even start a log here.

EDIT: My main worry is that I'll be hitting my chest too much, or my legs/core not enough. The shoulder physio includes 30 full pushups and 30 tricep dips.

Any feedback well appreciated.
And WTH happened to bodyweightculture?!

Last edited by ajnslng on Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total

ajnslng
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Re: Average BW enthusiast looking to get invovled, start a log and get some advice

Post by Avocadoshake on Wed May 22, 2013 9:07 am

Hi, welcome here. We're not confined to BW only. Hope you'll get the most out of the excellent posts of our experienced members.

Don't hesitate to ask, that's what that community is for.

That's an excellent introduction btw.

I'm not familiar with CC, but I'm sure there will be s.o. showing up soon.

I tend to slack as well. My regimen is: mon-fri workouts, weekend for regeneration.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Re: Average BW enthusiast looking to get invovled, start a log and get some advice

Post by Dave on Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 am

Great intro, all the best in your training!

Just FYI you had me really worried with your username until I read your post - Classic spammer style user name... Perhaps you'd consider changing it to something more pronounceable? ;)

Or is it supposed to be pronounced as "Asian Slang"??? :confused1:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajnslng on Wed May 22, 2013 9:13 am

Avocadoshake wrote:We're not confined to BW only.
Ah my mistake :oops: I got pointed here from bodyweightculture. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes by waxing lyrical about bw exercise!

ajnslng
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 am

ajnslng wrote:
Avocadoshake wrote:We're not confined to BW only.
Ah my mistake :oops: I got pointed here from bodyweightculture. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes by waxing lyrical about bw exercise!

No problem here. BW is convenient. Used it as a tool when I was on my short vacation a few days ago.

So nobody noticed my birthday, while I sneaked away. AHEM! :lol!:
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed May 22, 2013 11:43 am

Ello there mate. Welcome.

Some of just use bw predominantly so you won't feel left out. I too am after the oac and oapu etc etc. I'm quite familiar with cc's so if you need any questions just ask! Pm me or ask in my log. I don't mind.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed May 22, 2013 11:53 am

Welcome mate!
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top