PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

I don't eat much anything during summer, appetite has gone way down again.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I don't eat much anything during summer, appetite has gone way down again.

Post by Guitar_maniac on Mon May 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Anyone else having this?
I have eaten 2 sadnwiches today, 3 small potatoes and one 250 beef.

Been outside playing with my gf's kids for few hours, jogging, helped my gf's mom carry new furnitures to her apartment. And just not hungry, i haven't eaten much in the whole week. It's just too hot! going to get my fat% lowered at this rate! Deadliftday again tomorrow!
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

http://www.facebook.com/esa.lackstrom

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't eat much anything during summer, appetite has gone way down again.

Post by squatty on Mon May 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Are you okay about taking a med to increase your appetite?
Herbal stuff are meds too in my book.

Okay let's start with something not so scary, something which can be termed "food".
Can you get some pomegranate paste, and eat it as appetizer with your meals.
Fine tender pickled cucumbers work very well as well.
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Mon May 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Heat takes away appetite :) plus if your body is perspiring more, you dont have the fluids to digest even tho you may not feel thirsty, but your body probly is! Also in the summer your body doesnt want excess fat heating it up so it tries to get rid of it. In the winter, your body wants fat to keep you warm so you should naturally get a bit tubby and appetite should increase.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Mon May 27, 2013 6:05 pm

I didn't know it got hot in Finland! Being so far north after all.

Hot spicy foods are supposed to be cooling, because they promote sweating. Drink lots of water and eat raw and lightly cooked veggies.
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_maniac on Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm

It's been pretty much 25celsius here for couple weeks now. It was near 30 last year, couple days over it.

And the winters are cold! Last december when i was a trainee at one construction site, it was about -32! I don't know is it the climate change or what, but the temperatures are going from one extreme to other.

I'll try to add more veggies than! Losing body fat is welcome (can almost see the v-style shaping up! just need to lose this "ring" on my midseztion), byt i still need something to maintain weight in the long run :D
Guitar_maniac
Adept
Adept

http://www.facebook.com/esa.lackstrom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Mon May 27, 2013 7:44 pm

I count on dropping at least 10 lbs in the summer. Working outside all day really sweats it off of you. Plus you just don't feel hungry when your hot. I agree with Rixstar, it's just part of the natural cycle when you do physical work for a living.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Tue May 28, 2013 3:02 pm

I used to lose appetite during the summer when I was younger. It was a good thing. These days - not so much :(

By the time the kid in your avatar pic goes to college, Finland will probably be warm enough to support a burgeoning banana- and mango-growing industry. You'll experience less hunger all the time and have ample access to fresh tropical fruit. So it's not all bad.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top