PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Watch 3D movies on your regular 2D TV or computer screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Watch 3D movies on your regular 2D TV or computer screen

Post by squatty on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I did it today, without any 3D glasses, or 3D monitor/TV.
Just downloaded a 3D animation movies ("Brave"), and watched it on my old 2D Samsung SyncMaster LCD using VLC player and my eyes, in 3D and unbelievable quality.

3D movies are composed of left and right cameras, weaved together in a single file, side to side.
when you play a 3D movies using VLC, the left and right part are played side by side horizontally.
What I did was stepping back away 5 meters from the LCD, and merge the two sides together using my eyes, the two screens turned to four screens, and then I overlaid two of them on eachother, so I was seeing three screens, one 3D screen at the center, with two 2D screens at its side.
Then once my eyes locked and focused on the 3D overlaid screen, I stepped closed slowly, and sat on my sit, and watched the movie and enjoyed it.
But I tell you my eye muscles are tired, but they will get used to it. I'm not messing with "zonal" muscles (muscles that change the diameter of crystallin, AKA vision focusing muscles) here, that's a bad thing. I'm just messing with muscles responsible to rotate the entire eye orbit.

Normally, both eyes look at the same point, what I did was looking at two different points using each individual eye.
I looked at the right screen with my left eye, and the left screen with my right eye, and my brain merged them together, so I watched it in 3D life it was real life!
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Re: Watch 3D movies on your regular 2D TV or computer screen

Post by Dave on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 pm

For some reason I have quite a hard time seeing those 3D images hidden in patterns.  I've never learned a reliable way to do it, though I've done some eye yoga in the past which probably can only.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:16 am

Forget 3d. Wait for 4k, 8k then 10k resolution tv's. the company I work for helped develop them and they amazing. They have real depth perception and amazing quality. Blows everything today out the water. No need for glasses or anything.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:43 am

How is higher resolution related to depth perception?
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:45 am

Trust me. I've seen it, it just does. The picture is so clear it's like real life and it introduces depth perception trough such a crisp picture.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 am

Well, what keeps them from producing 4k, 8k then 10k resolution 3D TVs?
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:30 am

4k is a different technology to active 3D and is supposed to render it useless as you need glasses with 3D or to be at a certain angle, 4k is supposed to be so crisp n clear it gives you depth perception with no need for glasses and what not. 4k tvs will have passive 3d elements and will remove all issues like resolution drop that happens with 3d. Movies are being filmed in 4k now and its something of the future. 3D can be seen as a Fad or an option, where as 4k will be standard issue.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top