PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Myrmidon has joined the party!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Myrmidon has joined the party!

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Not much to say about myself on here. 27, going on 28. Always been in meh-to-blah shape. Never good shape, by any stretch, but not exactly the kind of person I see that looks like they'd roll better than they'd walk.

I spent a few years studying nutrition and health, and it's been a boon to, well, my health. I eat the right things, avoid the wrong things (except for the occasional indulgence, which I admit), but there's always been something missing when it comes to actually getting into stuff - getting off my lazy ass.

Not much really happens to get one stronger when you go straight from a desk job to flicking on a Nintendo to unwind. And since my childhood friends have always been the same way, I've never had any real workout buddies and, thusly, no inclination to do more than go idly from screen to screen.

Then, I found one at work; Dave - the man himself.

It's hard work, and I'm not always feeling up to it, but I do look forward to it after a hard day's work - lifting, squats, the whole routine just feels...relaxing...after putting in my 10 hours a day dealing with idiots - more so than going home and returning to what I've spent the last 20 years of my life doing.

I'm not planning on doing anything spectacular, I admit. I have no aspirations of Olympics, Guinness, or anything like that. I just want to feel better about my self-image, to be in good enough health to be self-sufficient when I'm older, and to get into a routine that I can take with me when I move out into my nomadic lifestyle...bearing in mind that I have no intents to dead lift my RV :P.

aside; I think this is the longest self-intro blurb I've ever written on a forum...definitely more wiggle room here than the "hi, I'm Myrmidon,and I like video games" of 90% of forums relevant to my interests.

Back to top Go down

Re: Myrmidon has joined the party!

Post by Dave on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Welcome!

Myrmidon wrote:Dave - the man himself.

:oops: :mrgreen::wave:

Myrmidon wrote:It's hard work

Just wait until I move in two weeks... :twisted: 
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GreekPT on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Well, you might tell yourself you have to do X number of _________ (fill in the blank) before you can turn on the Nintendo. And if I knew you better, I'd say you have to do X number of ______ PLUS 100 burpees before going near that Nintendo.

But that will come with time. :)

GreekPT
Wanted for Chococide
Wanted for Chococide

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 am

Welcome Myrmidon.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:28 am

Welcome
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:17 am

Nice PR squatting tonight Myrm. :up: You'll be hitting a 1 x BW squat before you know it.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:56 am

Welcome aboard!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab1 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:51 am

Welcome Myrmidon

I totally get the getting off your lazy ass bit. That to me is still the hardest part, working out is fun.

Two things that run through my mind that helps with motivation is this, the first rep is always the hardes just go out and do one. And the classic forum statement that has changed my life "you are not done when you are tired, you are done when you are finished"

Good luck brother....

PS: nice one Dave!!
Ab1
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:06 am

I missed your intro, sorry. But it looks longer than your stay in the physical fitness arena.
Come back! Your body will love you for it.
That "being self-sufficient when you get older" comes a lot faster than you think!
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Totally missed this, welcome, a very belated one!
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:12 am

Welcome to the forums!

Isn't Myrmidon a dinosaur name?
Madman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content