PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Finding Fitness - Elethor's Log

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Finding Fitness - Elethor's Log

Post by Fatman on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:16 am

Elethor wrote:On a plus, one of the wingers (speedsters on a rugby team) on my team complimented my off the mark speed and asked me how I do it. I have no idea tbh. It just seems I can switch from standing/slow moving to top speed really quick. On the downside though, I am far from being the fastest on the pitch. Maybe more pylometrics would help?

What position are you playing in?
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Fatman wrote:
Elethor wrote:On a plus, one of the wingers (speedsters on a rugby team) on my team complimented my off the mark speed and asked me how I do it. I have no idea tbh. It just seems I can switch from standing/slow moving to top speed really quick. On the downside though, I am far from being the fastest on the pitch. Maybe more pylometrics would help?

What position are you playing in?

Well, I usually start as a lock/second row. More because I am most experienced in that position than anything else. Recently I have been starting at Number 8 a lot, or moving out of second row to number 8 mid game. I can also play a 6 (Blindside Flanker). I've also surprisingly had a start at inside center, and have been forced to move from flanker to blindside wing due to our bench running out of backs (NOT my best day). But yeah, more often than not I am part of the forward pack that enjoys hitting hard and outmaneuvering people who might smash me but can't keep up xD.

Anyways, I had a light workout today. My body still aches from the last one and the weekend session.

MidDay Test I was testing to see if I could do one armed pushups (arnie style, where you lean to the pressing side so you focus more pure strength than all out coordination)
4 OAP's for right arm
4 OAP progressions for left arm. My left is reaaally feeling it.

Night Workout Quick Session I slotted in to see how much I hurt. I still do apparently !
Plank 45 second
Pushups 20 reps
Plank 45 second
Divebomber Pushup 10 reps
Plank 45 seconds
Pushups 20 reps.

My arms already started giving way so I am cutting it short for today.

I also have to mention, will be going to Japan for holiday. Hopefully I don't skip out on too many workouts XD.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

http://instagram.com/moamclothingmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:54 am

[quote="Elethor"]
Fatman wrote:Well, I usually start as a lock/second row. More because I am most experienced in that position than anything else. Recently I have been starting at Number 8 a lot, or moving out of second row to number 8 mid game. I can also play a 6 (Blindside Flanker). I've also surprisingly had a start at inside center, and have been forced to move from flanker to blindside wing due to our bench running out of backs (NOT my best day).

I played front row and flanker and thought I was pretty versatile... you've covered pretty much every position on the team :)
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Fatman wrote:
Elethor wrote:
Fatman wrote:Well, I usually start as a lock/second row. More because I am most experienced in that position than anything else. Recently I have been starting at Number 8 a lot, or moving out of second row to number 8 mid game. I can also play a 6 (Blindside Flanker). I've also surprisingly had a start at inside center, and have been forced to move from flanker to blindside wing due to our bench running out of backs (NOT my best day).

I played front row and flanker and thought I was pretty versatile... you've covered pretty much every position on the team :)

I could only ever play prop in the 10's or 7's game. Wasn't built for it. I mean prop and flanker is a really impressive combo to be honest. Do you still play ? I might want to travel round the world to play rugby for a month or so in each place. Kinda a silly goal but that's the way I love my travel hahaha.

Anyways, I was in Japan the whole week, so I kept to a relatively simple routine.

Daily from Friday to Sunday
50 Pushups a day
10-15KM Walking round

It's not much but atleast I got some things done aye ?

Monday
This was the day I stopped working out (for two days atleast). I never knew Skiing was so physically taxing, I spent an hour on snow shoes walking around this snowy mountain, and about two hours skiing (and forgetting my ski lift coupon the first trip down, worst 250m uphill climb ever).

I am proud to say I am absolute crap at Skiing. I fell down 4 times in order to complete a 250m descent on a relatively gentle slope. But man did I get a good arm, leg and core workout. I still feel like crap and it's going to be Thursday soon. Back to working out on Thursday. Onwards !
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:44 pm

Sorry for the double post !

I got back into the groove today with moderate exercise.

Thursday
Afternoon Session
A1 : Pushups 10
A2: Reverse Pushups (Like back bridge) 5

2 sets

Night Session
Pushups 20 reps x 3 sets
DB Curls (10kg) 12 reps x 5 sets
DB Shoulder Press (10kg) 12 reps x 3 sets

Still too much emphasis on upperbody but I have this mental block telling me lower body exercise is bad cause I have rugby on the weekends. Haha.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Took Friday off because I was still sore from the last session.

Saturday
I had a long list of things to do, so I skipped on working out exclusively, I did however have a one hour session of touch rugby. Emphasis of the day was side steps again. My ankles don't burn as much. I had to slow down midway because someone managed to step on my foot with his steel stud boots, and I took a awkward knock to the chest, threw my breathing off, left me feeling lightheaded.

Sunday
Had a lot of work as well, managed to get to the field for a good hour session of touch. Today I played like crap though, too much bad play from me. Everyone was playing pretty poorly. I eventually got sick of it and played halfheartedly. I guess I do have a fragile heart. :D :D :D

Workout Session
All workouts were done with 10kg Dumbbells, 3 sets, Superset with rest after finishing superset.

Superset 1
A1: Squats
A2: DB Deadlift

Superset 2
B1: Bentover DB Row
B2: DB Shoulder Presses

Superset 3
C1: Tricep Extension
C2: DB Shrug (Backward Rotation)
C3: DB Shrug (Forward Rotation)

I'm starting to feel my left shoulder acting up. It's been 3 or 4 years since I stopped being able to bench press a barbell beyond 40KG. My left shoulder feels painful. No idea anymore of the root cause. I don't experience any pain outside of exercise and only recently do I start feeling like it's a bit stiff.

Also, if you guys didn't notice, it's the first time I did any squats in a loooong while. I wanna get back to slowly working up to pistol squats, but that seems far off. Even the three sets were enough to leave me sweaty.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Quick Update

Pretty sore from the workout yesterday so I kept it simple today.
Exercises
Planks 3 sets @ 45 seconds
No momentum pushups 5 sets @ 10 reps, fifth set 12.

(By no momentum I mean when my chest touches the floor I take both my hands off the ground for a moment to get rid of muscular tension (elasticity?) before launching back up)

Feels good !
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Elethor wrote:Quick Update

Pretty sore from the workout yesterday so I kept it simple today.
Exercises
Planks 3 sets @ 45 seconds
No momentum pushups 5 sets @ 10 reps, fifth set 12.

(By no momentum I mean when my chest touches the floor I take both my hands off the ground for a moment to get rid of muscular tension (elasticity?) before launching back up)

Feels good !
Cool. I've heard those called "dead man" pushups. Definitely takes the Fascia out of the equation and makes you work harder to get back up
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Brahma Bill wrote:
Cool. I've heard those called "dead man" pushups. Definitely takes the Fascia out of the equation and makes you work harder to get back up

Definitely feels a lot harder than regular pushups. I am thinking I might use them more in my routine :)

Quickie Update
Wednesday
Sets of 15, 10, 12. No weights added

Bulgarian Split Squat
Crunches
Divebomber Pushups.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Aka hand release pushups. Pretty awesome way to standardize the movement as well as ensure balanced muscular development between the front and back.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:50 am

Dave wrote:Aka hand release pushups.  Pretty awesome way to standardize the movement as well as ensure balanced muscular development between the front and back.

Definitely gonna make them a more standard part of my workout.

I had a match this week so after Wednesday I took a break from any heavy working out. I did do some pullups on friday though

Friday
GTG Method
Pullups 1 rep x 10 times throughout day.

I need to get that back up to shape

Saturday
Game day, was a friendly. Managed to get in 40 minutes of rugby, moderate to high intensity. Had a few good runs. And I may have knocked my shoulder up again. Ahaha.

Getting back to workout out is delivering quite the number of positives on the rugby pitch. I feel like I am running a lot stronger than usual.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:50 am

Solid workouts Elethor!

Good to see you GTG Pullups, they will increase in no time.  What sort of set up do you have?

Your doing well to be working out between rugby games and training.  I played Half back, Rugby League all throughout my youth until I was about 25.  Between training 2 x a week and game day, I didn't feel that much other training was needed.  Wish I could do that over again :D
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:19 am

Rastaman wrote:Solid workouts Elethor!

Good to see you GTG Pullups, they will increase in no time.  What sort of set up do you have?

Your doing well to be working out between rugby games and training.  I played Half back, Rugby League all throughout my youth until I was about 25.  Between training 2 x a week and game day, I didn't feel that much other training was needed.  Wish I could do that over again :D

Just a regular bar drilled into my door frame. Have had the same one for almost 6 years. Solid piece of equipment really. To be honest if I played league, I probably wouldn't train as much, union is a lot more lax than how hard you lot play. I wish I had a league league here ! You lot are made of steel ! I don't train enough for the sport. I am back on training saturday and sundays, and games on the same day which cancels out training. I gotta make time to get my game up to speed afterall.

At times its hard to train if I am honest, the sores you carry from game day really make you wonder if you can take a break xD.

Anyone here have used Captain Crush Handgrippers ? I am keen on getting some to really buff up my grip strength and forearms. Who knows, I might be able to go for the ball more often.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:08 am

Some One Arm hangs for time work well on the forearms and grip. Use fat bar grips and extra weight when that gets easy.
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am

Elethor wrote:
Anyone here have used Captain Crush Handgrippers ? I am keen on getting some to really buff up my grip strength and forearms. Who knows, I might be able to go for the ball more often.
I've got the COC #T and #1. I made more improvement in my grip strength doing Kettle bell snatches than I did training with the COC.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Rastaman wrote:Some One Arm hangs for time work well on the forearms and grip.  Use fat bar grips and extra weight when that gets easy.

I think at this point I should keep to pull ups first though. I can barely manage 5 seconds on the one arm hang. xD

Brahma Bill wrote:
Elethor wrote:
I've got the COC #T and #1. I made more improvement in my grip strength doing Kettle bell snatches than I did training with the COC.  

I see, so the CoC isn't as good as they're made out to be eh ? Is it still worth investing to have a solid workout when I have other work to do ? Or too pricey for the purpose it serves

Sunday
Off day since everyone was sore a.f from rugby. I am too, my shoulder feels wrecked. Mental note to work it harder to avoid soreness like this. Atleast ROM is fine

Today took a more relaxed workout.
Deadman Pushups 20:20:20
Bodyweight Squats 20:20:20

I am avoiding too much because I have practice tomorrow. Promised the boys we are gonna run a few tackling drills, and work on our lineout lifting.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:27 pm

I like them. I've made progress with them. I might still get a 1.5 one of these days. If I didn't have them I wouldn't have known how much my grip improved from the snatches. But if you don't have a lot of coin, hangs from the bar and lots of heavy one hand swings and snatches will get you there.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Brahma Bill wrote:I like them. I've made progress with them. I might still get a 1.5 one of these days. If I didn't have them I wouldn't have known how much my grip improved from the snatches. But if you don't have a lot of coin, hangs from the bar and lots of heavy one hand swings and snatches will get you there.

I guess I'll have to save up a bit of coin for it then. I reckon it'll be a good investment for testing at the very least.

Anyways, today was a rugby session, mostly touch rugby and some forward drills. Did some line out lifting, felt that I was lacking in strength lifting my mates up for the challenge so I had a separate session later at night to work out.

Monday
Today's workout was based on Darebee.com's Power 25 workout
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basically, 3 sets of every exercise, then next exercise, 20 seconds rest between sets (Not strict, maybe more like 45 for me, and extra for when I changed weight for my dumbbells)

1. DB Alt Curl (10kg) 12:12:12 (6 each side)
2. Tricep Extension (10kg) 6:8:10
3. Alt Front Raise (5kg) 12:12:15 (Half each side)
4. Lateral Raise (5kg) 6:6:6
5. Upright Row (10kg) 6:6:10
6. DB Shoulder Press (10kg) 6:10:12

I didn't really feel sore or tired, but I don't wanna chance it. Recovery can be a fickle thing these days, especially since I had rugger practice in the evening. Should have another run out tomorrow too.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Elethor wrote:Do you still play ?

Nah, I haven't played rugby since high school (i.e. in a very long while).

Traveling the world playing rugby sounds pretty fantastic.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Fatman wrote:
Elethor wrote:Do you still play ?

Nah, I haven't played rugby since high school (i.e. in a very long while).

Traveling the world playing rugby sounds pretty fantastic.

I know, and I don't think anyone has gone and done it yet. Doubt it'd be easy, what with seasons, training's not to skip and et cetera. But I guess the power of social media could be harnessed for this.

Tuesday 10th Feb

Today I had an hour long session of five on five touch rugby. It was the seniors (I was the youngest at 24, the oldest at 40+) against the under 19 kids on a quarter size pitch. We dominated them, but it was one of the most exhausting sessions of touch I've had in a while.

Later I had a short workout to get in a quick boost to my metabolism and muscle building.

All done with 10kg db

DB Swings (Alt arms) 8 reps per arm @ 3 sets
DB Upright Row 12 reps @ 3 sets
DB Bent Over Row 12 reps @ 3 sets.

I got quite a sweat from that, with just a minor stretch out as a warm up. I'm feeling a lot stronger these days, but my belly is bulking lol. Not that I mind much, but my position in rugby generally doesn't have a belly.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:27 pm

10th Feb 2016

Body finally caving after the work effort I put in.

Badminton @ 2 hours (Doubles). 4 teams of two on court. So its about an hour of actual play.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Had a whirlwind week after wednesday, I got really sick so stayed off working out for a bit.

I did play some 7s a side rugby on Saturday, had a good run out. The exercise has really been helping. Sunday I got sick even worse because I didn't properly recover.

Monday
a1) DB Swing @ 10 kg - 8/8 @ 3 sets, 10/10
a2) Pushups @ 20 reps @ 4 sets

b1) DB Upright Row @ 10kg - 12 reps @ 3 sets
b2) Pistol Progressions (First Set Roll, Next two, arm assisted) 3/3 @ 3 sets.

I have a goal to be able to do one pistol squat per leg by march. It seems my main problem is flexibility for the movement, and of course my strength isnt up to par as it used to be. Pointers ?
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Yesterday I KO'd so I didn't work out.

Wednesday 17th Feb

GTG
Levitation Squats (One Leg squats, off leg bent backwards) 3 reps morning, 3 reps evening.

Workout
a1) Levitation Squats : 3 reps x 3 sets
a2) Divebomber/Hindu Pushups (Hindu when I couldn't divebomb : 8 reps x 3 sets

b1) Slick Floor Hamstring Curl : 8 reps x 3 sets
b2) Spiderman Pushups : 10 reps (5 per side) x 3 sets

c1) Crush Grip Goblet Squat (Hands Gripped Around Handle) : 8 reps x 3 sets
c2) DB Swing : 15 reps x 3 sets

Really feeling it in my knees, only my right though. Must be a result of insufficient strength. Also proper divebombers are quick a bomb on your pressing muscles. Hindu's are a lot easier for me.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Thursday 18th Feb
GTG
Pullups Morning and Evening 2 reps.

Workout

a1) Pushups 10:20:10:10:20:10 (Close,Regular,Wide Grip x2)
a2) DB Swing (10kg) 8 reps x 6 sets

b1) Squats 15 reps x 4 sets
b2) Front Bridges 30s x 4 sets.

Still feeling yesterday and probably taking tomorrow off or a light workout, Gameday on Saturday and I wanna be rested
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Friday off. Saturday game day. Got wrecked hard saturday.

Sunday
Too much pain so today was just GTG Pullups
2 reps morning, 2 reps afternoon, 2+1 reps night.

Way too sore still to workout. Cheers !
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Contrast shower time!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:54 am

Dave wrote:Contrast shower time!

Totally ! Haven't gotten round to it but definitely will bring ice into the shower with me tonight :beardy:
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Focusing on strength today

Monday

Preworkout : 3 Pullups

Superset 1 : 12:12:12:10:10 (10kg DB)
a1) DB Swings
a2) DB Tricep Extension

Superset 2: 5:4:3:2:1
b1) One Arm Emphasis Pushup
b2) Levitation Squat (Leg bent backwards)

Superset 3 : 12:10:10 (Lost energy, cut early)
c1) DB Curl and Press (2 10kg DB's)
c2) Clutch Grip Squats (10 KG DB)

**Edited to put weight**
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Still sore from yesterday. Forced it through

Tuesday 23rd Feb
3 pullups, 3 sets throughout day (GTG)

Workout 10 KG DB's
3 Pullups

Set 1 : 12,12,12
A1) DB Swing (One DB)
A2) DB Upright Row

Set 2 : 12,12,12 (6/6 for lunges)
B1) DB Deadlift
B2) DB Sprinter Lunges

Set 3 : 20, 20, 10 (Bodyweight)
C1) Squats
C2) Pushup
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Just can't feel energy today. Maybe I lack sleep

Wednesday 24th Feb

3 Pullups

Set 1: 12 rep x 3 sets
a1) DB Swings
a2) DB Bent Over Rows

Set 2: 6/6 reps x 3 sets (bodyweight)
b1) Spiderman Pushups
b2) Sprinter Lunges
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:36 pm

Maxed out today. Gotta take tomorrow as a break or a super rest day. Couldn't complete the sets I had in mind

Thursday 25th Feb

3 Pullups

Set 1: 2 sets
a1) Pushup Combo (Close/Regular/Wide) 10 reps each
a2) Side Lunges (10 reps per side)

Set 2: 10 reps x 3 sets
b1) One Leg Calf Raises
b2) One Leg Front Calf Raise (Or Shin Raises)

I might need to refuel proper. I caved in the second set of pushups. I just dropped. Haha
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Took Friday off to recoup my energy levels.

Saturday and Sunday

Rugby Training. Saturday worked more on formation play, less tiring. Sunday was a lot of fitness games, I ran a bunch and ached my way into Monday.

Monday I took off to recover from Sunday's ankle pains.

Tuesday 10kg DB/s

Set 1 : 12 reps x 4 sets
a1) DB Swings
a2) DB Tricep Extension

Set 2 : 12 reps x 3 sets
b1) DB Deadlift
b2) Bent Over Rows

Set 3 : 8 reps x 3 sets
c1) DB Side Lunges (8 per side)
c2) Divebomber Pushups (No reverse motion)
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Wednesday 2nd March 2016

Feeling a bit under the weather.

Pull ups 2 x 2

Workout

Circuit 1: 12 reps x 3 sets
a1) DB Swing
a2) DB Upright Row

Circuit 2:
b1) Pushup Circuit ( 8/8/8 ) Close Regular and Wide x 3 sets
b2) Squats: 20 reps x 3 sets
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Been out sick for a bit. Took Thursday off sick and Friday is a rest day.

Saturday
On field training, lots of lifting and physical contact

Sunday
Game day. Played 50 minutes. Focus on running the ball and making big tackles.

Great to note that the exercise and workouts I have been doing have had an effect on my game. Didn't believe it would be this big of an impact though. I felt extremely powerful across the board. Winning breakdowns, breaking tackles and the like. Definitely good motivation to keep going

Monday
Active rest, went to the batting cages today.

Hopefully tomorrow I find the energy to go for a workout. I might be headed to a physio to get my body checked for any kinks that I might have not noticed.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:43 am

Have been out of working out for a bit. Time problems where I've been running between the kinds of work I do and various states of recovery had me knackered.

Tuesday 8th March
Massage (Traditional)
Loosened tight muscles and other injuries

Friday 11th March
Event setup (physical labor) << This counts right ? Haha

Saturday 12th March
Working the event + Touch Rugby

Wednesday 16th March
Badminton

Friday 18th March
GTG Pullups (3 rep sets)

Saturday19th March
Touch Rugby Session

Sunday 20th March
Touch Rugby + Technical Skill Development
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Elethor wrote:Friday 11th March

Sometimes more that an actual workout!

Did your technical involve ladder drills?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:10 pm

Dave wrote:
Elethor wrote:Friday 11th March

Sometimes more that an actual workout!

Did your technical involve ladder drills?

Not exactly, it was more in game training stepping off the feet. I have a rough feel for how the move should go, and though I know I should improve the technique more, I gunned from more embracing of the moment so I can read into the defense better.

Monday 21th March
First day of a full-time job (let's excuse the fact I also am working on a startup, sell insurance and other unmentionables).
Got back early so I figure time to burn some excess energy away !

Pre-Workout
TGU 1/1

Lazy Day Workout (10kg db) 4 sets of 15 reps.
a1) DB Swing
a2) Tricep Extension
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Lazy day workout is better than no workout!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Dave wrote:Lazy day workout is better than no workout!

I gotta avoid making it a habit though for sure !

Tuesday, 22nd March

a1) DB Deadlift 12 reps x 4 sets
a2) DB Bent Over Rows 12 reps x 4 sets

b) DB Curl and Press - 12 reps x 3 sets

____

With that in mind, I show to you... my second lazy day workout. As long as something is happening daily.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Late Work days Wednesday and Thursday, didn't get any work done. Left the office at 9PM.

Friday

Futsal Session (Street Soccer) 90 minutes (rotational subs)

Saturday

Touch Rugby Session : 90 minutes (Limited space as field was being used, no space to train)

Sunday

Rest day, ankles feel hammered. And I've been in the sun too long, I am now.. Two toned.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Finding myself totaled alot these days. Working two portfolios at work with a few side ventures I am trying to develop so I can make money out of. The struggle is real boyss.

Monday
Off day

Tuesday
GTG Pull ups. 3 sets of 3 throughout day

Wednesday
Driving back from work, 200 reps of hand grippers, each hand. Low resistance, not too sure but seems light
Badminton doubles, 4 sets.
15 pushups after each set (5 close/regular/wide)

I think I need to find more fulfilling exercises. More bang for buck in terms of strength that can be done in a short whike
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:32 pm

On the challenge Dave !

Anyways, no workout day. But I did exercise

250 reps of hand grippers. The traffic was a state !!
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:17 am

Good excuse to pump up the forearms! I banged out some reps myself, while at work. My grippers squeak, so someone commented that it sounded like I was on a swing set!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Friday
Just the handgrippers

Saturday
Unpredictable circumstances left me only with time to play some touch footy as I came extremely late. I missed out loaded carries :( :( :(.

Sunday
Off day

Monday
No Workout, 300 reps of the hand grippers per hand.
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Gripper reps are for both hands

Tuesday
Just the normal grippers, 250 reps today

Wednesday/b]
200 calf raises in shower (50 reps different foot position, close straight, close v, wide, wide v)
250 reps grippers

[b]Thursday

Hated the jam today. 400 reps grippers

Finally got in a small workout.

Circuit 1: 15 reps x 3 sets
a) DB Swings
b) DB Tricep Extensions

Circuit 2: 12 reps x 3 sets
a) DB Curl and Press

Circuit 3: 12 reps x 3 sets
a) Upright Rows
b) Forward shrugs
c) Backward shrugs
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:52 am

Elethor wrote:

I'd hate to shake your hand... you'll have a grip of steel the way your going!
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:40 am

Rastaman wrote:
Elethor wrote:

I'd hate to shake your hand... you'll have a grip of steel the way your going!

Ahah ! Hopefully ! I have new grippers as part of my wishlist. I want to get some of them heavy grippers and become a grip master (cause other workouts are hard to squeeze in)
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Elethor on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Friday
400 Reps on the grippers. Bad day of traffic.

Saturday
One hour solid touch session
30 minutes of technical rugby (line out and scrummage). Does that count as a loaded carry ?? hahaha

Sunday
Game Day
60 minutes game time, One try scored and several clean line breaks.
Also the grippers are doing wonders for ball contests in the tackle. Defo want to grow even more in that regard.

Monday
300 reps on the grippers

Tuesday
200 Reps on the grippers (late day at the office, no traffic on my way home

Man I am exhausted. And another game coming up Saturday xD
Elethor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Nice to hear the grippers are turning out to be a practical training tool for you!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top