PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Mike, DIY Dit-Da-Jow vs. commercial made?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mike, DIY Dit-Da-Jow vs. commercial made?

Post by Dave on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:47 am

I can simply buy some from a place like ditdajow.com or I can try to hunt down all the herbs for my own jow in town, or online if they're scarce (and possibly pay for shipping anyway), then pay for a bottle of vodka and spend the man hours to make my own jow, with the likelihood that it will turn out to be subpar compared to the site's jows anyway.

I mean the jow that you sent me was a good deal stronger than the batch I cooked up.  I tended to use my own jow for regular training sessions and broke out yours when I had more serious recovery needs.  Liquid recovery in a dark glass bottle.  I really miss that stuff!

Any thoughts at all Mike?
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mike, DIY Dit-Da-Jow vs. commercial made?

Post by itlives on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Funny you bring this up. I just used some yesterday (and today). I busted up my shin pretty good kicking the heavy bag. It was a toughen -up session for the shins. It worked - both the session and the dit-da-jow.

I've never bought any. I've always made mine or got it from my kung fu buds.
I know someone living in Houston right by Chinatown. I can send them the formula and get the herbs if you want. Or, maybe I need to take a trip!

If I were to buy it, I would go to East Earth Tradewinds and see what kind they have. Some are for more deep tissue than just bruises. Some are for ligaments such as what you'd want for Iron Palm training. I think mine is good enough for the deep tissue.

Here ya go. This is the first time I've seen it offered like this-
http://www.eastearthtrade.com/ditdajowherbmixture.aspx
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Thanks for the input Mike. Why East Earth? What have you heard or read that makes you suggest them?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:51 am

I've bought a lot of herbs from them and they are always fresh and exactly what you order. Also, the prices are reasonable.
If you know of another supplier of herbs or have a local shop, by all means support them - especially local. I'm a big believer in buying local if they are small (not chains) and not jerks.
From my experience, most Asians are decent hardworking people (legal, too).
Did I ever send you the recipe I use?
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

You did, but that was a number of moves ago. Feel free to send it again if you have it translated to English. I never ended finding anyone who could decipher it.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Give me some time, I'll can't remember if I have the English or not.
Have to go digging!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top