PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

"Involuntary" training breaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Involuntary" training breaks

Post by Glinda on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

A little over every three weeks or so, my life seems to explode in ways that make it difficult to train on target. It does seem to very loosely correlate with a certain time of month, but it does seem that these weeks are filled with sorer muscles, exhaustion that isn't solved by sleep at night, personal obligations multiplying and generally watching about 5 days slip by with nothing done.

For instance, this week, my parents came to town and there were travel difficulties I was needed to help with, plus visit time (because they're my parents after all), catching up on financial issues, going out of town for an interview, sleep blown to hell, occasional migraines and um, cramps. I'm thinking I'll be able to make it out to the gym tomorrow, but today, I still need to get some gardening time in, some more time with my parents and I'm looking around my apartment and wondering what storm blew in and made it look crazy?

So, should I just plan for periods with a break? Or commit myself to mini-workouts that I can fit in when ever? I seem to be dealing with two different feelings - exhaustion from stress/maybe hormones and a sense that when the social/family obligation boom falls, I feel that my workouts are selfish and take away from other more "important" tasks. Something I don't feel I should note, the three other weeks, when I can clearly see/feel that workouts feed my energy for the rest of the day.

Glinda
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Re: "Involuntary" training breaks

Post by Dave on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Just do easy movements through a full range of motion, stuff that will reenergize you and not take a lot of energy. Why not get on that bio-energietic warmup as your off day training? Maybe just do it longer than you normally would.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trainingforlife on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Bur-pees, enough said. I know I am going to sound like a dick,but thats nothing new. If there is a will there is a way. If you have time to visit you have time to train. Maybe not like you want, but something is better than nothing. If you travel from A-B there was time before bed, time before interview and time before you had to be back to A. If you have taking time to watch any 30 min tv show you had time to train, if you took time to make this thread you had time to train.

Max reps of bur-pees is a great workout regardless of lack of time. At the CrossFit Games they did 7 minutes of Bur-pees the reps were in the 140+ range, so no excuses.

trainingforlife
Masterful
Masterful

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoK7PpW9-MZvpiFtiuYVtLg

Back to top Go down

Post by Glinda on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 pm

So scheduling, planning for a less powerful time and listening to the body appear to be key. Another friend suggest that taking iron supplements during this time can help as well. Works for her, anyways. And yes, Dave, I think that extending that warm up might help - maybe "reset" things, so to speak?

Yes, excuses do get in the way of everything, but I'm still not sure on my traveling day when I would have exercised. In bed at midnight, up at 6am, drove 4.5 hours to job interview, spend two more hours in a city I didn't know and then drove back through a chaotic universe of thunderstorms (plural), fog, night time construction and a major highway incident, arriving home shortly before midnight. So, not sure when I would have worked out.

Glinda
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top