PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Workout music help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Workout music help

Post by Dave on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:58 pm

I was wondering if you'd like to share with me some songs and pieces of music that would be useful for boot camps. Just keep one thing in mind when making suggestions: This is for my boot camps and obviously I'm not going to play music with cursing in it. That being said, what songs do you know that fit my needs so I can add them to my list?

Final Countdown
Rocky Themes
Popular metal and hard rock songs

What else? I don't listen to much music anymore so I'm a bit out if it. I just remember these being in the "cardio karate" mixed tape that we followed back when I was a young'un.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Workout music help

Post by Rix on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:22 pm

RnB:
-Fortminor, remember the name
-50 cents (some songs)
-mimms, like this
-twista, art and life
-lloyd banks, hands up
-Eminem (some songs)
-36mafia, its a fight

Rock:
-limb bizcuit
-all that remains
-atreyu
-stemm, face the pain
-blue stahli
-FFDP
-guns n roses
-black stone cherry
-RATM
-hollywood undead
-killswitch
-beastie boys

and most dubstep and db that is nice and repetitive
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:58 pm

So there you have some hard rock, alt. metal, pop metal, heavy metal, punk and rock strings, dubstep, and it's all ear-friendly, hah. Most of those groups are pretty 'clean', too, if you check out their other stuff. The last one is by far my favorite running song, when I do run (which is like once a year)--sets a solid 6.00-6.30 min/mile pace.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Chevelle - "Face to the Floor" has been getting it done for me lately
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:20 pm

I think you'd be safe with AC/DC, Aerosmith, old Metallica, Megadeath,Iron Maiden,
it's all old and somewhat clean, pretty accessible stuff.

If I walk into an establishment and they're playing Black Eyed Peas, then that's my queue to leave.
so pop is something I wouldn't use.

Country music is unacceptable imo, as well as rap (even if you can find clean stuff)
Tempo is usually too slow, and lyrical themes are too specific (that's why I don't listen to them)

Techno/dance without lyrics can be good sometimes, but also very feminine. some may dislike.

Almost all people will dislike metal, dunno why, but they do. :shrug: 

Kalmah aint that bad, if you pick faster songs for workouts.

Tordah-
Madman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Never heard Kalmah before. The vocals are not my style, but I could grit through them. The music was awesome! Aris, I listened to your 6 min/mile song and quite enjoyed it actually.

And Bill, anything I've heard by Chevelle has been really good. In fact I used to cover "In the Red", or whatever song says "seeing red again" in it. Might even still be able to play the main riff...
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Anyway, thanks Rix, Jman, Bill and Madz, I'll be picking through this list over the next couple weeks. Anything else anyone wants to throw in I'll check it out.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top