PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Dark chocolate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dark chocolate

Post by zuppi86 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 pm

I know it's rich in antioxidants, but it sure tastes like crap. I'm talking about 99%
Am I supposed to mix it with something else? I ate a plain square and it took away all my saliva. I went down to 90% and it was barely edible. I think 85% is as far as I go. What about you?

zuppi86
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark chocolate

Post by Dave on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:41 pm

You have to get good chocolate.  Stuff you find in WalMart and 7 Eleven is going to be inordinately loaded with sugars and syrups designed to addict you and mess up your teeth.  I'm not really into the hype and marketing behind its MLM engine, but I will admit that I tried Xoçai chocolate and found it to be simply phenomenal, with no hint of that "I need another piece" phenomenon that most confectionery nowadays seems to be able to produce in our brains.  And get this - it actually felt GOOD for my teeth!

So you need to find something like that.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 pm

I would think un-sugared chocolate would be for cooking. I can buy dark choclate bars here that have enough sugar to be palatable but nothing like Hershey's.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:35 pm

I had a 99 % organic one lately - it was for eating. After going through it, I found it almost tasty.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Even dark chocolate like Lindt 70% cacao has way less sugar than your typical chocolate bar like a Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar.  I use 70% as the example because it's my favorite (thus far).  It has the right balance of strong and bitter with just a little tiny bit of sweetness.  Also goes well with the right glass of red wine.

But anyways, I looked up the nutritional information on the Lindt and compared to a Hershey's bar.  You guys can check it out if you like, here and here.

So the Lindt works out to be about .27 grams of sugar per gram of the bar, and the Hershey's bar turns out to be about .56 grams of sugar per gram of the bar.

So, even if you decide to indulge, I think you can feel pretty guilt free about something light like 70% cacao.

Jon
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 am

I can get 75% dark chocolate, label says no suggar added but I dont know
I eat that with some low GI fruit like apples and feel good after

shouldnt I eat that?
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Is this for indulgence or for the antioxidants? I wouldn't agree with both answers, no offence of course, just me personally would get my antioxidants from berries and broccoli, then if I wanted to indulge I would go for a the most tastiest bar of Choco I could. If I'm gonna give in to extra cals and sugar, I wanna do it right ;)
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:05 pm

dont know I was looking for some good fat/protein choice for snack and I eat nuts with other meals so chocolage looked like good alternative

berries are hard to get, quite expensive and season for some home grown is almost over
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Peanut butter for fats and broccoli for antioxidants. One tablespoon of peanut butter is roughly 4 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:27 pm

yea I can get enough fat through eggs, nuts and meat and cottage cheese

so dark chocolate is ok? even if 74% only, I found 85% at most but its almost 2x that price
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Well not to me it's not lol but IIFYM.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Rix wrote:Peanut butter for fats and broccoli for antioxidants. One tablespoon of peanut butter is roughly 4 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat.

Recipe for awesome.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Should try peanut butter chicken if you like the sound of that Dave. You will be weirdly surprised.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 am

last time I did peanut butter with curd, fat bomb for breakfast with IF :D although it was 70-100g of peanut butter and 200g curd
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 am

Rix wrote:Should try peanut butter chicken if you like the sound of that Dave. You will be weirdly surprised.
I don't just like the sound of it, I have done it many times! And always open to new ideas.  Thanks!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyD on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Going back to the start, I discovered raw organic cacao recently, I mix it in with cereal, fruit, in shakes and you can make a really nice healthy dessert of cacao, avocado and honey all whizzed up into a mousse like texture, you could even put in some unflavoured grass fed whey protein and you got yourself a little bowl of goodness !! (cinnamon sprinkled on top for taste and more healthy goodies)
johnnyD
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top