PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Student of Strength and Mind

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3/7/2013

Post by FlipEsSorry on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Warm Up: 10 m jump rope + stretching

Handstand Practice

Pushups x 10
+Hindu Squats x 10
+Planks x 25s - 30s x 5
+V-Ups x 9, 7, 7, 7, 6
Circuit done 10x in ~20 minutes.

Notes:
10 minutes of jump rope was sloppy, and even winded me a little :shocked:.Pushups were the hardest part of this circuit. 70% of the pushups were wide grip, elbows flaring out; room for improvement. The v-ups and planks were done alternating every round. Pushups didn't bother elbow, I think separating push days and pull days is the best way to go about easing back into it.

On another note, my arms were SORE from the previous workout. Where the forearm meets with the elbow - don't know the muscles name - was extremely sore, DOMS for sure. Potty flops have been abundant as well. It's time to really gonna kick my ass back into shape, the smart way.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

http://www.mountainproject.com/u/dylan-grabowski//110182113?acti

Back to top Go down

Re: Student of Strength and Mind

Post by itlives on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Good to see you back working it!
Probably the rows made the doms.
Nice aint it? Let's you know you're alive! :nod:
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:07 pm

itlives wrote:
Nice aint it? Let's you know you're alive! :nod:

I agree 100%.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

3/11/13

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 pm

BW Rows x 5
Lunges x 10 (5/leg)
Plank x 30s
Chinups x 2
Sprint x Basketball Court

Done 7x.

EDIT:
I need to get to where I was a year and a half ago, training was just a part of my life. I need to get back into the habit. So, I'm setting a goal that's performance based and quantitative. That's to workout three times a week, for 12 weeks. Active lifestyle things don't count i.e. bicycling, snowboarding, basketball, long walks. I need to train strength through BW again, and get back on the path to being a finely tuned machine. I've put mass on, but need to lose some dead weight.

The challenge: workout 3x a week for 12 weeks.

End of edit.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

3/15/2013

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Warm Up: 10 minutes Jump Rope

Stretch

Handstand Practice

Training: (all done as a super set, so pushups, then v-ups, then squats equals one round)
Close Grip Pushups x 8, 7, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7
+ V-Ups x 7, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
+ Hindu Squats x 20, 14, 14, 14, 15, 16, 15, 12, 12, 15

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

3/18/2013; Week 1 - Session 1

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Warm Up: 10 minutes Jump Rope

Stretch

Handstand Practice

Training: (two separate super sets today)
Neutral Grip Pullups x 5, 5, 4, 4, 4
+ Assisted Pistols x 2, 2, 2, 3, 3
BW Lunges x 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
+ BW Rows x 6, 5, 5, 5, 5

More Handstand Practice

Weight: 194.2 lbs

Notes:
Last week I only got 2 workouts in, so I'm starting the 12 week challenge this week. It was either that, or start the challenge with 2/3 workouts, and aim at getting a 13th week with 3 workouts. I'd rather just start off on a good note.

The BW Lunges were 1 rep per leg, so I really did 14 total reps, then 16, then 18 and so on.

I figured I'd mix-up the training a little today, and just do smaller supersets, and less sets. The pull's felt pretty darn good, I'm sure I could have gritted out a few more sets of 5, but didn't want to push it too much as I'm just getting back into things.

Also, I'm going to start weighing myself every day after a session. I seem to currently be balancing between 194 and 200 lbs. I'd like to fluctuate between 190 and 196 with minimal muscle loss and optimal fat loss. BW exercise has done well for me in the past. Plus, it's not too much weight to lose, I'd just like to trade some bad weight for good weight.

Oh yea, and the second round of practicing handstands today was SOLID. I was holding upright positions, balanced for 10 seconds multiple times. I'm also quite capable of walking on my hands, I may start doing this more often to get better muscle memory.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

3/21/2013 Week 1 - Session 2

Post by FlipEsSorry on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Warm Up: 10 minutes jump rope

Stretch

Handstand Practice

Circuit:
Pushups: 10 (close grip), 8 (c), 7 (c), 10 (regular grip), 9 (r), 10 (wide grip), 10 (r) , 10 (w), 8 (r)
Hindu Squats: 15 x 9
V-Ups x 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 5
-or-
Plank x 30s, 30s, 25s

Weight: 197.4 lbs

Notes:
Set the timer for 20 minutes today to time how many rounds I could fit in. Nine was the total number. The elbow is holding up well; I massage it randomly and wrap it up for a few minutes of mobility exercises after training.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Session 3

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Warm Up: 1.1 mile jog

Stretches

Training (all sets done randomly throughout session):
Handstands x 8
Pullups x 4(pull up grip), 3(chin up grip), 3(mixed grip), 3(m), 3(neutral grip), 3(c), 3(ng), 3(ng), 3(ng)
Assisted Pistols x 2/leg, 2/leg, 2/leg
Ab exercises x 2 to max

Weight: 198.7 lbs

Notes:
I've got to start stretching my lower back, glutes, and hamstrings more. I've got a pinched nerve that runs down the entirety of my leg. Man, I feel like a f%$#*&g mess. I've got an elbow injury I am currently healing, a shoulder injury I'm constantly trying not to re-injur, and now this nerve issue. Geeze. Anyways, I spoke with a friend who had a similar issue and received some advice; I will calm down on compression exercises, handstands and maybe squats if I must. But, I was able to get Week One done and in the bag!

11 more to go.

Last edited by FlipEsSorry on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Defer to the nerve pain. It is indicative of bad things to come if you don't. Maybe a few Chiro sessions are in order?
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:36 pm

I totally agree, I've never been to a chiro before, so I don't know what to look for. How much should they cost? What is indicative of a chiro who knows their $#!t? This nerve issue is definitely NOT going to go unnoticed or ignored.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

A chiro who knows his $#!+ is one who explains the process, includes warmups and cooldowns where you actually move your own body, rather than simply lie on a table with a heat pad applied, and does not look at you funny when you ask questions - ANY questions. He (or she) will tell you what to expect out of treatment, and when treatment can be expected to be discontinued if all goes well.

Dr. Ian Horseman was that chiro for me, and Dr. Keith Thomson was the opposite. Thomson did not explain the process, did not lay out a road map of what to expect and how long he felt treatment should take, all he told me was "You should be coming in 2-3 times every week". And then he even tried to make me pay for my first treatment, when it had been implied that the first was an introductory gratuity. :rant:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

I've been to about 5 different Chiropractors. There is definitely a difference, like Dave says.
I would start asking everybody you interact with the name of a good one. Even people on an elevator will give an honest assessment if they have a good (or bad) experience with a Chiro.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Sorry to hear of your troubles Flip. As said, I'd look to get that nerve issue sorted by a professional.

Regarding the elbow/shoulder issues- weren't you a good bit lighter back in the BWC days?

Maybe your body isn't used to pushing/pulling the extra weight?
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:45 pm

It's all good TMK, I'll just have to find a prof in the area.

Yeah, I weigh about 195-200 now, I was weighing in between 175 and 185 a little while back. Then I started weight training and opening up my diet and gained a little bit of weight.

I would assume my body isn't use to the weight, which is why I'm aiming at shedding a couple of lbs as well.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Session 1

Post by FlipEsSorry on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Stretch

Circuit: done 10x.
Pushups x 12(close), 10(c), 10(c), 10(c), 10(c), 10(c), 10(c), 10(regular), 10(r), 10(r).
+ Mason twists x 30 x 10
+ Plank x 30s x 10
+ Jump rope x 1m x 10

Weight: 194.8 lbs

Notes:
These close grip pushups are starting to feel stronger and stronger. Pretty soon, I'll be doing sets of 15! Also, this is the lightest I have weighed since beginning to record my weight after training sessions. Not bad, I had lunch already today too, so there is some food adding to the weight!

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Session 2

Post by FlipEsSorry on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Jump Rope x 10 minutes

Stretch

Pull ups x 5(pullups), 5(neutral grip), 5(ng), 4(chinups), 3.5(ng)
+Plank x 40s, 40s, 35s, 40s, 35s

BW Rows x 5, 6, 5, 5, 5
+BW Lunges x 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg

Core Circuit: Done 3 x (different amounts of reps though)
Mason Twists x 10, 10, 10
+Leg Lifts x 10, 8, 9
+Plank x 25s, 30s, 30s
+Jump Rope x 1 minute

Weight: 192.9

Notes:
Ahhh, glad to have gotten this one "over with." Today was "one of those days" when I was not "feeling it." We have all been there, and the majority of us on this website fight through that nonsense. I am glad to report I did too. Actually, I feel like I am getting back into the training groove, taking no B.S. from my inner-doubter, and forging on! ::lion's roar::

On a side note, no chiro yet, been stretching the leg and laying off "compression exercises," which, is basically handstands. The nerve is feeling better day by day, I try and stretch it light on non-training days, and a little more/heavier on training days. I fear handstands may be a culprit, I did one today and felt the nerve pinch a bit. It was not painful, but I felt some agitation from the inverted movement.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Session 3

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Stretch

Close Grip Pushups x 14, 10, 9, 9, 9

Hanging Knee Raises (top dip position) x 10, 10, 10

Circuit: 5 rounds
Pushup x 10
+KB Swings x 25 lbs x 10
+Mason Twists x 15/side
+1 minutes jump rope

Stretch

Weight: 192.4

Notes:
Kind of went in with no agenda today and this is what I came up with. I'm still continuously stretching the glute and hammies and quads and lower back to get this nerve issue sorted out. It seems to be working, still no headway on the chiro. Been a very active weekend, so this session really just put the icing on the cake. I'm looking forward to a day of rest.

P.s. Today's weight was taken with nothing but water and red bull in my stomach.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Not bad, Flips, not bad!
Keep it up and weight down and you'll probably see those pains go away 8)
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 pm

itlives wrote:Not bad, Flips, not bad!
Keep it up and weight down and you'll probably see those pains go away 8)

Itlives,

Thank you, sir! As you mention the weight, I am researching a raw food diet/detox sort of thing. I'm toying with going on a 10-day detox, but still need more information on types of food and a plan and what not.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 pm

Good luck with that Flip. I think the diet is the hardest thing to change if you need to. Heck, I just want to change it and am having a hard time.
I'm just trying to knock simple sugars out and do more of the paleo thing. My joints feel a lot better when I keep off excessive carbs.
Do you have a juicer? It works great to get the good live stuff in you!
I've been juicing leafy veggies and adding a little fruit to make it palatable. It's goood!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Session 1

Post by FlipEsSorry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Stretches

Neutral Grip Pullups x 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
+ HKRs (top dip position) x 8, 8, 8, 6, 7, 8

BW Rows x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
+BW Lunges x 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg

Core Circuit done 4x.
V-Ups x 10
+ Mason Twists x 10/side
+ 30s alternating side plank
+ Leg lifts x 8
+ 1 minute jump rope

Weight: 195.9

Notes:
S#!* session: pulls felt weak, core circuit wasn't very smooth, felt like I should've done more variety in exercises. Didn't drop in weight (fluctuates I know, but still). Just not a good "feeling" training session today, but I got in there...
Enough complaining.

itlives wrote:Good luck with that Flip. I think the diet is the hardest thing to change if you need to. Heck, I just want to change it and am having a hard time.
I'm just trying to knock simple sugars out and do more of the paleo thing. My joints feel a lot better when I keep off excessive carbs.
Do you have a juicer? It works great to get the good live stuff in you!
I've been juicing leafy veggies and adding a little fruit to make it palatable. It's goood!

Itlives, diet sure is a pain in the butt. I feel like I'm getting it more and more in check again, but it's still tough phasing out some things. Like sandwiches, I love sandwiches. And, rice and beans. I love those things too. A little bit at a time.

I don't have a juicer but grew up with one, that thing was AWESOME. I should get one, they're a tad bit expensive these days, no?

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:01 pm

You should be able to find a juicer for ~$30.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Session 2

Post by FlipEsSorry on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Stretch

Circuit done 10x:
Diamond Pushups x 10
Hindu Squats x 10
Mason Twists x 15
Planks x 30s
Jump Rope x 1 minute

Burpees x 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 5

Foam Roller and Stretch

Weight: 191.9 lbs

Notes:
This one got me sweating, a little more intensity and I would have been drenched; most likely would have happened if I were to throw burpees into the circuit. I'll wait a few more weeks to add burpees to that circuit, don't want to overtrain myself... I really enjoy these push workouts more than the pull workouts, something about this must be done. I used the foam roller for about 5 minutes today on the part of my legs that's causing the nerve issue, I could feel the difference when I was done. I've been stretching this area daily, randomly throughout the day for the past week.

The search for the juicer continues.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Yeah, that is a good circuit!
My juicer-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I did spend a lot more for it than a lot of others. I bought this type because a lot of them run so fast (they heat up) that they actually kill the enzymes in the fresh, raw food. That is not what you want.
Ours was our Christmas gift to each other 2 years ago.
Amazon has a bunch. Just do your research!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMasterKey on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 pm

To add another option, this is the juicer I have...

Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor

Cost is $59. From what I've read, it's a good "beginners" juicer.

I need to use mine more often.
TheMasterKey
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Bonus Session

Post by FlipEsSorry on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Jog 2.15 miles.

Notes:
I felt antsy after work today, but didn't want to risk overtraining. So, I decided to go for a jog around the local park. From my house, around the park, and back was "2.17 miles" using this calculator: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was a little surprised that I had to stop jogging and walk a little bit of the session, but not 100% shocked, as I rarely jog. Outdoor jogging is WAY different that jogging on a treadmill.

Anyways, it was a nice little bonus session, which got the heart rate up.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 am

Sounds like a good time. :) How was the weather? It was nice here today, if still a little chilly. The sun poked out a fair bit.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:Sounds like a good time. :) How was the weather? It was nice here today, if still a little chilly. The sun poked out a fair bit.

It was a very nice jog, the weather was 74 and sunny. It was freakin' gorgeous! Now, off to the gym. Will post again when I'm back. It's pull day!

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Session 3

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Warm Up: 10 minutes jump rope.

Stretch

Cuban press (bands) x 6, 6, 6

Neutral Grip Pullups x 6, 5, 5, 5, 4
+HKRs (forearm support) x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

BW Rows x 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
+BW Lunges x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Core Circuit done 3x.
Plank x 30s
Left side plank x 15s
Right side plank x 15s
Bridge (shoulder blades on ground) x 30s

Notes:
Forgot to weigh myself, feeling very light today though. All I had before this session was water and red bull. It was a decent pull session, I am happy because all my numbers went up, and the heartbeat was up the majority of the session. Week 3 done!

Last edited by FlipEsSorry on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

HRKs?

FlipEsSorry wrote:Forgot to weigh myself

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to post my weight in my log today.

It was a very nice jog, the weather was 74 and sunny. It was freakin' gorgeous!

:jealous:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am

Glad one of us got to!

HRKs is a typo, I meant to write HKRs, which is of course Hanging Knee Raises.

Don't be jealous, Denver weather is absolutely insane! It's a high of 64 today, with an expected 6" - 12" of snow over night! Gotta love it.

On a side note, I woke up this morning with the elbow feeling a little tender. So, today at the gym, I will keep my eye on this. Other than it being a "push day," not sure what the game plan will be when I walk in there.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Session 1

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Warm Up: 1 mile jog [treadmill]

Stretch

3 rounds of each circuit and one round of the last:
A1.) Close Grip Pushups x 16, 13, 12
A2.) Hindu Squats x 26, 22, 25
A3.) V-ups x 12, 10, 10

B1.) Hindu Pushups x 8, 8, 8
B2.) BW Lunges x 11/leg, 11/leg, 11/leg
B3.) Mason Twists x 15/side, 15/side, 15/side

C1.) Regular Pushups x 12, 13, 13
C2.) Step Ups (~ 2 ft) x 10/leg, 10/leg, 10/leg
C3.) Plank x 40s, 50s, 40s

D1.) Wide Grip Pushups x 12
D2.) Jumping Squats x 10
D3.) Bridge (shoulder blades on ground) x 40s

Weight: 198.4

Notes:
When I woke up this morning the elbow was a little tender most likely from the previous "pull session." I don't know what the hell is wrong with it, but geeze, I'm starting to feel old. Anyways, it doesn't feel much more strained after todays session, so I'm happy. I'm going to buy a lacrosse ball and do trigger therapy on that area to get these little kinks out.

Weight was up because yesterday I ate and drank like a king. :chef: It was well worth it, but today I feel sluggish. A day or two of my regular diet will fix that. I think that's all for now.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Session 2

Post by FlipEsSorry on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Warm up: 11 minutes of jump rope.

Stretch.

Pulls (done throughout the session) [mixed grips] x 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3

DB Swings x 25 lbs x 10, 10, 15
+Mason Twists x 15, 15, 20

HKRs (forearm supported position) x 10, 12, 13
+Hindu Squats x 20, 25, 35
+Plank x 45s, 40s, 45s

BW Lunges x 12, 12, 12
+Bridge (shoulder blades on ground) x 30s, 35s, 40s

Squat Jumps x 10, 12, 14
+Side Plank x 15s left/15s right, 20s/20s, 20s/20s

Weight: ~196

Notes:
Elbow is still a little 'soft' so I decided to stay away from a lot of movements involving that arm. I couldn't stay away from pull-ups, though the elbow feels the same as it did before the session. So, maybe I didn't overdo the pull-ups. Also, happy that I was able to add total reps in comparison to last session.

I leave for Chicago on Friday, and return Thursday. I'll be able to get week 4 session 3 done on Friday, but next week will be tricky. They may have to be short and simple routines. We'll see.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Good one Flips.

That's a good volume of pulls. Your elbow must be getting better!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Session 3

Post by FlipEsSorry on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Warm Up: 10 minutes jump rope.

Stretch

Circuit done 5x:
+Plank x 40s
+Mason Twists x 10/side
+Jumping Squats x 10
+Bridge (shoulder blades on ground) x 40s
+Leg Flutters x max
+BW Lunges x 10/leg
+Jump Rope x 1 minute

Weight: 192.5

Notes:
Well, the elbow isn't in PAIN but, I can feel a nagging little ting, so, I'll just avoid pushups for a while (as they seem to bother it the most) and keep the pull-ups around this volume. I'll just keep focussing on core, legs, and cardio for the next week or so, until the elbow feels like it can handle some more work. The pinched nerve in the leg is coming along great! I've cut handstand out (as they were compressing the body) and started stretching that area out a lot more. The nerve is still saying, "HEY!," but, the stretching is really working miracles. I leave for Chicago today, and will not return until Thursday. So, I will continue on my 12 week plan of training 3 times a week; it's imperative I get at least one session in while on the travel trip. I'm not worried, I just purchased a jump rope, so it should be fine.

itlives wrote:Good one Flips.

That's a good volume of pulls. Your elbow must be getting better!

Thanks for noticing, ItLives! The elbow is getting better in the sense that I understand when to rest it. Other than that, it's still a minor issue that must always be paid attention.

Once I get back from Chicago, I'm going to schedule an appointment with a chiro, and discuss my injuries and how to better them!

EDIT:
I also bought a lacrosse ball to do trigger point therapy on the afflicted elbow!

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Session 1

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Warm Up: 5 minutes Jump Rope

Stretch

Circuit #1 done 5x.
3m jump rope
+Plank x 45s
+Bridge (shoulder blades on ground) x 45s
+ 25 lb KB swings x 12

Circuit #2 done 4x.
3m jump rope
+Mason twists x 15/side
+KB side lifts (oblique exercise) x 25 lbs x 15/side
+BW Lunges x 12/leg

Weight: 194.8

Notes:
Had a blast in Chicago, I really love that city. What with the conference and seeing of friends, I made no time for discipline, so I have to weigh all my sessions in at the end of the week. Session 1 was done two days ago and for session 2....

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Session 2

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Pull-ups done GTG-style throughout a 50 minute period:

5 pull-ups
4 pull-ups
6 chin-ups
5 pull-ups
5 chin-ups
5 pull-ups
5 pull-ups
5 chin-ups
3 wide grip pull-ups
3 wide grip pull-ups
4 chin-ups

50 total.

Notes:
Well, I am hesitant to call this session 2 for the week, but, it will have to do. I decided to do GTG pulls instead of a run, because tomorrow I'll be doing a little more intense of a session, and didn't want to burn myself out. Happy to get session 2 in on Saturday, so that the 12 week program may continue. Discipline? Right here. Now to go sell shirts and make some extra ca$h.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Session 3

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Treadmill: Jog 2.5 miles in 30:00 (some walking interspersed).

Core Circuit done 3x.
+Plank x 45s
+Bridge (shoulder blades on ground) x 45s
+Mason Twists x 15/side
+V-ups x 6
+KB Side Lifts x 30lbs x 10/side
+KB Swings x 30lbs x 10

Weight: 192.2

Notes:
Happy to have kept the three sessions a week alive. On to week 6!

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Session 1

Post by FlipEsSorry on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Jog: 2 miles. Mile 1 @ 6.5 mph; Mile 2 @ 7 mph.

Circuit done 3x.
Pull-ups x 6, 5 (mixed grip), 5 (mixed grip)
+Mason Twists x 20/side
+KB Side Lifts x 25 lbs x 15/side

Pull-ups x 5 (chin-ups), 5 (neutral grip), 3 (p), 2(ng)

Pushups x 20

Weight: 197.0 lbs

Notes:
I'm satisfied with the jogging today, didn't stop at all once during the 2 miles. I will be doing more jogging for the meantime, I believe jumping rope is irritating my elbow. Other than that, I'm not that satisfied with today's session; small circuit, low amount of pulls, and weigh 197! Oh well, can't win 'em all. Here's to beginning week 6.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Session 2

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Jog: 1.75 miles @ 7.0 mph; .25 miles @ 7.5 mph.

Then, done in no particular order what so ever...
Push-ups x 12 (close grip), 13 (regular grip), 10 (r), 11 (r), 12(r)
Pull-ups x 5 (pull), 5 (neutral grip), 4 (rock grip), 4 (ng), 4 (chins), 3 (ng), 3 (mixed grip), 3 (m), 4 (ng)
Pistols x 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Plank x 1m, 1m, 1m, 1m, 1m
Dip x 10, 5

Totals:
Push = 58 reps
Pull = 35 reps
Pistols = 9 reps per leg
Plank = 5 minutes
Dip = 15 reps

Notes:
I did this one yesterday afternoon and I'm feeling a little sore today! Nice! I really enjoyed that one, and the elbow seems to have not been affected either. I'm beginning to think the culprit for the bothered elbow is the jumping rope. It will be nice to take some time off, I haven't been putting as much time into my running since 2008/09. Also, half of the pistols were unassisted! I guess all the BW squats and lunges helped get me over that hump. Pretty soon it will be multiple unassisted reps per set.

I really enjoyed the choose as you go method, I may do this again. Who knows?

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Session 3

Post by FlipEsSorry on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Bicycle ride between 20 and 25 miles in 2 hours.

Notes:
I was going to count this as a 'bonus' session this week and get a third session in the gym today. But, I'm very tired from the long ride yesterday (even with 12+ hours of sleep), and I'm still a bit sore from Friday's session. So, this will be session 3 for this week, and I will do Week 7 - Session 1 tomorrow. Cheers.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 am

FlipEsSorry wrote:I'm beginning to think the culprit for the bothered elbow is the jumping rope.

Strange.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 am

Dave.cyco wrote:
FlipEsSorry wrote:I'm beginning to think the culprit for the bothered elbow is the jumping rope.

Strange.

The whole thing is.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Session 1

Post by FlipEsSorry on Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 am

Jog: 2.5 miles @ 7 mph [no break]

Stretch

A few handstands, getting fairly balanced.

Pulls: 6 pulls, 7 neutral grip, 7 chinups
+Pistols x 3/leg, 3/leg, 3/leg

Pushups x 16 diamond, 18 regular, 13 regular
+BW Squats x 14/leg, 14/leg, 14/leg

V-ups x 10, 8
+Mason Twists x 10/side, 10/side
+Plank x 30s, 30s

Weight: 196.9 lbs

Notes:
I've really been digging these jogs on the treadmill.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Session 2

Post by FlipEsSorry on Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Jog: 1 mile @ 7mph

Stretch

Push-ups x 20 (r), 15 (d) 15 (r), 12 (dec), 10 (dec)
+Hindu Squat x 30, 24, 30, 25, 30
+Mason Twist x 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
+Plank x 1 m, 30s, 30s left/30s right, 45s, 30s left/30s right

Pull-ups x 4 (rock grip), 6 (ng) 6(c), 4 (ng), 3(m), 3(m)
+Side lifts x 35 lb KB x 10, 12, 12
+Assisted Pistols x 3/leg, 3/leg, 3/leg

Weight: 195.4 lbs

Notes:
Very tired today, and felt it in the gym.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri May 03, 2013 12:03 am

Looking good nonetheless!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Fri May 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:Looking good nonetheless!

Well, much obliged to you, good Sir!

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Session 3

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon May 06, 2013 10:03 am

Warmup: Jog .5 miles @ 6 mph.

Stretch

Pulls x 8(ng), 5(ng), 6(ng), 5(mg), 5(mg)
+Plank x 1m20s, 1m, 1m

Chair dips x 16, 15
+Leg lifts x 20, 15

Jog: 0.5 mile @ 6.5 mph, 1 mile @ 7 mph, 0.5 mile @ 7.5 mph, 0.5 mile @ 7 mph

Stretch

Weight: 192 lbs

Notes:
This session was done yesterday, I just forgot to post. I am happy with the amount of pull-ups done in 5 sets, and the jog was satisfying as well. I saw on facebook a challenge posted by the BarStarzz, to do 150 chair dips and 150 leg lifts. After the second set, my elbow started feeling a little tender, so I stopped immediately. Also, this is the lightest I've weighed since I began these weekly training sessions 2 months ago; progression.

Speaking of the elbow, I've started wearing an Ace Bandage throughout the day, and implementing a few other strategies that this user from the BodyBuilding forum used: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So, we'll see how this works. The compression has felt great over the past 18 hours.

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon May 06, 2013 1:15 pm

MobilityWOD has some good elbow stuff and Voodoo banding.
The site is down right now undergoing some updates.
If you use the search once they're back up you can find it easy.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipEsSorry on Mon May 06, 2013 1:19 pm

itlives wrote:MobilityWOD has some good elbow stuff and Voodoo banding.
The site is down right now undergoing some updates.
If you use the search once they're back up you can find it easy.

I started doing their Voodoo banding using an old bicycle inner tube (as per Cheesedog's suggestion), but haven't quite looked through their other elbow stuff. I'll take a deeper look once the website is back up and running. However, the elbow is slowly getting better, so that's a good sign. Thanks for pointing me in that direction, Itlives!

FlipEsSorry
Accomplished
Accomplished

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top