PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

A New Beginning

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Beginning

Post by ChrisTG on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Well we've got a new forum, so it's a good time to start fresh! I am not going to be missing workouts in this log!

GOALS:

Look Awesome
Get Strong

CURRENT FOCUS:
Back Squats, One Arm Deadlifts, Horizontal Rowing, Chest

DIET:
Add more healthy foods (I recently started devouring roasted seaweed).

LAST WEEK

Saturday December 1

Goblet Squats 20x10 40x10 50x10 60x10 70x15
Anderson Squats 45x1 95x1 135x1,1 155x1,2 175x1,1 185x1,1
Quarter Squats 205x3 255x3 315x3 340x8 355x3
Deadlift 75x1 165x1 205x1 235x1 255x1,1,2
Pistols x9,6

Wednesday December 5
Foam Roll- glutes/hips are crazy painful
Pushups (floor) x10, diamond x10, 3finger assist OAPU x1,5,5
Inverted Rows x8,10,10,11,10
Nuetral Pullups x2,6,3
HeSPU xF,F
Had some great upper back DOMS from the rows. I have never seriously worked rows and it is definitely time.

Saturday December 8
Leg swings, wall slides
Side to Side Nuetral Pullups x4 (each side)
Goblet Squat 20x10 40x10 60x10 70x30 PR +4 reps
Back Squat 135x5 165x5 185x5 195x5 205x5,5,5,4 Really focused on form
OA Deadlift (hook grip) 75x5 85x5 95x5 105x5 115x5 125x5 135x5 145x5 155x4,4
Pistols x10,8+F

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Beginning

Post by Dave on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Excellent! Very nice on the one arm deads too. Why hook grip, if I may ask? And at some point will you join me in the Oly lifts?

Last edited by Dave.cyco on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm

I would have been disappointed if you started your log without at least one PR :P
You still lifting stones as well?
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 am

The hook grip is to hold onto maximum weight, I want to get back on a roll with this exercise again. I improved, then let it slide...

I am still lifting stones, however the weather is cold and wet so my stones often are as well... I plan to hit them next week, every 3-4 weeks is enough for maintenance, I am trying hard to try and 'do everything' without 'doing everything'. When things warm up in the spring my stone lifting will shift back into full gear.

No plans on joining you with the Oly lifts anytime soon, I need to master the lifts I am doing. Maybe in a few years.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 am

OK so my HAVE TO DO routine is 2x week, BUT I think I can benefit by throwing in additional workouts. If I have a bad week I can do two sessions and take it easy, hopefully most of the time I can do a bunch more. I plan on doing some back squats tomorrow, and then my regular (and longer) upper body routine on Thursday.

I want to have a solid, straightforward routine that is easy to stick to and gives consistent long term gains (2x week upper/lower split) but also the ability to do additional, less structured work (bonus workouts between the two sessions).

I feel really good about getting back into consistent exercise again, I mean I was feeling awesome while I was slacking off, but I feel even more awesome now that I am exercising again. I think if you are growing physically or mentally you will feel great, I grew mentally and felt awesome even though my physical growth took a break, but now I have both :)

I got a scale and can weight myself again, and weigh 185 despite having gotten a little leaner in the past couple months.

Bonus Workout: Monday December 10

Foam Roll: spinal erectors (right side), glutes, feet

Wall Slides

Incline Thick Barbell Press 45x10 65x10 85x10 105x10 110x5,5,5 EDIT: Noticed in my log I incline pressed 115x4 NO PRs for me
Ok the last time I did it was the first time I ever did the exercise ever so it's kind of a cheap PR but hey, it is still 20lb more than I have ever incline bench pressed in my life so I will take it :toothy: I will be doing pushups as my main chest work but I got a great upper chest pump with this. And it worked my triceps pretty good too.

OA Dumbbell Row Thick 30x10, 40x10,10
Normal 40x9,10,10
Had to hold back from slapping on the weights, paused briefly at the top and found my right scapula retractors lag behind everything else. So I kept the weight low and really focused on contracting my back. I pull the dumbbell explosively up as forcefully as possible, but make sure it stops at the top position and I contract all my scapula/back as hard as possible.

Dead Bug Bicycle x4,4,4,4
Suck at this. Gotta get my abs back.

Headstand Back Bridge x10s, 5s + 10s, 10s

Last edited by ChrisTG on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 am

Welcome back Chris PR!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:27 am

Incorrect! I noticed in my log that I had previously incline pressed 115x4, so there is no PR for me. This time.

I recently purchased "4 Hour Chef" by Timothy Ferris. It's an awesome book, I bought it because flipping through there was a picture by picture demonstration of using a metal garbage can to cook clams and that is 100% my style. The book is actually far better than I initially thought (and my initial thought was AWESOME).

The first section on the book is all about learning, specifically learning effectively to get really good in short amounts of time, giving examples from exercise, language and tango. It's the best presentation of "how to learn anything" that I have seen. Instead of reading on to the cooking section I applied it to my exercise routine. Also my girlfriend was using the kitchen cooking and at this point, I just #$@^% everything up if I go in there. This will be changing quickly however :)

Thursday December 13

WU: Ankle mobility, wall slides, tennis ball roll feet

Pushups x10 Assisted Pushups x7,8,8 LLR
Non-working arm was on a tennis ball, halfway to full extension on the bottom position. The LLR is because I did my left arm first twice, and my right arm first for the last set.

Shirt Pullups 185x5,8,9,9
Previous PR x9,9,9

2DB Clean & Press (clean every rep) 20's x8,4
right elbow started protesting from lowering the dumbbells.

2DB Clean & Press (1 clean per set) 30's x15
FatGripz 35's x6,6

Last edited by ChrisTG on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 am

Assisted Pushups on a tennis ball. I will have to try that.

Is that 2 fingers on the tennis ball?

Have you tried working in any 1 arm push negatives yet? I tend to get halfway down on these before crashing to the floor :headbang:

Cheers Chris.
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 am

No, I am using my palm on the tennis ball. I want to move slow into a perfect one arm pushup... Oh you tempted me! I managed to do a controlled negative on each arm, but barely, not well enough that I would start working on them.

In the past I have done 3 (wiggly) OAPU, but that was over a year and half ago and I was 30lb lighter (my horizontal pressing strength has not improved at all since then, declined relative to bw). I found the next few reps come quickly once you can do one, and until you get that one you feel like you are nowhere close and it's totally impossible... then one day, *BAM* one arm pushup! This time I plan to take things slower, so that when I do try a OAPU I can do several reps in good form, and then proceed to keep add reps and master the exercise instead of neglecting it.

Lots of tension in the lats, abs and glutes is key, you need to be as tight as possible every rep. Your whole body should be doing a maximum isometric contraction.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:18 am

ChrisTG wrote:

Lots of tension in the lats, abs and glutes is key, you need to be as tight as possible every rep. Your whole body should be doing a maximum isometric contraction.

Full body tension is what I need to work on.

Tried a couple reps of 1 finger assist Pushups on a suspension ring tonight. Works well and seemed to add a bit my of a core- stabilising element to the standard lever push-up.
Worth giving a try if you have any suspension rings.

If your able to do the negative, it's probably worth doing them more consistently - help to work core-stability and body tension.

You've probably already seen this link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for all the tips mate and good luck.

Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:15 am

That first picture is pretty rad where he's doing a back hand OAP. I've got to try that!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Rastaman wrote:If your able to do the negative, it's probably worth doing them more consistently - help to work core-stability and body tension.

You've probably already seen this link:

I can't do a negative well enough to start working on them yet. I don't think I am far away, however I am going to be patient in moving forward, trying to rush things won't get me OAPU reps any faster.

I have read it before, but it was good to read again.

Also, forgot to mention, I did plan on Squatting this week but I strained my right oblique. Was pretty bad the first day but it was mixed with some DOMS, and was 100% by my last workout, well enough I totally forgot it even happened until I noticed I didn't do a bonus squat workout and wondered why.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow, lots of DOMS in my lats, chest and serratus from my last workout, especially the lats!

Saturday December 15

WU: leg swings, wall slides

Goblet Squat warmup 35x5 50x10 80x10
Not pushing it as a main exercise anymore (will still hit 100x20)

Sandbag Squat 110x10,10 165xF,1,3,F
This is the exact same movement as the Stone Squat, however done with a sandbag. At 110lb I can pick it up right off the ground, but at 165lb I have to pick it up sideways, then wrestle it to a vertical position, then do my squat reps. It's significantly more difficult than the same weight in stone, being harder to grip, twice the size and twice the awkwardness. So this will be replacing my Stones for the winter.

Pistol Squats x6,8
Totally beat from the sandbag squats.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Subbed (not that it works) I have to ask Dave to check into that. It may be me.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 pm

It does work. I tested it myself when I first created the forum.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 am

Monday December 17

Foam roll scapula, wall slides

BW Rows 182.5lb (high) x13, (low) x9,10,10,7
Feet are on my bench, I am using suspension handles with t-shirts for the grip (like the pullups). The low position is as close to the ground as I can get and is a little above parallel when I lock out. I've got to get the two arm row down before I start working on the one arm versions. The shirt grip works well.

HeSPU 182.5lb x2,3,5,2+1,2
Lost my balance on the 2+1 set.

Incline Barbell Press 45x10 75x10 95x10 115x6,5,5 PRs +2,+1,+1 reps
Yeah, actual PRs! Each rep stops on the chest, I don't hold it for a count, but the bar stops completely each rep. I really focus on my chest during this movement and it definitely helps activate those muscles- I feel a bit of a pump after the set (more with higher reps) and definitely feel it with the DOMS afterwards.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:00 am

ChrisTG wrote:Monday December 17

Feet are on my bench, I am using suspension handles with t-shirts for the grip (like the pullups). The low position is as close to the ground as I can get and is a little above paral.

Nice progression step :mrgreen:

I think I may just steal this tip in my quest to beat you to the 1 Arm BW row :twisted:

:hifive:
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Last step before I start doing some one arm variations. Soon :twisted:

Wednesday December 19

Foam roll: glutes, feet, scapula

So, really not feeling it today...

Quarter Squats 235x3 285x3 355x4,15 PR +7 reps
Wasn't feeling it, not very tight, threw on my belt and felt way stronger.

Back Squats 135x5 185x11
Pullovers 25x20

Deadlifts 165x1 215x1,1

Felt meh, couldn't get super tight and keep good form. Somedays.... blah

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 am

15 1/4 squats with 355! Nice! I don't trust quarter squats, but you mentioned previously that you feel they work well for you, so keep it up! Just promise me you'll go ATG after your quarter sets. ;)
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:55 am

According to John Broz, if you are hitting PR's when you feel meh, you're on the right track.
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:53 am

I have the feeling it might be time to bring up the upper body judging by how my workouts are going. Maybe I am just a little burned out of always focusing on legs and letting the upper body slide.

Saturday December 22

Foam roll scapula, wall slides

Pushups x10 Assisted Pushups x10 PR+2 reps
Straight Arm Assisted Pushups x3,2 PR New Level! +3,+2 reps

The assisting arm is on a tennis ball, halfway extended for the assisted pushups and straight out to the side on the SAA pushups. Get 10 reps then crank out some OAPU.

supersetted with

Shirt Pullups Bodyweight: 185lb x4,5,10,9+F,8 PR +1 rep

Thick DB Press (1 clean, lb per dumbbell) 20x10 30x10 35x10 40x3 PRs +4 reps, +5lb +3 reps

Last edited by ChrisTG on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:02 am

Chris, on those pull-ups, are you saying you're doing 185 plus your body weight?
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:19 pm

itlives wrote:Chris, on those pull-ups, are you saying you're doing 185 plus your body weight?

One day! I edited it to make it clear that it's just my bodyweight, which I track with my pullups. It's much more informative to know the actual weight used since bodyweight changes over time, I have gone up 30lb in the past several years.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander_a on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Yeah! The thick Db press and bw rows, a must for next weeks training!!

alexander_a
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 am

The thick dumbbell press is beastly!

Sunday December 23

Thick Barbell Curlz 45x5 55x5 65x4+F,4+F

(go out for dinner)

One Arm Deadlift 75x3 85x3 95x3 105x3 115x3 125x3 135x3 145x3 155x3 165x3 175x3 185x3 195x1,1
Really tough on the thumbs, also the obliques, but man, the hook grip is painful on the thumbs.

6lb Sledgehammer Curl & Press 6"x10 9"x10 12"x10 14"x8

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Strong work as always in here brother.

Chris and Rastaman--progress from hand-on-ball to fingers-on-ball for the lever pushups... also work hard on one-arm planks while keeping your hips and shoulders square to the floor.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for stopping by!

Honestly I will probably go straight to the OAPU when I hit 10 reps on the straight arm assisted pushup, mostly from my previous experience with the OAPU. Never had any problem with core strength, only arm strength (so far).
Monday December 24

Goblet Squats 30x10 50x10 60x10 70x6 80x20 PR +10 reps
I do in fact spread my knees too far on the bottom, the "knees out" cue puts them too far to the side. It feels much better to not push them out and to just sit back. I mean there is a bit of effort to keep my knees from caving in but I have been forcing them out past my ankles.

Sandbag Squats 110x11 PR +1 rep

Pistol Squats x11 right leg x9+F left leg

I was rushed and felt pretty beat up so it's a fast light workout, didn't try to use more weight with the sandbag, just took one more rep and moved on. Still totally beat afterward, it was a tough set and the pistols were to failure, could not get any more reps on the left leg. Now I feast!

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 am

Decided to do a "deload" for the next few sessions and do a two blast/one cruise cycle. I like lots of recovery and the deload is just doing easier exercises/less weight for more reps. Also I feel a lot of stress on my upper body from the one arm pushup work, and the pulling work too to a lesser extent, so I want to keep things under control. As it is, my body feels in great shape with no aches or pains and I aim to keep it that way.

Thursday December 27

Foam Roll glutes, feet, scapula (needed it pretty bad)

Half-kneeling 2 DB press x10,7+3 (each side)
Definitely felt it in my hip flexors- it was weird, not a stretch, but stretch like. Definitely doing something good there. Dunno but I got exactly what Dan John said in the article about loosing stability, after rep 7 I lost my alignment and everything fell apart instantly. I will figure out how to do the other half kneeling exercise in the article and use them as a warmup for a month and see how I feel.

BW Rows (high position) x8,11,15,16,14,13+F PRs +2,+3,+1 reps
Next session I will start to work on one arm variations.

HeSPU bw=186lb x2,6,4+F,4+F,1+F,3
I kept failing from lat fatigue on the sets, the rows hit my back really well. This felt like another back exercise for the lats and upper back... awesome.

Incline Xtra Thick BB Press 45x7 65x11 85x10 105x10 110x7,7,5+F PRs +2,+2 reps
Xtra thick because I got a pair of FatGripz Xtreme, which makes my barbell a full 3" diameter. I definitely felt the extra thickness in my wrist/grip, awesome! These things are beastly, challenging to get onto the barbell because they are so thick, and it feels like a telephone pole.

Overall not much of a deload.

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:09 am

Good job on the bodyweight rows- you've got a solid base there now for the one arm progressions.

I've dropped off on the 1 arm push lately, while focussing on HSPU's. The elbows start to cry with too much Push and Pull volume.

The HeSPU's feel great on the back - I agree. I've found Supersetting the HeSPU's and Pullups keeps a good balance throughout the workout.

Cheers Chris
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Nice strength work Chris! As always, it seems you go for some hard variations of normal exercises.
I noticed this morn that my knees were starting to come in when front squatting. I started pushing them out and it made a big difference on the muscles involved.
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 am

Well the harder the exercise the more strength it will build! Knee placement is very important, I know most people have a problem with their knees caving in- however a friend and I both find we have no problem keeping our knees straight and actively trying to push them out further put them out of place. BUT it was a very important cue when I started squatting, just that once I improved overemphasizing it became a problem. Listen to your body and adapt because things are constantly changing!

Friday December 28

Warmup: wall slides & chest openers, foam roll feet & hips (ball & roller)

Dead Bug Bicycle x5,6,5,6,5

Spring Gripper (6+1)x10 (6+3)x10 (7+3)x10 (8+3)x5,5,6,8

Two Hand Pinch Grip 2x25lb plates x20s,48s

Fingertip holds x a few

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Q's

Post by 98poundweakling on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:20 pm

ChrisTG wrote:
Dead Bug Bicycle x4,4,4,4
Suck at this. Gotta get my abs back.

Headstand Back Bridge x10s, 5s + 10s, 10s
Hi, Chris! Please inform: What are Dead Bug Bicycle and Headstand Back Bridge exercises? Love the name of the first. Regarding the second, you aren't going from headstand into a head/back bridge are you? Oh, my...
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:25 pm

I think he means a bridge where his head contacts the ground but where he does not bend back so far that his nose touches the ground. Meaning the load is directly applied on the spine instead of having his head pulled back and getting a stretch in his throat area.

Am I right Chris?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh T. on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Dead bugs:

Josh T.
Young Gun
Young Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Patrick1968 introduced these to BWC back in the day. I did them after every session for a little while. They are not resistance training so much as recovery/postural training. They feel quite good, especially combined with deep breathing.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh T. on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Good for posture, indeed. Although I'm a bigger fan of the hollow position the way it's trained in gymnastics. It trains essentially the same position (which, by the way, is needed for almost EVERYTHING and EVERY gymnastic event).

Carl Paoli has a good progression:

Josh T.
Young Gun
Young Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm

So he's basically saying that your low back should not be arched, but flat against the ground?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh T. on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:03 pm

That is the crux of the hollow position, yes. Your back should be like that in a proper dead bug as well, which is why I brought it up.
Josh T.
Young Gun
Young Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by 98poundweakling on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks, guys! Very helpful. I'm trying now to build some core and hollow body strength as I attempt to learn some skills on the rings.
98poundweakling
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 am

There sure is lots of stuff going on on Chris's log. Except for one thing. Where's Chris? Where are you Dude?
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:19 am

Chris !

How's the 1 Arm Push Progressing mate?
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Dave you're right on about the headstand bridge.

I am alive and well, I've been working out but not posting it. Took the first half of January off, I party hard and be lazy while everyone else takes their resolutions and start sprinting with them, pull out their hair, then after they all quit I quietly get back at it. Right now there is not really a purpose other than get stronger and I am just going through the motions, luckily I know exactly what exercises I am doing so I just pick some and do them. I need to make a choice about where I am going and it's not easy.

Can't do a OAPU but I tried and did a negative aka same as before :(

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Chris glad you're back! You'll hit your strength goals, if you keep working. Time to get after it amigo!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:42 pm

ChrisTG wrote: I need to make a choice about where I am going and it's not easy.
:(

That is a hard one for lots of folks! If you have no goal, then it's hard to see the path.
Don't stay away so long. It's good to be with others!
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 pm

ChrisTG wrote:

I need to make a choice about where I am going and it's not easy.

:(

Dude, you were busting out consistent PRs all last year and are generally renowned as being "Strong as F***". You know what works for you. Just do that!

Go pick up some Big A** Rocks...all will become clear.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 am

Brahma Bill wrote:Go pick up some Big A** Rocks...all will become clear.
Words of wisdom :nod:

Monday March 4

Quick workout for the hips.

5s hold for each rep with minimal rest between exercises:

Bird Dog x8,8
Glute Bridge x10,10
Lying Abduction x5,5

Form issues with the bird dog to improve, absolutely no abduction strength at all (cramps and pain for 5 reps).

Barbell Glute Bridge 45x10 75x10,9,10

My butt was literally kicked!

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:07 am

Here's some inspiration for you!

CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 am

That is an AWESOME playground workout! I think I need some change in my workouts. I don't mean my strength exercises I've posted about, but my routines pretty much follow the same basic structure they did before, a couple compound movements, lot's of rest, no accessory or conditioning blah blah blah I could be doing crazy stuff outside lol

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 am

IRONL00 has a youtube page with a bunch of great workouts, in playgrounds, parks, the woods, and his basement. It's inspiring stuff and he's getting pretty darned strong just doing the classics.

I love this one.
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 pm

IDK Chris-
"Sasquatch scares little children off playground. Leaves no skat, so still no proof says local big foot hunter".

itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top