PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

A New Beginning

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A New Beginning

Post by Brahma Bill on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Good to see you back Chris.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:16 am

You sure know how to surprise someone!

Best of luck on your new life. Stick around!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by GreekPT on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:57 am

Welp, it's not 04/01/14 so it's legit...if you've got life all figured out at such a ripe young age, you're way ahead of most of us. And like Cheeseball said, Stick Around!

GreekPT
Wanted for Chococide
Wanted for Chococide

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:04 am

Yeah best of luck and good for you getting things figured out!

It'll be interesting to see how this affects your training in the long term, for sure....
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rastaman on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 am

As long as your happy with who you are mate... Now back to business,
Are you still pursuing the elusive One Arm Push up?  I do remember a challenge being tossed out there at one stage! :twisted:
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 am

Journeyman wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how this affects your training in the long term, for sure....

I agree. Keeping a log and staying consistent through this change could be of use to others.

itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTG on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Thank you everyone for the welcome back!

I had hoped that my next post would have been a new workout log, however it quickly became apparent that with no motivation or exercise goals that it wasn't going to happen. I found the most successful programs I used but I don't have the same goals anymore. Right now I am thinking a lot about who I am, who I was and who I will be and how physical fitness fits into this new me that is exploding out of her cocoon. I spent a lot of time reading my logs and it's fascinating to see how my gender dysphoria slowly crept in and crippled me, and the strong back and worth between knowing what I desired more than anything and trying to deny it and man up. I turned 26 this year and worked out for a month straight, gained 10lbs of muscle, and then it crashed and I came out shortly afterwards. The constant (and always unsuccessful) attempts to "man up" are everywhere :(

(Interestingly most transwoman seek help for their gender issues because they want them gone so they can "be a man." No therapy has ever been successful at this, however transitioning with support brings the attempted suicide rate from around 43% to under 2% and actually slightly less than the average population so medically it's considered to be life saving. Transgender children and youth with unsupportive parents have a 65% attempted suicide rate and this is why I don't consider transition a debate. Children know their internal gender at a very young age and I know of people who first attempted suicide at age 7 because their family would not accept it.)

Cesar wrote:Chris - good luck on your journey and further congrats on smiling. Now get to work!

Thanks! As soon as I know what I need to work towards!

Dave wrote:I am not trying to start a debate, but I feel I have a moral obligation to state my position. I obviously have moral objections to HRT, considering that as a Christian I believe God made everyone who and what they are for a reason, and that there are certain "rights" that we just don't have, such as forcibly altering the nature we were given by God at birth. I admittedly cannot say understand what it was like to be you before or what it's like to be you now. All I can say is that I hope you are well and it is nice to have you back.

As far as I am concerned, I was given a female soul and brain in a male body, in a time and a place where a medical transition would be possible, with people in my life who not only support my transition but benefit from it, and not transitioning was a very forcible denial of my nature. Life was hell and now the world is beautiful. I would be interested in a discussion but from my perspective there is no debate. I exist and I know with every fiber of my body and soul who I am. Thanks for the welcome back.

Brahma Bill wrote:Good to see you back Chris.

It's good to be back and seeing everyone is still around!

CheesedogTheFirst wrote:You sure know how to surprise someone!

Best of luck on your new life. Stick around!

A couple people I know where not surprised at all. Other people are being purposefully left out of the loop to ensure maximum shock value next time I see them because their reaction will be priceless. Mwahahaha

GreekPT wrote:Welp, it's not 04/01/14 so it's legit...if you've got life all figured out at such a ripe young age, you're way ahead of most of us. And like Cheeseball said, Stick Around!

Honestly I'm trying to figure out questions most people take care of when they are 12 years younger and it feels like I am figuring myself out again from the ground up. However I have a lot more life experience to build on than the first time I went through puberty. I do feel far more aware of who I am and how people interact and relate and it's fascinating. It's an interesting mix of wisdom and airheaded teen girl.

Journeyman wrote:Yeah best of luck and good for you getting things figured out!

Definitely! Very few transwomen are into exercise and most who are are only interested in looking more feminine and being as small as possible. I still feel strength is very important to me so it'll be mostly unexplored territory... Interestingly while all my lifts have gone down, my grip strength is holding.

Rastaman wrote:As long as your happy with who you are mate... Now back to business,
Are you still pursuing the elusive One Arm Push up?  I do remember a challenge being tossed out there at one stage! :twisted:

Multiple times a day I become conciously aware of my transition and I feel ecstatic and a huge smile pops out. I am strongly considering returning to the one arm pushup and gtg style training so I can have a strong, but slender, upper body. I also felt best when I was training like that even though I was far from my strongest.

itlives wrote:
Journeyman wrote:

I agree. Keeping a log and staying consistent through this change could be of use to others.

I definitely hope I can make a positive difference and it has been a motivating factor in getting me back here and wanting to start a new log. Which will happen very soon I promise!

ChrisTG
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:43 pm

So what would your new goals be?

Interesting that your grip strength is holding. Possibly because it's more tendon/connective tissue based.

Some things that might be worth considering are lifting 'more like a woman' if that makes sense. My female lifter friends would kill me if they heard me say that; but things like benching with a higher arch, prioritizing rows over pullups and push over strict presses, etc. as upper body strength in terms of tension/grind movements, and upper body mass will not be easy to attain/maintain.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top