PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

single bar dips, scapula strength and some questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

single bar dips, scapula strength and some questions

Post by Buckyx on Sat May 17, 2014 10:28 am

what is correct form for single bar dips? lean so bar is under my chest when in bottom ROM or just be straight .. the first one needs me to change grip when i get on the bar so my knucles are forward and is a bit harder i think it hits traps a lot

as for scapula strength I have problems with shoulder when I elevate scapula either in full ROM of OHP or deadhang of L-Sit pulls
what I can do to strengthen that area

also endurance training seems a bit contraproductive to me.. with high reps I am still weak on advanced moves and without doing endurace enough my PRs of max reps drops so whats best to do.. i have no access to weights when in park, only bars 3-5 days a week and at home I have nothing only some light weights, but no bars
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Re: single bar dips, scapula strength and some questions

Post by Cesar on Sat May 17, 2014 10:44 am

Ili - this is all you
I bet Jman has some input
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sat May 17, 2014 2:24 pm

I know your IFing, I would imagen if your losing weight that strength gains would be minimal to none.

Also how I do straight bar dips is, shoulders slightly back from neutral and a slight lean forward with the torso. If I wanna hit chest more I don't go to far down. If I wanna hit chest, tris etc I do full rom.

Endurance does have carry over but it's very minimal, that's what I've learnt. I find conditioning helps, getting fitter in general May help you to perform more advanced and harder movement.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Sat May 17, 2014 2:51 pm

I am working on muscle up right now, probably wall HSPU soon
will do endurance/circuits only once a week and see where it will take me
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sat May 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Consitioninng and endurance are two different things. You can do a normal rep scheme with multiple exercises with little rest. Doing a little bit of that after a main workout may benefit you. Once a week really won't do anything.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sat May 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Buckyx wrote:
as for scapula strength I have problems with shoulder when I elevate scapula either in full ROM of OHP or deadhang of L-Sit pulls
what I can do to strengthen that area

also endurance training seems a bit contraproductive to me.. with high reps I am still weak on advanced moves and without doing endurace enough my PRs of max reps drops so whats best to do

^ what is an example of this? Something you've noticed with reps on a specific exercise.

What do you mean by 'problems with shoulder'. Pain, impingement, on which side....
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sun May 18, 2014 5:02 pm

the way i do single bar dips: leaning over the bar and going till arms are parallel. this is standard form.

keeping your whole body straight and not leaning over the bar requires very high strength. so if you don't want to lean over the bar you'll have to do some kind of l sit. this is still a lot harder than regular single bar dips.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Sun May 18, 2014 5:14 pm

the pain in bottom of L-sit pulls and top of OHP is something like the shoulder is going to pop, very weird .. maybe it is instable? havent got this problem before but I now I do elevated scapula handstands every training maybe it has something to do with that

ok I will keep doing them with lean, with straight body I have less ROM because I am weak :D
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top