PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

unable to workout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

unable to workout?

Post by kc5wqy on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm

hey guys, I haven't worked out in a few days, I have a problem im not sure what it is, couple months ago I had to back off on my bike riding, tight squeezing in my chest air feels heavy, somethimes feel like im being choked out, cardiologist said everything looked just fine, I backed off on riding, started low intensity bodyweight and isometrics, less cardio, still had tightness in chest not nearly as bad, thought a tight muscle? then a few days ago, got worse, starting to feel a suffocating feeling, light headed, last night began a coughing, hacking fit like a dog having a asthma attack, this morning dry heaves, but felt like a million ants crawling on me biting, right now feeling somewhat ok, Im a former chain smoker quit 6 years ago , scared asthma or chronic bronchitis, or worse has caught up to me, if I have another episode im going to er if not im going to dr monday

kc5wqy
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Re: unable to workout?

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:47 am

It could be allergies and/or an anxiety attack. Absolutely go to the Doc and get checked out.
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:05 am

I'm with Cheese, definitely have a doctor take a look.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hedwards on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:01 pm

If the cardiologist didn't find anything, then it's likely anxiety. However, you definitely want to make sure that you've had a second opinion and whatever other relevant checks are done in order to make sure that something hasn't been missed.

But, for what it's worth, this looks a lot like anxiety. If that's the case, then it's a matter of working through it as anxiety tends to go away when you push it. But, for obvious reasons you want to be certain that the problems are just anxiety as I'm sure there are other possibilities where pushing through it could be dangerous or even fatal.

The good news though is that anxiety is a condition that mental health professionals generally have a lot of success in treating and you probably won't have to take medication. Medication can be helpful, but it's definitely not mandatory like it is for some other conditions.

hedwards
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by kc5wqy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:23 pm

thanks guys for the responses, im back to working out and trike riding, just had to take it down a few notches, and it was anxiety, its a hidden side effect of graves disease, and the medications im taking,

kc5wqy
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

good to hear you can workout again!
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by hedwards on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:22 pm

kc5wqy wrote:thanks guys for the responses, im back to working out and trike riding, just had to take it down a few notches, and it was anxiety, its a hidden side effect of graves disease, and the medications im taking,

That's good to hear. Cardio work tends to promote all sorts of positive effects on the brain. It's good that they were able to give you a reasonable explanation and get you back to your exercise.

hedwards
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top