PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Saved my coffee!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saved my coffee!

Post by Cesar on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:50 am

So this morning, just like every work morning, I ride my bike to work with my coffee in my mason jar/cuppow on my left hand.
I am riding on sidewalk about to turn into hospital campus when I noticed two women wearing scrubs walking towards hospital.  Woman #1 is closest to me and walking on left side of sidewalk.  Woman #2 is walking about ten feet in front of woman #1 and on the right side of the sidewalk.
At this time, I am feeling like this guy so I get off the sidewalk and on the grass to pass woman #1 on her right, say good morning and smile, coffee still on left hand.   I feel confident and decide to get back on grass but on left side to pass woman #2, again good morning and smile and I take a victory sip of coffee.  
All of the sudden as I try to get back on the sidewalk after passing woman #2, my front tire clips the sidewalk curb, lose control, bike buckles, I see my life flash before my eyes and All of a sudden without thinking (that I noticed) both my feet plant firmly on the ground, i recover, come to a complete stop, coffee still on left hand.  
Both women stop and ask if I am ok, woman #2 says "you were trying to take a sip of your coffee, huh?"  Embarassed, I smile and say I was trying.  
Now the reason for sharing is that, I am not sure how I was able to recover so quickly without an awareness of thought. It just happened. Do I have uncanny reaction time, i think not. Even though it would be cool, plus the claws and ability to heal super fast.

I would think that training as I have been including burpees, swings, and the like had something to do with reaction time and ability to zip up and stabilize.  I really thought I was going to bite some concrete and luckily did not.

How did you start your morning?
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Re: Saved my coffee!

Post by Dave on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:12 pm

We started our morning by waking up to find our tent collapsing in on us under the force of heavy winds coming right off the shore of Lake Ontario (which was less than 30 feet away from our campsite). In less than 40 minutes, we packed up our entire sprawl and were headed for home. Today was the last day of our stay anyway, so it's all good. And we got to arrive home early, which is good because I work early tomorrow morning.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:14 pm

rough winds will do it. at least you got to spend some quiet time camping. I have not been camping in 12 plus years. I need to. nothing like the smell of fire stuck to your clothing from a fire ring.
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Yeah, and we had a great beach day yesterday, but I did not apply enough sunscreen so I am a little red in spots!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Lobster dave!
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:22 pm

Your training definitely paid off in unscraped skin and unspilled coffee!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 pm

That is my belief, cheese
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:32 am

I assume it went like that:

Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 am

That was incredible!  Of course the guy really has to learn to pay attention and react more quickly if he's going to drive a donorcycle.  The car signaled with ample time for him to get back into his lane.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 am

Disagree with you, Dave. He was going too fast, weaving in and out of traffic (more than likely).

Back to the bicycle wreck. Definitely training helps. More oxygen to the brain on a regular basis can only do good!

When I totaled my motorcycle in May, the guy behind me said I was on my feet before the bike stopped moving. I wish I had in on video. The ditch was about 4' deep in a narrow "V" and I landed on the street standing up. Shaken but not stirred in the brain.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:05 am

Avo - not as epic as the video. no flip for me.

Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:59 pm

itlives wrote:Disagree with you, Dave. He was going too fast, weaving in and out of traffic (more than likely).

My point was the car ahead of him did nothing wrong and the guy on the bike was to blame.  Maybe he was speeding, I didn't see a sign. Either way, I think we're on the same page here.

When I totaled my motorcycle in May, the guy behind me said I was on my feet before the bike stopped moving. I wish I had in on video. The ditch was about 4' deep in a narrow "V" and I landed on the street standing up. Shaken but not stirred in the brain.

I wish I could have seen your accident too, now that you say that!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top