PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Let me re-introduce myself

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let me re-introduce myself

Post by Avocadoshake on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:42 am

Hi, there. I recently turned 43 and I've been lifting for two decades plus. My favor however was always biking, running, swimming. A few years ago I completely got fed up with gyms and quit. Did only cycling then. Lost mass as a consequence, didn' t miss it in the saddle, tho.

Made my diploma, sat a lot, stuffed cheese in my face, chocolate and bread - due to moving from Germany to Switzerland. Regained my old mass - not muscle this time.
Re-introduced lifting, got knee issues, decided to significantly drop weight.
Good news, knee issues are muscle knots - what the hell? So Foam Rolling is in Order.

Anyway, running is still fun, working on form now, skipping long runs atm.
Long story short, I dropped from 85 kg to 67 and recently regained active mass (on 72 kg atm), because I stuffed myself with lots of cottage cheese, quark, avocados, nuts, etc. Yeah, pretty healthy here. Long term goal is 75 kg on my 1.83 m frame.

I'm staying this lean for my third year now and I'm pretty happy with it. Waistline remained unchanged.

I keep a log at a german bodybuilding forum, where I get the raised eyebrow for my unorthodox methods. Hey, I'm working out wherever and whenever I can, alone, it has to be fun, no gym trot. Goals: mobility, body control, long distance runs - again.

I incorporate Weights and bodyweight exercises, balancing, biking, long walks, short runs...

Anyhow. Having a newborn here and me managing kitchen and household despite diploma, I currently have to follow a most bang for the buck strategy, training the trifecta (Squats or BW deadlifts, Pullups, Pushups) and hammering along with a new acquired sledge hammer or using light kettle bells (4 - 12 kg)

I do rope skipping - to suck less at it, plyometrics, crawls, carried loads, Qi Gong and some yoga exercises.

I keep a regime for three to four weeks, then I switch to two a deload week or two, working light and reevaluating my form.

So, if you have questions or advise, please be so kind and go ahead.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Re: Let me re-introduce myself

Post by Avocadoshake on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 am

That was my introduction to BWC. A slight shift has occurred since. I now focus more on fewer sets, reps and higher weight, do more legs and concentrate on imbalances.
I recently wrote down my unspoken goals for 2012 to see, what I have accomplished so far. I'll post the results here at the end of the year along with my goals for 2013 and how I plan to reach them.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyD on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Nice post Avo...... I share your same weight goal 75 on 1.83, currently 76 on 1.83 and the same with the legs and imbalances. Its interesting how as you become more conscious of these things the more you see it....or is that just paranoia :)
johnnyD
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:51 am

Thanks johnny. I'd say augmented awareness. It would be interesting to see your approach to these issues. Maybe we could exchange eaxch others toughts, practices, etc.
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avocadoshake on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:58 am

BTW.: for those of you, who understand german or don't mind awkward translations by bots, I have two blogs of my own and am guest author of a third one:
http://bluenote84149.wordpress.com/
http://geldo.wordpress.com/
Guest (food blog):
http://elkedederichs.wordpress.com/
Avocadoshake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top