PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

compensation for bad sleep

View previous topic View next topic Go down

compensation for bad sleep

Post by Buckyx on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 am

any tips? at least consecutive 4 days a week I cant get much sleep cause I am in a dorm and roommate snores so hard its impossible, also it wakes me up few times during night, today I was up since 5am

also I am in caloric deficit so I worries about recovery, I managed to get ill 2 times in 1 month so I think its cause insufficient recovery and pushing training too hard
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Re: compensation for bad sleep

Post by Rix on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:13 am

Sleeping pills. Or tell your room mate to sort it out.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesedog on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:41 am

Ask your roommate to sleep on his side. That'll quite him down.
Cheesedog
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:20 am

I noticed he mostly sleeps on his back with arm over head lol
after enough punches to objects around me he turns but often he still snores even on side

its 5th week now, dont feel bad during day even with low sleep but I see it can have some impact on my training, what about health in general or fat loss?
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:16 am

Meh, a lil. Your 21 so it shouldn't have that much of an impact. I sleep probly 5-6 hours a night every night and I'm fine. Can burn the candle at both ends while your young. Tell him to sort his life out. Or buy him nasel strips. Or get ear plugs.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by squatty on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:36 am

I use one of these:

http://www.howardleight.com/earplugs/max
http://www.moldex.com/hearing-protection/reusable-earplugs/
squatty
Masterful
Masterful

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:27 am

yea but I it wakes me up during night and I have hard time falling asleep again especially between 4-6am what is almost when I need to get up, so its like 23:00-4/5:00 sleep
sometimes more but there are that interrupts always
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:13 pm

EAR PLUGS THEN. I hardly sleep due to gym in the morning, work during the day and studying all night plus seeing my girlfriend and family time, im fine, both bulked and now cutting perfectly fine. nutrition conquers all.

you will be fine.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:11 pm

the thing is I always had problems with recovery, overtraining or anything related to progress so I am worrying about everything now :D
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:12 pm

... Because your nutrition is bad.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:10 am

yea and when I ask for help nobody gives me answer I need, should I pay some experts? my protein intake is high, moderate fat and low-moderate carbs centered around training

I am also in caloric deficit cause Ive gained too much fat postinjury, eating a lot of veggies, some fruit, meat, fish, eggs, seeds, nuts, avoiding processed things at least during week

so I dont really know, maybe genetics? or my training is really bad
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Earplugs are a great idea
blackout curtains
melatonin/valerian

When you say 'high protein'... how high, exactly?
A caloric deficit... how much?

And yes, if your training is bad; sleep can have a huge impact (and on some people more than others, I can't train without ~8 hours the night before, others get by with what to me seems ridiculously little) but poor training choices, poor nutrition choices, etc. all carry over into each other.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:57 am

Bucky, are we seeing your avatar from the front or the back?
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:40 am

around 160g protein daily, I am not sure about that deficit tho .. 2k+ cals total
when I started dieting and training I was not sure about my TDEE as I did almost no physical activity after injury and gained a lot of fat .. I am upping PWO carbs in first meal by 10 each week, not significat but I am less hungry and still losing weight/fat

Dave, thats from back :D
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:53 am

Buckyx wrote:its 5th week now, dont feel bad during day even with low sleep but I see it can have some impact on my training, what about health in general or fat loss?

At your age, any impact of a lack of sleep on health and fat loss would be very minimal. Training too.

I've been getting by on about 6.5-7 hours (on average) for pretty much the past decade. Training is going well when I program well, and fat loss still works as long as I regulate what goes into the old piehole. If anything, I feel more sluggish at the gym on the very rare occasion I get more than 8 hours of sleep.

Quality of sleep is much more important than quality, IMO. Five hours of deep sleep beat nine hours of interrupted sleep anytime. Earplugs can be very useful in improving the quality of sleep. Also look into getting a white noise machine to block out the roommate snores.

Also to lose fat, try increasing your physical activity levels (walking, running, playing sports, etc.). Strength training alone isn't very useful if you're trying to lose a lot of fat.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Ive lost 6kg in 6 weeks, now I am at cca 75kg and training is not for just strength anymore as my reps are almost as preinjury

I think of getting close to maintenance for a while and maybe recomp rather than losing weight so quickly, it was very long time ago I was below 75, probably back in elementary school lol
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top