PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Diamond Pushups

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diamond Pushups

Post by Dave on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:03 am

A site recommends trying to hit 5 x 20 diamond pushups daily, with the claim it will build an "iron chest".  I know Dom always advocated diamond pushups.  I have been doing them at work on breaks, but they put huge pressure on the base of my palm/end of my wrist, so much so that I had some skin tear off.  It hurt enough today that after 70, I switched back to atlas pushups (for sets of 20 and longer TUT).

Any opinions on the two exercises and how they compare with one another, not just for "iron chest", but in general?  I find atlas easier, at least right now.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diamond Pushups

Post by Rastaman on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:25 am

Yet to try Atlas pushups, but have had some good strength gains on diamonds. Maybe try with your thumbs touching, but with a slight gap between the index fingers. Find a position that is comfortable on the wrists.
Rastaman
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:25 am

so in addition to your training you do 5x20 diamonds? yea they are definitely great but I think you can overdone them like that
atlas push ups is what I was basically doing all the time, slightly harder than regular ones

maybe you can start with lower volume and build up or do just one set of more reps? not sure whats your stats on those
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:08 am

I did two sets of 20 pretty easily, with 2 minutes rest in between. On the third set I started slowing down was pausing and taking longer breaths by rep somewhere between 11 and 17 for the remaining sets the day I actually managed the full hundred. It took most of my lunch time. Was rough on my wrists. I need to get outside and roll around on the ground. And eat pineapples.

Rastaman wrote:Maybe try with your thumbs touching, but with a slight gap between the index fingers.

That worked perfectly! Felt much better. My wrists wouldn't have tolerated the stress from diamonds for too long, I think.

Buckyx wrote:so in addition to your training you do 5x20 diamonds?

Exactly, if by training you mean almost nothing lately, but 4.5 miles of bicycle commuting per day, . Last night was a little different though.
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top