PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Bodybuilding vs Fitness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bodybuilding vs Fitness

Post by Rix on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:29 am

Just wondering on the community opinions, majority of peopl I know go to the gym and do typical bodybuilding things and fairly few are into being fit. I love bodybuilding and follow a lot of things bb, so I'm not hating just wondering do most males go gym and do bb stuff because society now days suggests you have to be big and manly rather than "small" and fit.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Re: Bodybuilding vs Fitness

Post by Buckyx on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:11 pm

I respect everyone especially if they lift big, with proper form etc. I have friend who train for natural bb competitions, other that do for purely aesthetics purposes and some who train for both aesthetics and performance/strength. only thing I mind is roid gut

personally I am interested only in specific performance
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

From my perspective, most guys do bb because of pride. They just want to look good.
Crossfit has bridged the gap between the two. That's why they're so successful.
I've always been about movement. Still am. However, getting into BWE showed me my weaknesses.
I'm much happier now doing enough strength exercises to challenge me and yoga to keep the movement. I don't regret my Martial arts , just how much time I spent on one thing.
Unless training for competition, be well rounded in your exercise life.
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:26 pm

itlives wrote:Unless training for competition, be well rounded in your exercise life.

Yes sir, good advice sir!   :salute:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Yeah I think training with and for movements is very injoyable, during the time I tried bb, I always preferred push pull lower Coz I did whatever the movement suggested rather than bodypart. I think regardless of bb or crossfit my heart will always love a bit if calisthenics and kettlebells.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Brahma Bill on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:10 pm

I think a lot of it's age related. In our teens and 20's most of us just want to look good nekkid, in hopes we'll get laid. Thus the focus on bodybuilding. As we get a little older it's all about staying healthy and living longer.
I admire anyone who trains consistently, no matter their chosen modality.
Brahma Bill
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:09 am

Brahma Bill wrote:I admire anyone who trains consistently, no matter their chosen modality.

QFT :yeahthat:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top