PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

hip flexor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hip flexor

Post by Buckyx on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:12 am

hi I have hurted my hip flexor 2 weeks ago, fell from handstand on 1 leg which slipped backwards.. I guess overstretch or pulled muscle but it has weird behavior

I can walk, run with a bit of discomfort only but when I raise my knee then lower it down without control(if I lower my leg while holding it slowly then its not a problem) I will experience pain and then it persists for a long time and I cant straighten my legs.. I can do back hyperextions, lift leg behind torso or reverse leg lifts so it shouldnt be problem with extending but i dont get if hip flexor is injured I can raise leg without pain and problem is only with lowering,opening hips...

same happens when I hang on bar, Iget from bar but it needs to straighten that leg so if I am not careful it starts to hurt

or when lying on back often I cant open hips(place foot on ground) with tucked knee

I know I should visit physioterapist if it wont get better but any hints on what could happen when I injured it or what might cause the problems? I guess if it was a torn I would feel pain all the time
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Re: hip flexor

Post by Buckyx on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:33 pm

I think this is exactly what happens
Snapping of the iliopsoas tendon may be elicited as the hip is brought from a flexed, abducted, externally rotated position into extension with internal rotation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2953301/figure/F14/

weirdest injuries...
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:10 pm

I doubt you snapped a tendon otherwise uou would have swelling and pain. Probly just irritated or micro tore the joint n tendons. Lots of fish oils and vits.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Does it feel any better at least?
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:58 am

Rix wrote:I doubt you snapped a tendon otherwise uou would have swelling and pain. Probly just irritated or micro tore the joint n tendons. Lots of fish oils and vits.

its not swelling but exactly the same movement is causing me pain, first week I felt like its snapping a bit now its just pain

Dave wrote:Does it feel any better at least?
I think pain is bit better now, I feel a some discomfort and its inflammed probably but its the same to touch as my left thigh so I am not sure if to use heat or cold
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Perhaps try temperature contrasts to determine which one feels better for it (if not both in an alternating fashion)
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:18 pm

I feel sensation there after heating, I did like hour or two before going to bed and woke up and that felt better than usual

I will try some hip flexor stretches how it will react, did stretches for other hip muscles only but for some I had to get in position that was either very hard to get there due to weakness or caused pain
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatman on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Buckyx wrote:I will try some hip flexor stretches how it will react, did stretches for other hip muscles only but for some I had to get in position that was either very hard to get there due to weakness or caused pain

Google trigger point therapy, there's a website where you can look it up for free. The pain in your hip flexor might be actually coming from a trigger point in a different muscle group. By working on trigger points, you can often completely rehab painful injuries in a couple of weeks.

Stretching could help, but it could also aggravate things.
Fatman
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top