PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

refeeds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

refeeds

Post by Buckyx on Sat May 14, 2016 4:33 am

anyone has experience or doing refeeds currently? its first(second) time I started doing them properly and not sure if I am doing them right
I am doing 5 hour refeed window, once a week. high carbs low fat(50g for day max) and it puts me from 600+ deficit to around maintenance

first time I woke up 1kg heavier, now I woke up only 0.25-0.5kg heavier and everything stayed the same

difference between start of both refeeds was 0.5kg loss
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Re: refeeds

Post by Dave on Sat May 14, 2016 5:41 am

I eat sometimes. When I'm hungry. That's all I know!
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Tue May 17, 2016 7:00 am

I cut hard last year. 85kg down to 76kg at the lowest before a holiday. 700 cal deficit, no cardio, for a few months. I refeeded every Friday or Saturday depending on what I was doing and it really helped mentally, and the next time It filled me out and made me look more "jacked" than I was because of the sudden carb boost. I ate about 2000 cal a day cutting and refed on 3200 ish.

I recommend it only if your strict the rest of the week.

On that note. I don't recommend dieting at all haha life's to short to count cals. Just eat healthy and learn your body and it's needs then train harder. Im currently "cutting" but I'm just training with more complexes and being a bit cautious with my food.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckyx on Tue May 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Rix wrote:I cut hard last year. 85kg down to 76kg at the lowest before a holiday. 700 cal deficit, no cardio, for a few months. I refeeded every Friday or Saturday depending on what I was doing and it really helped mentally, and the next time It filled me out and made me look more "jacked" than I was because of the sudden carb boost. I ate about 2000 cal a day cutting and refed on 3200 ish.

I recommend it only if your strict the rest of the week.

On that note. I don't recommend dieting at all haha life's to short to count cals. Just eat healthy and learn your body and it's needs then train harder. Im currently "cutting" but I'm just training with more complexes and being a bit cautious with my food.

thanks for your input, I also have small free meal in the middle of the week like some sweet pastry or so. this week I am not hungry at all, no cravings also quite often forget to eat some fat with meals so deficit is probably bigger than planned

so other than that free "meal"(like 150-200kcal maybe) I am very strict during week. whole foods mostly and processed like prot. powders, dark chocolate and dairy. refeed is 70-80% whole foods starch with some fruit and something good :D

I have decided to cut cause 20% bodyfat is not aesthetic imo, Id like to get at least to 15-17% and maintain that for whole year. I cant eat more without getting more fat and also quite heavy for bodyweight training. that holds me back
Buckyx
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum