PhysicalCulture.canadian-forum.com
Some parts of the forum are not accessible to non-members, so be sure to join right away!

Post your training log, get involved in challenges, and add to our vault of fitness and physical culture wisdom!

Messages posted on this forum express the opinions of their respective authors and not necessarily those of anyone else. You agree to not hold anyone responsible for the content of any post but the author thereof and anyone who expresses agreement with him or her.

Messages with an attacking, demeaning or slanderous tone are prohibited.

Messages or usernames which promote, evoke or encourage unlawful, lewd or immoral practices are prohibited.

Vulgarities, curses and racial slurs as well as religious blasphemies, curses and exclamations, are offensive and neither pleasant nor welcome.

Copyrighted materials may not be posted without the express approval of the copyright holder, such approval to be displayed along with the content. If you notice material that is copyrighted but no permission is listed with it, you agree to report it to a moderator or to admin.

Post your messages only once. Double posting (this does not refer to accidentally replying twice to a post, but to creating multiple threads with identical content in multiple sections of the forum) is incredibly annoying and double posts will be deleted.

Make an effort on grammar and spelling. Using nothing but SMS-style language or l33t speech (ex: y r u h3re m8?) is unsophisticated, annoying and not welcome!

You accept that messages contravening the listing above may be edited or removed without need for notice and that transgressions deemed severe enough may be met with banning. Be helpful, kind and respectful to one another, and let's keep this community great!

Pushing through Hell and Pulling to Heaven

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pushing through Hell and Pulling to Heaven

Post by Rix on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:51 pm

SO many calories :O whats your morph body type? you getting in your protein too? i been monitoring my nutrition, 1500 calories a day hahaha but a A LOT of protein Fibre and good amount of carbs. one day example.
Breaky Fruit and fibre cereal, minimal milk, Milled stuff sprinkled on.
snack Multivitamin Drink
Protein shake with water not milk
Lunch raw roasted broccoli and carrots with houlomi and milled stuff sprinkle on
snack couple portions of fruit
Dinner Alot of veg and lean meat or fish with milled stuff sprinkled on.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Rixstar wrote:SO many calories :O whats your morph body type? you getting in your protein too? i been monitoring my nutrition, 1500 calories a day hahaha but a A LOT of protein Fibre and good amount of carbs. one day example.
Breaky Fruit and fibre cereal, minimal milk, Milled stuff sprinkled on.
snack Multivitamin Drink
Protein shake with water not milk
Lunch raw roasted broccoli and carrots with houlomi and milled stuff sprinkle on
snack couple portions of fruit
Dinner Alot of veg and lean meat or fish with milled stuff sprinkled on.
Hahahaha! Online tests always give me ecto-meso. I have some very clear mesomorph characteristics (big chest) mixed with some very clear ectomorph characteristics (thin wrists). Yeah I think so, my nutrition is very varied, I eat a lot of bread with peanut butter, peanuts, cashew nuts, milk, chocolate milk. For dinner I eat lots of vegetables, rice (or potatoes, but never eat many of it), meat (usually chicken or turkey). Also some bananas.

Your meal plan looks good, broccoli is awesome!

Oh btw, yesterday I didn't eat 5000 calories but 4750 calories. My mom accidentally bought diet chocolate milk which is 550 instead of 800 calories for 1 liter. :grrr!:

EDIT: And yoghurt!
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 pm

i swear i am a mix of all three. its irritating. i got think muscley legs like a endo, thin wrists and ankles like a ecto, but big(ish) top half like a meso. but my gains and weight capablities seem to be meso.

being greek and having greek food seems to aid in my diet, i have alot of spinach and rice for dinner so i can be strong like pop-eye, variety of meats, all that jazz. looks like you get alot of protein in. This milled stuff i have is like shelled hemp, flaxseed, goji berries, and pumpkin seeds, it has AMAZING nutirion, fibre, zinc, ALOT of protein, magnesium, and all my vitmanins. Great source of protein mainly tho, that and my protein shakes and food, i tend to get 160~ grams of protein a day.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Rixstar wrote:raw roasted

:confuzed:
Dave
Admin
Admin

http://physicalculture.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Rixstar wrote:i swear i am a mix of all three. its irritating. i got think muscley legs like a endo, thin wrists and ankles like a ecto, but big(ish) top half like a meso. but my gains and weight capablities seem to be meso.

being greek and having greek food seems to aid in my diet, i have alot of spinach and rice for dinner so i can be strong like pop-eye, variety of meats, all that jazz. looks like you get alot of protein in. This milled stuff i have is like shelled hemp, flaxseed, goji berries, and pumpkin seeds, it has AMAZING nutirion, fibre, zinc, ALOT of protein, magnesium, and all my vitmanins. Great source of protein mainly tho, that and my protein shakes and food, i tend to get 160~ grams of protein a day.
The difference between my muscles is sometimes quite weird. I have a HUGE chest, TINY biceps (forearms sometimes look bigger than upper arms when I flex without pressing upper arm to my lats lololololol), freakishly long limbs with a short and square torso, lol. Quite naturally weak shoulders, skinny erectors (darn slightly-visible spine with huge lats to the sides lol).

That milled stuff sounds awesome! I take a multivitamin capsule every (though sometimes I forget) morning, together with a vitamin C tablet (sunless winter as usual lol). That's a lot of protein compared to your calories! Not sure how much protein I exactly eat.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:45 pm

@Dave by raw roast, i mean just stick it in the oven, no oil, no nothing, just cut it off the stem and cook.

@iliander i need the protein, but dont need the calories so that milled stuff is a God send and my protein shakes have hardly any calories or carbs, just all protein and BCAA's. Its all genetics at the end of the day, as much as we fight them, they will always show. in my family with have smaller chests, like my arms have always been big, my kneck and traps are the envy of many people my age, and my back is big but my chest i had to build up and its strong, bench over 100kg, but you wouldnt believe it if you sore the average size of my chest. i think overall i have fairly good genetics, my brothers and i are all strong and atheltic[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but i lack in height :( 5 ft 10, my lil bro is 6 foot tho [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Monday 14/01/13

60 sec rest between (super)sets/circuits:

Working on MUs
3 x 3 Crucifix Rollout Partials (AFAP): 3, 3, 3
3 x 3 Crucifix Rollout Negatives: 3, 3, 3
3 x 2 One Hand Dips: 2/2, 2/2, 2/2 (L/R)
1 x max HeSPUs: 6

4 x 3 180° Front Pulls: 3, 3, 3, 3
4 x 3 Front Pulls with max Front Lever hold: 3, 3, 3, 3
4 x 6 Adv. Tuck Front Lever Rows: 6, 6, 6, 6

4 x 2 Wall Hip Push-ups: 2, 2, 2, 2
4 x 3 Hip Push-ups with 3 sec top hold: 3, 3, 3, 3
4 x 6 Hip Push-ups: 6, 6, 6, 6

Circuit without leaving bar (completed 3 times):

2 Alternating BTN Archer Pull-ups + 4 180° Leg Raises (legs to bar, legs straight, no front lever movement) + 6 Inverted L-sit Pull-ups

5 x 7 Korean Dips: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7
3 x 12 Pull-ups: 12, 12, 12

lolwut this took ages

but felt GREAT

I couldn't superset the front lever and planche because everything is covered by a thin layer of snow and ice (did planche stuff inside the house).
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm

I you tubed the crucifix roll-out. Looks tough!

Same with Korean dips.

Good work Ili!
itlives
Moderator, Selective Germaphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 pm

itlives wrote:I you tubed the crucifix roll-out. Looks tough!

Same with Korean dips.

Good work Ili!
Thanks Mike!

Did you check it out on "unique-bodyweight-exercises" ? What I'm working towards is where my arms are completely straight, until parallel to floor. The guy on that picture has a noticeable bend in the elbows making it easier.

Korean dips are fun!
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Ili,
new avatar looks good. Is that Bar brothers?
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Inca Warrior wrote:Ili,
Yes. That's not the reason why I chose it though.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Iliander wrote:
Inca Warrior wrote:Ili,
Yes. That's not the reason why I chose it though.

ok so what is the reason?
Cesar
Unsurpassed
Unsurpassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Iliander wrote:The difference between my muscles is sometimes quite weird. I have a HUGE chest, TINY biceps (forearms sometimes look bigger than upper arms when I flex without pressing upper arm to my lats lololololol), freakishly long limbs with a short and square torso, lol. Quite naturally weak shoulders, skinny erectors (darn slightly-visible spine with huge lats to the sides lol).

I used to have the part in bold as well. Squat and deadlift my friend. :)

That milled stuff sounds awesome!

I'm pretty sure you guys mean millet. ;)
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesedogTheFirst on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 am

Your workouts lately have been very impressive. Getting strong!
CheesedogTheFirst
The admindog
The admindog

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 am

Inca, the avatar looks good. Might be looking for another one soon, since I'm not really looking to get "shredded", I'm bulking not cutting lol.

Dave, I know... it's a lot better than it used to be though, it's still only slightly visible in the middle of my back when the lighting shows a lot of muscle definition, otherwise it's not visible anymore. I think lots of planche, lever and handstand work really work the erectors too. I first want to get a lot better at BWE, and then test my 1RM of squat, deadlift, etc. :toothy:

Cheese, thanks! :mrgreen:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:49 am

Iliander wrote:I think lots of planche, lever and handstand work really work the erectors too.

That's true, albeit in a different way.

I first want to get a lot better at BWE, and then test my 1RM of squat, deadlift, etc. :toothy:

I'm eager to see what kind of numbers you'll put up. I wouldn't be surprised if your first max attempt squat is close to 200 or even more. Your deadlift might be close to 300. My first deadlift max attempt was around there many moons ago. Too bad I only started training it seriously last spring. Better late than never!
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 am

Dave wrote:I'm eager to see what kind of numbers you'll put up. I wouldn't be surprised if your first max attempt squat is close to 200 or even more. Your deadlift might be close to 300. My first deadlift max attempt was around there many moons ago. Too bad I only started training it seriously last spring. Better late than never!
Pistols should give me a decent squat, and front lever should give me a strong deadlift (I think). Yes, better late than never indeed! :)
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh T. on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Unless you're an all-back puller, front lever work's not going to contribute much to your DL at all. Pull-ups will, to an extent. The legs are where it's at though (if you pull with your hips like I do). The only 2 times I tested my max, I got 345, and a year later, 405lbs after a squat workout. I'm not a big fan of the back pull, but it definitely works. Pulling with your hips has more carryover to sport and jumping, in my opinion (which is what I'm primarily interested in).
Josh T.
Young Gun
Young Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Josh T. wrote:Unless you're an all-back puller, front lever work's not going to contribute much to your DL at all. Pull-ups will, to an extent. The legs are where it's at though (if you pull with your hips like I do). The only 2 times I tested my max, I got 345, and a year later, 405lbs after a squat workout. I'm not a big fan of the back pull, but it definitely works. Pulling with your hips has more carryover to sport and jumping, in my opinion (which is what I'm primarily interested in).
The only time I deadlifted I probably pulled mainly with my hips, not sure. How can pull-ups have more carryover to deadlifts than front lever? Shoulder extension, the part of the pull-up that's also used in the deadlift, is pretty much isolated and worked through a more similar ROM during the front lever.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh T. on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Front Lever = static isometric = a carryover of +- 15 degrees at most.

Anyway, I didn't say it "couldn't" contribute or that it necessarily contributes "more" than a pull-up. In my experience, I have seen pull-ups carry over more than front lever. Again, limited experience. Could be wrong. Jman would know a little more about what does and doesn't carry over than I would.

A lot of it really depends on how you pull. Round-back vs. straight back, hips emphasis vs. back emphasis, etc.

Pull-ups do a really good job at training scapular retraction and depression. If you're DL'ing with a straight back, one of the cues is to lock your scapula to your spine (pull scapula down and back, put them in your pocket, whatever works for you). Front Levers train ATTEMPTED retraction, but you can't get a full retraction out of a full front lever. It's just not going to happen.

Round-back is different from the above description. So, it depends I guess.
Josh T.
Young Gun
Young Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Josh T. wrote:Front Lever = static isometric = a carryover of +- 15 degrees at most.

Anyway, I didn't say it "couldn't" contribute or that it necessarily contributes "more" than a pull-up. In my experience, I have seen pull-ups carry over more than front lever. Again, limited experience. Could be wrong. Jman would know a little more about what does and doesn't carry over than I would.

A lot of it really depends on how you pull. Round-back vs. straight back, hips emphasis vs. back emphasis, etc.

Pull-ups do a really good job at training scapular retraction and depression. If you're DL'ing with a straight back, one of the cues is to lock your scapula to your spine (pull scapula down and back, put them in your pocket, whatever works for you). Front Levers train ATTEMPTED retraction, but you can't get a full retraction out of a full front lever. It's just not going to happen.

Round-back is different from the above description. So, it depends I guess.
Alright... well I guess I'll see in the future how much front lever contributed to my DL. Thanks for the info Josh.

Ok... so I've been sleeping like shit for the past 5 days. Last night I had good sleep though, because I finally went to bed at 22:00 and not later. Today was a VERY weird day, woke up very hungry and started eating but I couldn't find any decent food lol. There was some left over ravioli with tomato sauce so I ate that but I started getting even more hungry afterwards. Later I discovered it was just abdominal pain probably caused by the ravioli lol. Eventually realized there was vegetable soup and that fixed everything. I was afraid I lost weight from the 5 days of insufficient sleep, my chest looked waaay smaller than usual. But it seems I didn't, and I started looking normal again later in the day. For some reason didn't find the time to do any decent workout, so I will do everything tomorrow.

Btw, alternating hot & cold showers rock! It immediately reduces soreness.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Yes it does. But I have been too wimpy to do it for the last year or so. :(
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Front lever will have little to no carryover to DL. There is no replacement that you can do with your own bodyweight... been over this a few times on the other forum.
I know a guy who's an absolute beast at levers, flags, planche, handstand, etc. and he can barely pull bodyweight for a set of 10.
Shoulder extension (if by that you mean pressing down with straight arms, as in the front lever) has basically nothing to do with pulling off the floor.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:51 am

Dave - What about plain cold showers then? :twisted:

Jman - Yeah I remember that discussion where you mentioned this, he must have a very weak lower body...
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 pm

17/01/13 - Thursday

1 x max HeSPUs: 7 (could've done 1-2 more reps if I didn't lose balance :grrr!: )

Working on Clean Muscle-up without false grip, I'm getting very close to one, can land on top of the bar but not enough force yet to fly over the bar, will try to record it when I succeed. :D

2 x 3 Crucifix Rollout Partials (AFAP): 3, 3
2 x 3 Crucifix Rollout Negatives: 3, 3
3 x 2 One Hand Dips: 2/2, 2/2, 2/2

I'm keeping the volume low at these... too easy to injure yourself.

2 180° Front Pulls followed by 6 Adv. Tuck Front Lever Rows without leaving the bar: completed 3 times (60 sec rest between sets)

Lol crap method... should've used the same method I used for planche:

12 x 5 Hip Push-ups: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (30 sec rest between sets)
1 x max Hip Push-ups: 12

This felt AWESOME. I love the 12 sets with 30 sec rest method.

Working on improving the form of my Pistol Squats... still difficult to keep the other leg straight.

6 x 8 Korean Dips: 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 (60 sec rest between sets)
6 x 4 L-sit Pull-ups: 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 (60 sec rest between sets)

L-sit still weak... I lack hip flexor strength (never really done any L-sit).
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Iliander wrote:Dave - What about plain cold showers then? :twisted:

Even worse.
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 pm

That's what I thought... lol

Gotta strengthen your immunity! :beardy:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Yeah, but I don't get sick...
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Iliander wrote:

Jman - Yeah I remember that discussion where you mentioned this, he must have a very weak lower body...

It's just that bodyweight training is no substitute for lifting; and vice versa. He's the strongest person at bwe's I know personally, the only things I can beat him at are OACs/weighted chins, and full range HSPU. But, zero lifting training = very very low ability in terms of lifting... that is all. The larger you are, of course, the less of a disadvantage you'll be at when it comes to carryover. The same goes for heavy lifters who are light themselves. But still, specificity is what's at issue here.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 am

Journeyman wrote:It's just that bodyweight training is no substitute for lifting; and vice versa. He's the strongest person at bwe's I know personally, the only things I can beat him at are OACs/weighted chins, and full range HSPU. But, zero lifting training = very very low ability in terms of lifting... that is all. The larger you are, of course, the less of a disadvantage you'll be at when it comes to carryover. The same goes for heavy lifters who are light themselves. But still, specificity is what's at issue here.
While I agree, I think the biggest reason for the little carryover is due to inverted movement patterns. If you aren't doing some kind of inverted chin-up, or elevator training you'll be weak at cleans. Same way that the only lift that would make you stronger at pull-ups would be hanging upside down and pulling a barbell towards you.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 am

What do you mean "inverted chin up"? The power for the clean comes from the lower body, especially the hips. Does your reverse chin up work these?
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 am

Dave.cyco wrote:What do you mean "inverted chin up"? The power for the clean comes from the lower body, especially the hips. Does your reverse chin up work these?
Eh... I actually just mean pulling something from the ground in a curl type of way.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 am

I see. Well that would do it then. :)
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:10 am

Dave.cyco wrote:I see. Well that would do it then. :)
Yeah, lol. Sorry. :facepalm:
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

18/01/13 - Friday

Tried some pistol squats, a lot of pressure on my knees. I'll give them rest tomorrow. Maybe some high rep close squats throughout sets, will see.

I've also been doing a couple of random HeSPUs throughout the day.

Now, an hour or so ago I decided to try something. I did a front lever muscle-up on a wooden baulk inside the house! I'm psyched now! I then went outside to see if I could do it on a bar, ALMOST succeeded. I was extremely close, but couldn't complete the last part of pressing out of the transition. Not to mention it's a rest day and I've got sore biceps.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Journeyman on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Iliander wrote:
Journeyman wrote:It's just that bodyweight training is no substitute for lifting; and vice versa. He's the strongest person at bwe's I know personally, the only things I can beat him at are OACs/weighted chins, and full range HSPU. But, zero lifting training = very very low ability in terms of lifting... that is all. The larger you are, of course, the less of a disadvantage you'll be at when it comes to carryover. The same goes for heavy lifters who are light themselves. But still, specificity is what's at issue here.
While I agree, I think the biggest reason for the little carryover is due to inverted movement patterns. If you aren't doing some kind of inverted chin-up, or elevator training you'll be weak at cleans. Same way that the only lift that would make you stronger at pull-ups would be hanging upside down and pulling a barbell towards you.

Rows have plenty of carryover to chins/pullups as long as you actually do the latter. If you don't, you'll probably suck at them, but if you have the back strength you'll catch up pretty quickly when you do start doing them.
There is no substitute for pulling off the floor, whether it's a clean, deadlift, shouldering a sandbag.... Even lifting something from the floor in a curl/power curl is mainly back/hips when you do it properly. Anyway, just as with the above example if you become brutally strong with GHRs, weighted bridges etc. you'll probably still really stink at heavy pulling off the floor, but you might have the chance to catch up once you start doing it regularly.

Seriously, this stuff is pretty simple. Do what you want to be good at and don't expect to be too great at something you aren't actually doing.
Journeyman
Exercise Encyclopedia
Exercise Encyclopedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Yo iliander, we must have some sort of telepathy, always trying the same things :P i tried free standing HeSPU's been trying them for a week, i can squeeze two out before losing balance, but i still feel it in my trapz more than anywhere haha no idea why, maybe coz of my height
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Journeyman wrote:Rows have plenty of carryover to chins/pullups as long as you actually do the latter. If you don't, you'll probably suck at them, but if you have the back strength you'll catch up pretty quickly when you do start doing them.
There is no substitute for pulling off the floor, whether it's a clean, deadlift, shouldering a sandbag.... Even lifting something from the floor in a curl/power curl is mainly back/hips when you do it properly. Anyway, just as with the above example if you become brutally strong with GHRs, weighted bridges etc. you'll probably still really stink at heavy pulling off the floor, but you might have the chance to catch up once you start doing it regularly.

Seriously, this stuff is pretty simple. Do what you want to be good at and don't expect to be too great at something you aren't actually doing.
I know... doing solely GHRs and weighted bridges/whatever to get better at deadlifts is obviously a waste of time, but that doesn't mean attacking BWE from every possible angle wouldn't make you decent at other stuff that tests your physical strength.

Rixstar wrote:Yo iliander, we must have some sort of telepathy, always trying the same things :P i tried free standing HeSPU's been trying them for a week, i can squeeze two out before losing balance, but i still feel it in my trapz more than anywhere haha no idea why, maybe coz of my height
Wahahaha! You can do 2 reps!? That's awesome, I always lose balance. I haven't been consistent with handstands (balance-wise), but it's quite hard for me to keep balance due to my height lol. I never feel em in the traps... they grew though.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Im guessing i have shorter arms than you so i think balance is less of an issue for me. two reps, but sloppy and not quite as far as i would like to go, but exceptable. every night i just move my rug and do handstands over and over, progressing well.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Rixstar wrote:Im guessing i have shorter arms than you so i think balance is less of an issue for me. two reps, but sloppy and not quite as far as i would like to go, but exceptable. every night i just move my rug and do handstands over and over, progressing well.
Actually it's my long legs... at the end it doesn't matter though.
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:17 pm

ahh good point. BTW is it true Belgium is the beer capital of the world and has LOADS of beers?
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Rixstar wrote:ahh good point. BTW is it true Belgium is the beer capital of the world and has LOADS of beers?
hm not sure, perhaps we're a beer country but I never drink beer... we're more of a chocolate country and a "french" fries country
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Rix on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm

I was watching tv and they was saying how many beers you have, i was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] impressive.
Rix

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:30 am

19/01/13 - Saturday

Working on muscle-up
3 x 5 HeSPUs: 5, 5, 5 (60 sec rest)
3 x 3 180° Front Pulls: 3, 3, 3 (60 sec rest)
12 x 3 Adv. Tuck Front Lever Rows: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (30 sec rest)
12 x 2 Tuck Planche Push-ups: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 (30 sec rest)
5 x max Tuck Planche Push-ups: 5, 5, 5, 6, 8 (60 sec rest)
6 x 5 UG Korean Dips: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (60 sec rest)
6 x 5 L-sit Pull-ups: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (60 sec rest)

First time ever doing tuck planche push-ups. 12 x 2 turned out to be too easy, so I added another 5 x max. I should get the front lever muscle-up (with false grip, on bar) soon, tried again today and was even closer than yesterday. Actually succeeded in one rep but it didn't count since I generated a bit of momentum by jumping into the front lever on a low bar. GREAT session today. :)
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Wholly kow how long did that take! :shock:
Dave
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Dave.cyco wrote:Wholly kow how long did that take! :shock:
Not sure... probably an hour or a little longer. I quickly moved from one exercise to another. :P
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Iliander wrote:19/01/13 - Saturday

Working on muscle-up
3 x 5 HeSPUs: 5, 5, 5 (60 sec rest)
3 x 3 180° Front Pulls: 3, 3, 3 (60 sec rest)
12 x 3 Adv. Tuck Front Lever Rows: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (30 sec rest)
12 x 2 Tuck Planche Push-ups: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 (30 sec rest)
5 x max Tuck Planche Push-ups: 5, 5, 5, 6, 8 (60 sec rest)
6 x 5 UG Korean Dips: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (60 sec rest)
6 x 5 L-sit Pull-ups: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (60 sec rest)

:)

Boy! I'll say! :face:
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyD on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Impressive work!! Keep it up.
johnnyD
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Iliander on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:52 am

Mike - Forgive me for being not so sure what you meant... :toothy: :confused:

Johnny - Thanks! I really appreciate it. :)
Iliander
Incredible
Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by itlives on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:16 am

I enlarged "Working on muscle up"
Saying "Boy, I'll say!" is an American way of agreeing wholeheartedly.

I could've just said "Good work" :D
itlives

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top